Walsh Torn MCL Out 4-6 Weeks- UPDATE: Stage 2 sprain | The Boneyard

Walsh Torn MCL Out 4-6 Weeks- UPDATE: Stage 2 sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
means he is questionable for the bowl game. Who is his backup? Good thing we get the 15 e tea practices. Hopefully Walsh makes a perfect recovery and is able to start conditioning in the offseason with no setbacks

Reaction Score
I'd hold him out of the game and let him heal up fully.

Reaction Score
means he is questionable for the bowl game. Who is his backup? Good thing we get the 15 e tea practices. Hopefully Walsh makes a perfect recovery and is able to start conditioning in the offseason with no setbacks

@Drew - Source?

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Vann and maybe Diggs will see the field more. These extra practices will help.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
How is that diagnosed so quickly?
They probably took an x-ray and/or MRI almost immediately following the play. If the UConn team physician was at the game, he'll do a preliminary read and they would likely have a radiologist do a final read. Soup to nuts, they could do all of that within a couple of hours.

Reaction Score
From a Fuller article.

>>Junior linebacker Matt Walsh was knocked out of the game with a lower body injury. Diaco did not have specific details "His spirits are high," Diaco said. "They (UConn's medical staff) were encouraged. I don't want to speculate but they all seem encouraged"<<

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I heard he had a pilonidal cyst. Or an ovarian cyst. Or maybe it was gall stones. Or just gas.
Jiminy Christmas, stop the prognostication Crap LOL.

Drew

Reaction Score
Good news- not a tear. Stage 2 MCL sprain. Hopefully he can get back for the bowl

Reaction Score
Good news- not a tear. Stage 2 MCL sprain. Hopefully he can get back for the bowl

I think you mean grade 2 MCL Sprain - not "stage 2"

Did you correct it on Twitter too? Kinda ironic that "uconnfbfacts" was not...;)

Drew

Reaction Score
I think you mean grade 2 MCL Sprain - not "stage 2"

Did you correct it on Twitter too? Kinda ironic that "uconnfbfacts" was not...

Hey man idk what your problem is but I'm sorry the initial diagnosis during the game of a tear versus a sprain wasn't exact. Not sure what your deal is with this but you should know by now I've never claimed to be some crazy insider to the football program, despite knowing large numbers of the team personally. If you don't like what's being said here- then don't click on the thread. Plain and simple. Injuries aren't always correctly diagnosed immediately on the scene- see the Gronk injury last night for another example. I'm relaying what I know and you don't like that then don't read it

Reaction Score
Hey man idk what your problem is but I'm sorry the initial diagnosis during the game of a tear versus a sprain wasn't exact. Not sure what your deal is with this but you should know by now I've never claimed to be some crazy insider to the football program, despite knowing large numbers of the team personally. If you don't like what's being said here- then don't click on the thread. Plain and simple. Injuries aren't always correctly diagnosed immediately on the scene- see the Gronk injury last night for another example. I'm relaying what I know and you don't like that then don't read it

My initial opinions was you jumped the gun w/ the post/tweet. I asked what your source of info was and never got a response (despite you posting in other threads that night - but you own me nothing if you didn't want to respond back to the inquiry).

My sense/intel was you had bad info. As someone who has spent many, many. hours on football sidelines and basketball baselines during my career (not to mention in day-to-day EMS), I found it difficult to believe that even in a pro stadium- they had a diagnosis and prognosis as specific as you posted within an hour or so of that type of injury occurring. Everything else I was hearing/seeing was contrary to what you put out.

Glad you came back and corrected it. The second part of my response was kind of snarky - my bad.

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
My initial opinions was you jumped the gun w/ the post/tweet. I asked what your source of info was and never got a response (despite you posting in other threads that night - but you own me nothing if you didn't want to respond back to the inquiry).

My sense/intel was you had bad info. As someone who has spent many, many. hours on football sidelines and basketball baselines during my career (not to mention in day-to-day EMS), I found it difficult to believe that even in a pro stadium- they had a diagnosis and prognosis as specific as you posted within an hour or so of that type of injury occurring. Everything else I was hearing/seeing was contrary to what you put out.

Glad you came back and corrected it. The second part of my response was kind of snarky - my bad.

I came in hot there too- so my fault as well.

That being said I didn't respond to your request for a source because I have been requested multiple times to not be quoted by people I know in/around the program. Especially with something like an initial diagnosis on a medical issue. I could have/should have stated it not as fact but rather as an initial diagnosis, that is my fault.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Sources don't want to be named because they're violating professional ethics and, probably, federal privacy laws. We all want to know but best to leave medical discussions to official communications.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
But I do hope the damage is minimal and recovery quick. Return to LB worked out well for Matt and he's got a lot of football left in him.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

medic gets upset when anyone breaks news on here before he does; that's all that this is actually about

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
More importantly, how long is the recovery period for Walsh's injury generally?

Reaction Score
A sprain is a tear. Out 4-6 weeks would mean that its likely a grade 2. Therefore, the initial report was correct. Based on manual testing you can figure out a lot. The diagnosis could be accurately made without an MRI . everyone should settle down.

Reaction Score
Matt Walsh played for Daniel Hand in Madison. We all hope for him to have a speedy recovery. Many thanks for both medic and Drew for the updates.

Reaction Score
I came in hot there too- so my fault as well.

That being said I didn't respond to your request for a source because I have been requested multiple times to not be quoted by people I know in/around the program. Especially with something like an initial diagnosis on a medical issue. I could have/should have stated it not as fact but rather as an initial diagnosis, that is my fault.
That's all you had to say. Done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69