Waq, Vike, UConner.......... | The Boneyard

Waq, Vike, UConner..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't doubt what Bobby V. said. But what does that have to do with the Yanks deciding call it a day and trying to hang it on two guys you loved just a couple of years ago?

You mentioned quitting did you not?............your guy pouted like a 10 year old LLer and then quit on his team........how does that make you feel?

And again the Yanks didn't quit, they didn't hit!!!.........a damn poet huh?!?!

Reaction Score
You mentioned quitting did you not?............your guy pouted like a 10 year old LLer and then quit on his team........how does that make you feel?

And again the Yanks didn't quit, they didn't hit!!!.........a damn poet huh?!?!
There's little doubt in my mind that Ortiz could have come back and finished the season and he decided not to. However, there is also little doubt in my mind that he was less than 100%. So should you play when the season is lost and risk further injury or should you sit it out. I think he made the correct choice and I would be surprised if Bobby didn't know it too.

Reaction Score
There's little doubt in my mind that Ortiz could have come back and finished the season and he decided not to. However, there is also little doubt in my mind that he was less than 100%. So should you play when the season is lost and risk further injury or should you sit it out. I think he made the correct choice and I would be surprised if Bobby didn't know it too.

He was 2 for 2 in his return and walked a couple times from what i hear........and then the trade occurred and he shut it down? Sorry he's a freakin DH and doesn't run anything out.....he can play!!

I could care less about Papi 60's and you're good about things, just think it's funny we have all these guys calling Yanlees chokes and quitters but can't find them supporting their own team on this one!!;)

Reaction Score
Life is sweet when Mau is still worked up about his Yankee's choke. Oh, and Mo sounds like he's quitting...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He was 2 for 2 in his return and walked a couple times from what i hear........and then the trade occurred and he shut it down? Sorry he's a freakin DH and doesn't run anything out.....he can play!!

I could care less about Papi 60's and you're good about things, just think it's funny we have all these guys calling Yanlees chokes and quitters but can't find them supporting their own team on this one!!;)
He actually runs things out. He hurt his achilles running out a ball hard that ended up being a HR. And the game he came back and got a couple hits, he was limping when running the bases.
At the time the trade was completed, he was hurting. Why should he play hurt with an injured achilles with the season already over, further risking a more serious injury which might wipe out his 2013 season?
As someone who wants him on the 2013 team I'm glad he didn't push it too much.

Reaction Score
Life is sweet when Mau is still worked up about his Yankee's choke. Oh, and Mo sounds like he's quitting...

Only you would look at things that way!! Happy for you, really.........:eek:

Reaction Score
He actually runs things out. He hurt his achilles running out a ball hard that ended up being a HR. And the game he came back and got a couple hits, he was limping when running the bases.
At the time the trade was completed, he was hurting. Why should he play hurt with an injured achilles with the season already over, further risking a more serious injury which might wipe out his 2013 season?
As someone who wants him on the 2013 team I'm glad he didn't push it too much.

Well #1 he doesn't run things out he's the worst. #2 I never said Bobby was a fool and felt he was in a bad place, the Sox clubhouse. He knows Papi quit after he heard about the trades.....period.......easy for people to see that, except you and UConner and I don't think even you deserve to be in that company!!

Reaction Score
Well #1 he doesn't run things out he's the worst. #2 I never said Bobby was a fool and felt he was in a bad place, the Sox clubhouse. He knows Papi quit after he heard about the trades.....period.......easy for people to see that, except you and UConner and I don't think even you deserve to be in that company!!
Well Mau, I did not say that the Yankees quit and I don't think that they did. But I do agree with Viking that Ortiz runs things out. He has been scoring regularly from second on singles and going first to third on base hits to right. I think you must be thinking of Adrian Gonzalez who never runs hard. His achilles tendons are the safest things in the world.

Reaction Score
He used to be pretty bad, but this spring he came into camp lighter and was actually running harder than he has in years.. But I get the feeling that you watch more Sox games than I do apparently. Didn't think that was possible but what do I know.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For the record, I'm not talking about the the Yankee players quitting I'm talking about the organization quitting. Tellling the manager to sit ARod and Swisher in favor of a couple ham and eggers.

Reaction Score
For the record, I'm not talking about the the Yankee players quitting I'm talking about the organization quitting. Tellling the manager to sit ARod and Swisher in favor of a couple ham and eggers.
If the ham and eggers you are referring to are Eric Chavez and Ichiro Suzuki, not a bad way to start breakfast. Cashman did a pretty good job of giving Joe Girardi some options. Contrast that with Ben Cherington who gave Bobby almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom