Vote! for the top media writer for UConn Football? | The Boneyard

Vote! for the top media writer for UConn Football?

Who is the best media writer for our UCONN Football?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
its voting season kind of. Why not find out who is awesome and who is not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
can i add 1 more choice to that cody?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if jeff jacobs wins its a sad day. he for years was the most hated guy on the beat for the way he covered bball. now he sees how bad things are and is being himself picking fball apart. we all agree with him now fball wise so hes getting love. the fact that the others can't see it just blows me away...

Reaction Score
i hope this gets going good. its hilarious to me. lol. As far as they guys go, Jacobs is the only one on the fans side right now. He's probably going to win.

Reaction Score
1. Mike Farrell
2. Shawn Nascar
3. That Assclown from Rivals who thought it was good idea to bad mouth Robbie Frey as a way to woo us back from Scout. Who was that guy? Something Jackson

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
1. Mike Farrell
2. Shawn Nascar
3. That Assclown from Rivals who thought it was good idea to bad mouth Robbie Frey as a way to woo us back from Scout. Who was that guy? Something Jackson
Dallas. At least he made good on his promise.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Dallas. At least he made good on his promise.

He did. 100 of us got rivals subscriptions for a year and while I don't plan on paying for one anytime soon, it was quality service.

I don't think any of the above are particularly good nor bad. Jeff Jacobs is the best writer of the bunch, but has too many "strikeouts" for me to give him my vote. I'll go with John Silver because he is consistent.

Chip Malafronte and Bizlawyer don't count. If they did, I would vote for one of them.

Reaction Score
if jeff jacobs wins its a sad day. he for years was the most hated guy on the beat for the way he covered bball. now he sees how bad things are and is being himself picking fball apart. we all agree with him now fball wise so hes getting love. the fact that the others can't see it just blows me away...

Well. When I was at the hoop game at Ramstein, I spoke with two pretty prominent members of the UConn sports media. Their opinions were nearly identical to the the consensus opinion here. I really think that there are only one or two outliers.

Jacobs is actually capable of critical thought. His most biting columns are yet to be written when t comes to P and D.

Reaction Score
Ugh, who voted for Andrea Adelson... easily the journalist least capable of independant thought.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ugh, who voted for Andrea Adelson... easily the journalist least capable of independant thought.
That was an affirmative action pick.

Reaction Score
John Silver has been the best for years. Never could understand all the love for Dez. I always thought that all the Dez fans (more past than present) liked him based on quantity over quality analysis. Ever since we are getting more quantity blogs from John Silver on SNY, he is my first go to.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. She's an absolute twit. When she was given the ESPN Big East beat after the Louisville guy left for the B1G ESPN post, she wrote nothing but ESPN company line fluff pieces & clearly showed her ACC bent. It was only after the mass exodus announcements in 2011 that she realized that the mother ship was shoving the Big East into a closet & she started writing some critical defense pieces on the conference's post season record being better than the ACC's. She finally had realized that she had been assigned to a conference that her employer was actively trying to turn into a have not. Her reward: the ESPN Big East blog is being shared with Matt Fortuna. Looks like she's being shoved into the ditch.

Reaction Score
John Silver has been the best for years. Never could understand all the love for Dez. I always thought that all the Dez fans (more past than present) liked him based on quantity over quality analysis. Ever since we are getting more quantity blogs from John Silver on SNY, he is my first go to.
The main reason that Dez was initially liked by so many fans is simple. The Hartford Courant for years only had one daily beat reporter for UConn men's sports. Ken Davis would start out the football season. When hoops would start up practicing in October, the bulk of his columns would be on Coach Calhoun & his team, with token interest in football during the week. His big football articles would appear on game days & day after as wrap-up articles.
The Courant was faced with declining readership in the digital age (as is all print media). Dez Conner was brought in as a UConn football specific beat writer in the hopes of gaining readership with the attraction of UConn Football fans. It's not working, but at least we fans have a daily outlet into the UConn football locker room by the largest newspaper in the state.

Reaction Score
All of these guys suck compared to the job Kevin Duffy does for Men's hoops.

Until he expresses an opinion or view you don't agree with then its time to run him out of town too right! Burn the Witches!!

Reaction Score
He did. 100 of us got rivals subscriptions for a year and while I don't plan on paying for one anytime soon, it was quality service.

I don't think any of the above are particularly good nor bad. Jeff Jacobs is the best writer of the bunch, but has too many "strikeouts" for me to give him my vote. I'll go with John Silver because he is consistent.

Chip Malafronte and Bizlawyer don't count. If they did, I would vote for one of them.

Just an FYI - Chip doesn't cover UConn Football for the Register anymore - it's John Fuller doing Rambling from the Runway now and does a decent job with extension to Facebook and Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom