Video: Duquesne PLayers Press Conference - Today | The Boneyard

Video: Duquesne PLayers Press Conference - Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Doubt Dan Burt stays at Duquesne much longer unless he wants to. Impressive sounding coach with inroads to get Top European players

He's right if you break UConn's press you have to attack the basket. Don't let UConn set their defense against in a half court set.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duquesne in their 33 games have shot 610 3 point shots making 167. That's 18.4 three point shots attempts per game making around 5-6 per game. Their season shooting percentage for 3 points shots is 27.4% Thought it would be higher since he said he recruits players that shoot 3 point shots.

Duquesne Stats: http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/teamcume.html

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Just wish NCAA and schools would provide microphones to reporters asking questions.

A couple of observations after viewing this clip -

1. If "body language" means anything, the 3 players appeared to be nervous, and really not happy about being there. They all said the right things, but it didn't look as though their hearts were in it, or they really believed what they were saying. Their body language was saying "I hope we can" instead of "we will".

2. Boy are they in for a surprise. As others have stated before, UConn is bigger and faster in person that they appear on film. You really can't appreciate how big and fast they are unless you're on the floor with them. i.e, Tuck is 6'2". She does not look that tall on TV.

3. Duquesne has a plan. Everybody has a plan until they get hit ~ Mike Tyson. Duquesne has never seen or experienced anything like they are going to see tomorrow night. They're going to find out real quick why other teams have such a hard time scoring against them. I won't make any predictions about how long it will take UConn to cement the game away, but cement it they will. My guess is by the end of the 3rd quarter.

4. I agree with your observation Wbbfan1, to provide microphones for the media. The panelists' answers would be much more meaningful if we could hear the context of the question. I personally wish it would become SOP for ALL news media conferences to provide several handheld mics about the room for the media's use. In the rare instances where we've seen pressers that did this, it was more enjoyable, and it felt like we were there. Otherwise, you're only hearing 1 side of the conversation. :mad:

Tip in: My son's middle name is Duquesne.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Impressive guy
Seems like a lot of talented and knowledgeable coaches in the mid-majors
Got to clean up some of the cobwebs in the top-50 and bring in some of this expertise.

Reaction Score
Doubt Dan Burt stays at Duquesne much longer unless he wants to. Impressive sounding coach with inroads to get Top European players

He's right if you break UConn's press you have to attack the basket. Don't let UConn set their defense against in a half court set.

"Bully"?

"Dominate your will"?

"Crush your spirit"?

"If you're calm, every zoo is a petting zoo"?

Huh? The guy sounds like he's got a lot of hot air in there. I liked his neighbor from Robert Morris better....

Reaction Score
3. Duquesne has a plan. Everybody has a plan until they get hit ~ Mike Tyson. Duquesne has never seen or experienced anything like they are going to see tomorrow night. They're going to find out real quick why other teams have such a hard time scoring against them. I won't make any predictions about how long it will take UConn to cement the game away, but cement it they will. My guess is by the end of the 3rd quarter.

4. I agree with your observation Wbbfan1, to provide microphones for the media. The panelists' answers would be much more meaningful if we could hear the context of the question. I personally wish it would become SOP for ALL news media conferences to provide several handheld mics about the room for the media's use. In the rare instances where we've seen pressers that did this, it was more enjoyable, and it felt like we were there. Otherwise, you're only hearing 1 side of the conversation. :mad:

Tip in: My son's middle name is Duquesne.
My guess is by the end of the 3rd minute.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
msf22b - so right!
I would also say that in some ways they have it easier than P5 coaches because while they do not usually get the talent, they get the 'ballers' the ones that just love playing the game and will run through a wall for the privilege of playing on a team.
And lets not get too cocky - that is a team that beat the team that beat DePaul by 9 - and they did it by 21 points, blowing their socks off. The other 8-9 match-ups were all decided in the 4th Q

Not saying Uconn will not roll, but lets respect the game and the opponent just a bit.

Reaction Score
msf22b - so right!
I would also say that in some ways they have it easier than P5 coaches because while they do not usually get the talent, they get the 'ballers' the ones that just love playing the game and will run through a wall for the privilege of playing on a team.
And lets not get too cocky - that is a team that beat the team that beat DePaul by 9 - and they did it by 21 points, blowing their socks off. The other 8-9 match-ups were all decided in the 4th Q

Not saying Uconn will not roll, but lets respect the game and the opponent just a bit.
Good post UcMiami!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Duquesne in their 33 games have shot 610 3 point shots making 167. That's 18.4 three point shots attempts per game making around 5-6 per game. Their season shooting percentage for 3 points shots is 27.4% Thought it would be higher since he said he recruits players that shoot 3 point shots.

Duquesne Stats: http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/teamcume.html
Well in his defense if he said he recruits players that SHOOT the three, not necessarily make the three he certainly did not lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom