Walking Dead Season 4 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 4

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Carol pointed out that Judith can't even walk yet, so it wouldn't be right to make her a walker. Lizzy paused and said she was right...but it was only a matter of time.
Yea thought that was a great line by Carol, Judith can't be a walker, she can't walk. :D

Reaction Score
The little girl zombie in the pilot may be the creepiest zombie of all, but I'm not going to run a campaign here for younger zombies or victims. Too much killing already in all media. I'm way in favor of not desensitizing it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I recently thought about this in the context of the Hunger Games, which is, like Lizzie and Nika, made worse for the child on child nature of the violence. My 11 year daughter wanted to see the Hunger Games, and while it has many virtues as a story, the book would be better. I explained to her the scenes in the game where kids kill other kids, brutally, and she very quickly changed her mind on wanting to see it. It is PG-13.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I recently thought about this in the context of the Hunger Games, which is, like Lizzie and Nika, made worse for the child on child nature of the violence. My 11 year daughter wanted to see the Hunger Games, and while it has many virtues as a story, the book would be better. I explained to her the scenes in the game where kids kill other kids, brutally, and she very quickly changed her mind on wanting to see it. It is PG-13.
Good idea. Reading is better for her anyway.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meh. Not a very good episode, especially for one leading up to season finale.
It was ok. But after last weeks, pretty much anything was going to be a let down.

We did get some decent stuff though. Glenn and Maggie finally met up. Two groups met up. We got to see that Terminus exists, still not sure what exactly it is. (Interesting note they talked about on Talking Dead, Terminus was a real place in GA. The end of the line (a terminus) for a railway. It eventually became Atlanta.) Found out Daryl is with a group that is after Rick and Co.

Leaves plenty of stuff to explore in the last episode. And leave plenty hanging for Season 5.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I dunno, you guys. I thought the zombies in the tunnel were TERRIFYING! Nicely done! It's been awhile since we've seen so many gathered in one place. Creepy as Hell! Maybe not as creepy as Terminus turns out to be...already got a bad vibe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I dunno, you guys. I thought the zombies in the tunnel were TERRIFYING! Nicely done! It's been awhile since we've seen so many gathered in one place. Creepy as Hell! Maybe not as creepy as Terminus turns out to be...already got a bad vibe.
I wonder.... if....it was foreboding that Glenn and Maggie met up again in the Tunnel of Love, are they now in Dire Straits at Terminus?

sorry, that was bad. :rolleyes:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I wonder.... if....it was foreboding that Glenn and Maggie met up again in the Tunnel of Love, are they now in Dire Straits at Terminus?

sorry, that was bad. :rolleyes:

We've got to move these human haters.
We've got to move these killer zombie-ieees.

Reaction Score

There was one that seemed to be a walking skeleton. It made me wonder if the zombies need muscle at all. And how are they producing energy if supposedly none of their organs work.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought it was a pretty good episode.

My fear, however, is that we're moving towards another version of "Governor and the Prison".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There was one that seemed to be a walking skeleton. It made me wonder if the zombies need muscle at all. And how are they producing energy if supposedly none of their organs work.
You just kinda have to skip over that. Among many other things. I mean we are talking zombies from the get go. So suspending beliefs on other things like how they digest what they eat, what do they do with waste, why sometimes they can climb things, sometimes they can't, etc. Yea, it's a zombie show. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought it was a pretty good episode.

My fear, however, is that we're moving towards another version of "Governor and the Prison".
Well probably not quite the same. But they are either going to be on the road or holed up someplace with someone (or something) trying to take it away from them. Just going to be different places, with different people, different groups. They had the camp, the CDC, the farm, the prison/Woodbury and now probably Terminus. Other than that they have to pretty much be on the road.

Most people don't think Terminus is going to be a real nice place. Lots of speculation on who and what it could be (based off the comics). Doubt we'll get too far into it, mostly I assume will be next season. This finale though is supposed to be pretty "brutal". I figure someone's gonna die. For the past 3 seasons they've killed of someone in the season penultimate episode. (Season 1- Amy, Season 2- Shane, Season 3 - Meryl) They didn't do that this season, so ........probably not going to end well for someone.

Reaction Score
This finale though is supposed to be pretty "brutal". I figure someone's gonna die. For the past 3 seasons they've killed of someone in the season penultimate episode. (Season 1- Amy, Season 2- Shane, Season 3 - Meryl) They didn't do that this season, so ...probably not going to end well for someone.

Predictions?

I say Carol and Beth.

Reaction Score
Episode was ok, going into the tunnel was nearly inexplicable but they rationalized it with Glenn trying to ID zombie's as non-Maggie's. The dorky comic book reader stand-in can be cringe worthy fan service, but he functions perfectly in the plot. He might be an amalgamation of everyone in the writer's room.

I liked connecting two of the 5 groups

The "CLAIMED" rule was just ridiculous and reflective of lazy brainless writing, but the interaction among that group was good other than the leader's man-crush on Daryl. Maybe the idiot rabbit stealer wouldn't have been able to sneak up on Daryl and simultaneously kill the rabbit and definitely would not have been able to guess that Daryl missed a jailbait girl, but that supposition was probably necessary to confirm the Daryl-Maggie's sister budding relationship. Incidentally I think her getting stolen is THE most current interesting plot twist so I hope they don't table that until next season.

Why do the bad guys always have to be motivated solely to kill Rick's group for the sake of killing them? I keep expecting pockets of cannibalistic bad guys to be roaming the earth and killing other survivors for meat ala The Road (book not movie). That would also be part of the 'symbolism' as the surviving humans come closer and closer to being zombies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Episode was ok, going into the tunnel was nearly inexplicable but they rationalized it with Glenn trying to ID zombie's as non-Maggie's. The dorky comic book reader stand-in can be cringe worthy fan service, but he functions perfectly in the plot. He might be an amalgamation of everyone in the writer's room.
A lot of what Glenn did was dumb. But that's what love will do to you. Hint, hint, don't fall in love in the Apocalypse.

I liked connecting two of the 5 groups
I think they will connect up some more this last episode. But not all of them may be at Terminus. Not sure having Rick and Co. and the "Claimers" at Terminus makes any sense. I think Terminus is gonna be a problem in itself. I figure the Claimers catch Rick and Co before they get to Terminus.

The "CLAIMED" rule was just ridiculous and reflective of lazy brainless writing, but the interaction among that group was good other than the leader's man-crush on Daryl. Maybe the idiot rabbit stealer wouldn't have been able to sneak up on Daryl and simultaneously kill the rabbit and definitely would not have been able to guess that Daryl missed a jailbait girl, but that supposition was probably necessary to confirm the Daryl-Maggie's sister budding relationship. Incidentally I think her getting stolen is THE most current interesting plot twist so I hope they don't table that until next season.
I thought the "Claimed" rule was kind of clever. Particularly for this specific group of people. Ones who would be pretty much loners without the group. They would probably kill each other off shortly without some rule(s). Merle and Daryl were gonna rob the Atlanta camp before Merle got stuck on the roof. And surviving alone is tough. Works better in a group. Everyone needs to be a part of an "Us", even if that "Us" is a messed up group.

Why do the bad guys always have to be motivated solely to kill Rick's group for the sake of killing them? I keep expecting pockets of cannibalistic bad guys to be roaming the earth and killing other survivors for meat ala The Road (book not movie). That would also be part of the 'symbolism' as the surviving humans come closer and closer to being zombies.
Good point. In the comic they do come across a cannibal group. I imagine we'll see one soon. (maybe real soon) There is a lot of speculation on-line that might be why there are so few people at Terminus. Would be a nice way to trap dinner. In one of the previews for this last episode, Rick is teaching Carl how to set up a trap for a rabbit. Digging a trench to force/lure the rabbit to the noose. (kind of like the Terminus signs ;))

There is supposed to be a new character introduced this season, so gotta be this final episode. Called Gareth. Supposed to play a big role??? There was no Gareth in the comics but he is supposed to be a combination of a couple people from the comics. So not sure what they are going to do with him. (they could give him the same name and make him different anyway, they've done that before).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Predictions?

I say Carol and Beth.
I was thinking either Glenn or Maggie. Can't have any happiness. But since they are in Terminus now, can't seem them getting killed right off, otherwise people will know it's a bad place right away. I figure they aren't going to want/need to get out of there for awhile. (i.e. they'll use Terminus next season)

Certainly could be Beth. She's already been taken. hmmm, what was Mary cooking on the grill? And her creepy, "we'll make YOU a plate". No idea, just speculation.

Looks like something happens to Rick in one of the previews. Don't think they'll kill off Carl or Michonne, but maybe Carl could get taken like Beth?? Maybe somebody's got a God complex, wants to repopulate the world and is collecting youngin's to start??? Or maybe just a slave market?? Or just slaves, not sure who'd you'd market them too??

Reaction Score
That's a weird thing about the show, kidnapping Beth and raping her to repopulate is somehow too dark for an apocalpyse show about death and they would risk turning off viewers with a misogynistic plot.

I definitely think Maggie ripping up her own picture was a foreshadow of her imminent demise. She also seems to be struggling on/off/deep south/none with her accent.

The claimed idea is something I'd expect my 9yr old to come up with to dominate his younger siblings but then within an hour they'd poke a million holes in it. Do I really have to delve into the ways it doesn't work?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's a weird thing about the show, kidnapping Beth and raping her to repopulate is somehow too dark for an apocalpyse show about death and they would risk turning off viewers with a misogynistic plot.
Possibly, but the comics are pretty dark.

I definitely think Maggie ripping up her own picture was a foreshadow of her imminent demise. She also seems to be struggling on/off/deep south/none with her accent.
I hadn't noticed that, but have heard it mentioned elsewhere. I don't really notice a difference unless she speaks in her normal British accent. Guess I should pay more attention. On the other hand maybe Glenn is corrupting her? :rolleyes:

The claimed idea is something I'd expect my 9yr old to come up with to dominate his younger siblings but then within an hour they'd poke a million holes in it. Do I really have to delve into the ways it doesn't work?
Sure, go ahead. This should be interesting.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Gonna be a long, boring Summer. No basketball. No Walking Dead. Whatever shall we talk about???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I claim this thread
Ok, so how does that explain how it does not work for them? I understand how it wouldn't work for you, but how does it not work for them?

And as a side note, you can have it. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom