Warde Manuel Wins AD of The Year | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel Wins AD of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CLEVELAND - University of Connecticut Director of Athletics Warde Manuel was named a winner of the Under Armour AD of the Year Award on Tuesday by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of America (NACDA).

Manuel will be honored with the award on June 17 at NACDA's 50th Annual Convention at the World Center Marriott Resort in Orlando, Fla.

Manuel is one of four Director of Athletics that are being honored.

[LINK] to full article.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Here's a link to the announcement from the National Association of Collegiate Directors of America. Warde is one of four winners from the Football Bowl Subdivision -- kind of ironic given how lousy our football team has been, but I guess it's an award for overall leadership and accomplishment, not just football. Congratulations, Warde!

LINK

Reaction Score
Aside from our gridiron woes, UConn is an athletic success story.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's all part of a plan to by UnderAmour to further weaken the unversity.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I would have voted for AD Hart of Tennessee for doing things "the right way" in the hallowed Tennessee tradition.:rolleyes:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for him to answer a letter I wrote several months ago

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Warde. I don't know how political the process is, but this looks like a big deal.

Obviously, women's hoops is small potatoes, but relative to the competition, I think UConn has once again become the best team in sports. And Geno may be as good as any coach in any sport.

Reaction Score
Consolation prize for not getting the Michigan job?
The Michigan job has not yet been filled permanently. He may not need a consolation prize, if there's any truth to the rumor currently going around.

Reaction Score
What beautiful irony. Warde Manuel sits on his hands, gets embarrassed and outmaneuvered by Louisville, which then takes the final slot in the ACC, and receives a reward for his great skill as an AD. Frankly, Jim Harbaugh should be salivating at the prospect of Warde Manuel as the AD at Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom