Vol Nation Forum? | The Boneyard

Vol Nation Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's wrong with Vol Nation?
They hate their coach, hate Geno, hate Husky's
Still focusing on Maya.
Can't support their team. Can't support their coach, Can't support their players.
What a cesspool of anger and hate.
Their forum managment is inept and don't even work the board in a timely manner.
Our forum is AWESOME in comparison. If you ever have any criticisms of the Boneyard, hold them until you visit and puruse VolNation Women's BBall. Tennessee will never be a great team until the fans and forum users get it together.

Reaction Score
Still focusing on Maya.
Can't support their team. Can't support their coach, Can't support their players.
Their forum managment is inept and don't even work the board in a timely manner.
Our forum is AWESOME in comparison. If you ever have any criticisms of the Boneyard, hold them until you visit and puruse VolNation Women's BBall. Tennessee will never be a great team until the fans and forum users get it together.

watanabe, Its Thanksgiving, can't we be nice for at least one day?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
W is not being nasty, just reporting the facts. Anything derogatory said on the BY about LV basketball (and there has been very little lately) is as nothing compared to the way the loyal LV posters over yonder savage their team and their coach. If you don't believe it, go have a look.

Reaction Score
W is not being nasty, just reporting the facts. Anything derogatory said on the BY about LV basketball (and there has been very little lately) is as nothing compared to the way the loyal LV posters over yonder savage their team and their coach. If you don't believe it, go have a look.

I read Vol Nation every day and yes there are posters over there that knock Geno and everything UCONN, but there are also posters that respect Geno and UCONN and point out that the Huskies are light years ahead of Tennessee and should they ever play would beat the vols by fifty. I just thought that for day we as posters could refrain from all negativity.

Reaction Score
Sorry to offend Connboy, after purusing the news this reading about christian beheadings, slaughtering of people in the mideast, refugees facing brutal winters, watching the killings in Chicago etc... I didn't see as a negative. maybe a less than positive.
So sorry. I apologise.
Happy Thanksgiving. peace out bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Still focusing on Maya.
Although there is tons of negativity on Vol Nation, I really do not think that Tenn can't return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together. Message Board users represent only a small fraction of a fan base and sometimes those users are clear trolls. I'm hoping the team isn't letting the tone of a message board get into their minds like that. People have strong opinions and Vol Nation is no different from any other message boards in that case. I'm sure if we were blowing teams out of the water, that board would be singing a whole different tune.

Reaction Score
Sorry to offend Connboy, after purusing the news this reading about christian beheadings, slaughtering of people in the mideast, refugees facing brutal winters, Republicans calling Trump a fascist, watching the killings in Chicago etc... I didn't see as a negative. maybe a less than positive.
So sorry. I apologise.
Happy Thanksgiving. peace out bro.

You did not offend me, just thought I would voice my opinion, and you need not apologise for your opinion.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Although there is tons of negativity on Vol Nation, I really do not think that Tenn can't return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together...

Seriously??? you actually think the team's performance on the floor is influenced by some crappy forum? If you said it depended on no injuries, good coaching, players playing up to expectation etc I could buy it but thinking that a forum has one iota of influence is delusional.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Still focusing on Maya.

One could deduce that the BY isn't very negative because your team is pummeling teams by 40-50 pts every night. I mean, what's there to be negative about? I think if your team had as much talent on paper but was performing as poorly as the LVs right now, your forum would resemble ours more. Besides, plenty of you guys state Holly can't coach and the team is horrendous, so what's the difference? If we were saying otherwise, you guys would surely call us out for being delusional. Some of us are just tired of underperforming and need to vent. If you think that a forum of any team will prevent them from ever reaching greatness, that's one powerful forum. Happy Thanksgiving, BY. Hope y'all get to spend some time with loved ones and eat lots! :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
One could deduce that the BY isn't very negative because your team is pummeling teams by 40-50 pts every night. I mean, what's there to be negative about? I think if your team had as much talent on paper but was performing as poorly as the LVs right now, your forum would resemble ours more.
No, it wouldn't.

Reaction Score
One could deduce that the BY isn't very negative because your team is pummeling teams by 40-50 pts every night. I mean, what's there to be negative about? I think if your team had as much talent on paper but was performing as poorly as the LVs right now, your forum would resemble ours more. Besides, plenty of you guys state Holly can't coach and the team is horrendous, so what's the difference? If we were saying otherwise, you guys would surely call us out for being delusional. Some of us are just tired of underperforming and need to vent. If you think that a forum of any team will prevent them from ever reaching greatness, that's one powerful forum. Happy Thanksgiving, BY. Hope y'all get to spend some time with loved ones and eat lots! :)

One big difference.
If we had a losing team, we will not vent against Holly and Tennessee.
Geno-bashing and Uconn-bashing are the mother's milk that sustains the Volnation.
Few Volnationals have realized that Pat's shortcomings as a coach might have contributed to their decline.b This should have been the major topic of discussion there. Instead, this is a taboo and all we see is hatred against Geno and UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously??? you actually think the team's performance on the floor is influenced by some crappy forum? If you said it depended on no injuries, good coaching, players playing up to expectation etc I could buy it but thinking that a forum has one iota of influence is delusional.

Far be it from me to defend a LV fan on this board but...
Re-read AVF's statement. " I really do not think that Tenn can't return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together."
If he/she had said "I really do not think that Tenn can return to greatness unless the fans and forum users get anything together" (perhaps it should have been used instead of anything), then I would have agreed with you.

Reaction Score
I expect fans to be partisan..... and I understand the frustration TN fans are feeling now..... I hand it to he Vol Nation forum, as it is not vitriolic to the extent of The Summit..... Most VN members are true fans, and love WCBB..... I am Husky in national flag blue, but can well understand TN fan frustration.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Y'all must miss the posters on there who admit that UCONN is the cream of the crop and state their respect for Geno and the program. Yes, there's the Vol fans that state otherwise but those are not as frequent as you guys think and usually come from the same handful of posters.

Reaction Score
No, it wouldn't.

I agree with you but would it be because of the mods preventing it or our because fans, some fans anyway, not wanting to post in a similar manner ?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I agree with you but would it be because of the mods preventing it or our because fans, some fans anyway, not wanting to post in a similar manner ?
I don't care, really.

Some fans - of any team - forget they're talking about a game, two groups of young women trying to throw a ball through a hoop. Sometimes mods only need to remind folks to keep perspective in order to maintain civility. UConn fans wandered in the desert for a couple years after Diana graduated and there were issues here for a while but those folks came around. It was humor that made that stretch bearable.

Reaction Score
Y'all must miss the posters on there who admit that UCONN is the cream of the crop and state their respect for Geno and the program. Yes, there's the Vol fans that state otherwise but those are not as frequent as you guys think and usually come from the same handful of posters.

While I agree with you that the vast majority of vile anti UConn posts come from the same core of posters on VolNation, the problem is that they are rarely if ever objected to by the majority of LV fans.. If the mods allow it and no one objects then that tacit consent contaminates the entire board.
In situations where people need to act but equivocate instead, I apply the following, "If not me,who ? If not now, when?

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
While I agree with you that the vast majority of vile anti UConn posts come from the same core of posters on VolNation, the problem is that they are rarely if ever objected to by the majority of LV fans.. If the mods allow it and no one objects then that tacit consent contaminates the entire board.
In situations where people need to act but equivocate instead, I apply the following, "If not me,who ? If not now, when?

I get your point, but as Nan says above, it's just not that serious to me personally. It's just a game. I don't get caught up in the negativity. I actually post more on this forum than I do on VN. I get mad and yell at my tv, but then I'm over it. I do hope y'all have happy holidays. We'll see how we play tomorrow at noon. It's on SEC+/WatchESPN. Y'all tune in too if ya can.

Reaction Score
Besides, plenty of you guys state Holly can't coach and the team is horrendous, so what's the difference? :)

Volnationals will not be able to see that there is an ocean of difference.

We have criticized not only Holly but also Pat and occasionally Geno. But have we always expressed our respect for Holly (and Pat) both as a person and as a coach. We did not spew hatred against them. If somebody did, moderators removed the offensive post. This is the rule here although I apologize for some exceptions that might have been overlooked.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Both.

Reaction Score
I get your point, but as Nan says above, it's just not that serious to me personally. It's just a game. I don't get caught up in the negativity. I actually post more on this forum than I do on VN. I get mad and yell at my tv, but then I'm over it. I do hope y'all have happy holidays. We'll see how we play tomorrow at noon. It's on SEC+/WatchESPN. Y'all tune in too if ya can.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Reaction Score
I go to Volnation periodically and a theme that raises its ugly head too often is calling Geno a cheat and and then commenting on how UCONN set up Maya's mother with a house and a purse business. This is then followed by a tribute to Pat, stating that she ran a perfect program and never did anything that even smelled of a NCAA violation. All of this is to explain why UCONN has been great. I want fans to be rabid in their support of their team but spewing venom and lies lowers the discussion below civil. Why their mods don't call out this kind of posting tells me they condone it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom