Villanova=lower level G5? | The Boneyard

Villanova=lower level G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just curious what others think. Personally, I believe that Villanova can currently compete with the lower level "G-5" group. Am I being Pollyannic? I tend to be overly optimistic. (not quite to the level of some of my brethren who predict 13-0 records ;)) In addition, I am an expert in football since I coach at the Pee-Wee level. I was amazed at the difference in the talent level displayed on the field for UConn. It was very noticeable on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball. Our deficiencies are correctable. I see us trending upward. I think we have moved from sell immediately to cautiously follow and buy after two more games.

I honestly can see 6 wins this year and a double digit win against Army.
Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Last year's Nova team would have finished near .500 in the Sun Belt, WAC, MAC and AAC. Tough to say for this year's team, since they lost the 3 OL and their best receiver.

Reaction Score
Their problem would come trying to stay competitive through 12 games as injuries took their toll. But last nights team if it stayed healthy could compete. Not only at the lower level of the G5 but with the Purdues Wakes and such too

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If they had 1A resources they would be bottom half 1A competitive. Interesting that they toyed with the idea of moving up and ultimately decided against it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
No opinion as of now but I will follow the rest of their season with great interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom