Video: UConn women send congratulations to the men | The Boneyard

Video: UConn women send congratulations to the men

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That was cute. I'm sure the guys appreciate it...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I really like Geno and I really like Jim Calhoun but it is no secret that these two Alpha Dogs didn't hit it off.
There is no law that says the men's and women's coaches have to have a warm and fuzzy relationship but I admit I'm delighted
to see that Geno and Kevin Ollie seem to have a great relationship. My impression has always been that JC got along well with the women players
and that Geno's Philly sense of humor was a huge hit with the guys but the genuine fondness of our current number ones has to be a plus going forward.

I hope this stunning [to me] run by the men puts a rising star coach appellation on KO....with more in-home visits with elite players the result.

BTW: Jeff Jacobs in the Courant tags KO with the moniker 'human flashlight'...always positive even in dark times....very cool.
Of course Geno calls him Johnny Appleseed for his frequent mentions of planting seeds in gardens...including Madison Square!

Reaction Score
If so I think the alphas did a pretty good job of keeping it under the radar.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
OK. Let's pretend. Just for a fantasy moment.

I am a 5-star hs bb player, blue-chipper, hot-shot, being recruited relentlessly by all the big name powers.

I visit UConn. I see that dumpy arena (Gampel) as a veritable shrine to excellence superiority. The banners, eleven (and counting) in all. They take me next door to see an incomparable structure, with equal top-of-the-line facilities for men and women's teams, er, programs. I see the mutual repect and admiration of the two coaches, both dedicated to winning bb championships and academic achievement. They leave no doubt but that they are not in the business of merely going to the NCAA dance, or advancing to Elite Eight or Final Four. These fellows are dead set on winning NC's, nothing less.

[I didn't say if I am male or female.]

And I am very damned impressed.

This, or a reasonable facsimile, is what will confront current and future bb recruits. Geno and Kevin won't get all of them, that's not possible. But you can count on them getting enough of the right ones to assure the faithful of many more weeks in March like we are experiencing right now.

Go Huskies!

Last edited:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Granted, the women's program is at the top and needs no outside assistance. Make no mistake though. What happened yesterday, with a coach not named Calhoun nor Auriemma, is what decisively attaches the Blue Blood moniker to UConn, along with the benefits that will bring.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is getting a lot of free advertising on TV. The longer the men
stay in this tournament the more free advertising they will get. The same
goes for the women. Go Huskies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads