Vol Nation Forum? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vol Nation Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Far be it from me to defend a LV fan on this board but...
Re-read AVF's statement. " I really do not think that Tenn can't return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together."
If he/she had said "I really do not think that Tenn can return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together" (perhaps it should have been used instead of anything), then I would have agreed with you.
I just assumed it was bad grammar - & still do

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
By far the best thing to do with VolNation and the Summitt is to stay away. There is nothing to be learned there and you sure as hell are not going to teach them anything!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Absolutely. The scheiskopfs from those boards are not going to come over here anyway, and if they do the mods will take care of them. My point was that there it is futile to argue with them on their boards about the scurrilous accusations against Geno and Maya. They are not susceptible to rational argument.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Although there is tons of negativity on Vol Nation, I really do not think that Tenn can't return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together..

Sorry to disagree
I just can't accept the concept that the contents of a message board has anything to do with how a team plays.
The board is merely a reflection of a general anxiety, that the team's inconsistent performance has caused.
One comes first, the second follows.
Reminds me of a semi-scholarly book that I was very fond of in the 70's
From Calgary to Hitler, a study of reflections of Nazism in the German Cinema, from the earlier times.
But it was never contemplated that the symbolism in the films came first.
Society moved in increasingly undemocratic ways
The films sensitively reinterpreted it.
Still an interesting read, I recommend it.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
We,as fans,are all spoiled,in watching our favorite team,and it is generally because society as a whole,insists that winning is everything,and those that do not just win,but win convincingly,deserve some kind of scolding. It is the nature of the beast,today,and the people of the generations spanning the past forty years,to the present day,have had this drilled into them by television,media,etc..
Many of the fans,today,have not grown up,or did not pay attention,to the struggles a program has had,in its' early days.Once success comes at a steady gallop,fans expect it to become the routine,and not the exception.
Therefore,there will always be fans who look for the negative,when it comes to their teams performance,a player's performance,and the coaching staff.
We are very fortunate,to be fans,of a team,that has the best of everything.
We are also fortunate,that in many cases,we draw well respected fans from other boards,to join in to our conversations.
I look forward to the fresh ideas and insights these people bring here,and feel fortunate,that we,as a whole,do not have to read a bashing of anyone,as some other boards seem to find among the daily posts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I get your point, but as Nan says above, it's just not that serious to me personally. It's just a game. I don't get caught up in the negativity. I actually post more on this forum than I do on VN. I get mad and yell at my tv, but then I'm over it. I do hope y'all have happy holidays. We'll see how we play tomorrow at noon. It's on SEC+/WatchESPN. Y'all tune in too if ya can.
I got banned (read-only these days) from VolNation a few days ago because I asked "where is the UConn/OhioState thread, even the Summitt has a thread going!" 2 Top Teams in WCBB isnt up for discussion because one is UConn... come on!

Reaction Score
I got banned (read-only these days) from VolNation a few days ago because I asked "where is the UConn/OhioState thread, even the Summitt has a thread going!" 2 Top Teams in WCBB isnt up for discussion because one is UConn... come on!

There is not a logical reason for a poster to be banned for asking a simple question, and they say the boneyard is quick to ban! DaddyChoc, for the record there are some posters on VolNation that actually don't mind your posts.

Reaction Score
The LV fans are very frustrated these days. In fact, with a little luck, I believe the Lady Vols could be 0-4 going into today. One poster stated recently, that Coach Holly could take the UCONN team and lose to Geno's coached Lady Vols by 20 points. This is the level of frustration.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Vol Nation?
They hate their coach, hate Geno, hate Husky's
Still focusing on Maya.
Can't support their team. Can't support their coach, Can't support their players.
What a cesspool of anger and hate.
Their forum managment is inept and don't even work the board in a timely manner.
Our forum is AWESOME in comparison. If you ever have any criticisms of the Boneyard, hold them until you visit and puruse VolNation Women's BBall. Tennessee will never be a great team until the fans and forum users get it together.
Winning and losing bball games has NOTHING to do with the fan forum. TN fans (like us) are use to winning, and it seems they can't put their finger on the reason they are not. They get talent, they would like to believe the school chose the right coach (debate for another day). They went from being at the very top all the way down to being the 2nd best program ever. With more talent out their, and many more schools closing the gap the idea that ANY team will dominate will become harder. Yes, we still are, but we still have Geno, and no matter what you think of Holly she will never carry the aura of Pat (Geno's successor will have the same issue). TN success is out of the fans hands and for a passionate fan base like theirs 8 years is forever, and I can't blame them for letting some steam off when the team keeps falling short of expectations (not just a title, but where the realistic expectations of the team should be). This year everyone thinks they are a final four contender and they haven't played well, so how would we feel if it were us?

Reaction Score
I logged onto the volnation forum and said that if they started supporting their team they could get alot better.
I was banned by the moderator for life.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There is not a logical reason for a poster to be banned for asking a simple question, and they say the boneyard is quick to ban! DaddyChoc, for the record there are some posters on VolNation that actually don't mind your posts.
yeah some enjoy the back and forth but as a guest I know not to cross the line.

I see they have game threads of other teams (besides Tennessee) so I know others are up for discussion but not UConn, just seems silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom