Video : Dawn Putting SC on the Map | The Boneyard

Video : Dawn Putting SC on the Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope Dawn can keep it up, although i'm not anywhere near sold on Aja Wilson. If ever UCONN does pass on the proverbial torch, i hope its to Dawn and not Muffet. Will always dislike ND and Muffet for not cheering for Stewie in the NPOY award ceremony last year. Dawn is forthright and gives respect and credit to where its due-UCONN!

Reaction Score
Staley and McGraw are both good couches. As far as personalities, Dawn comes out on top and McGraw would be a distant third. (No, I didn't mean to say second.)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IMHO the problem with SC is that their 2 best shots at a NC are this year and next year. This year they graduate Gaines, Ibiam and Welch. Next year they graduate Mitchell, Sessions, Roy and Dozier.

Their 2015 recruiting class consists of 1 kid outside the top 100 and i'm not sure their 2016 class will contain any top 25 kids. Sure the core of Coates, White, Wilson and Cuevas is really good (plus Farmer, Davis, and the lone kid from 2015), probably a top 5 team, it is light years behind Tuck, Chong, Nurse, Williams, Butler, Collier, Boykin, Samuelson, Dangerfield, and then Irwin and Ekmark.

IF SC really lands no one of note in 2016, then she needs a blockbuster class in 2017 for A'ja's senior year. She's done a great job of keeping top SC talent from leaving the state, but she needs to be able to recruit nationally.

Reaction Score
Hope Dawn can keep it up, although i'm not anywhere near sold on Aja Wilson. If ever UCONN does pass on the proverbial torch, i hope its to Dawn and not Muffet. Will always dislike ND and Muffet for not cheering for Stewie in the NPOY award ceremony last year. Dawn is forthright and gives respect and credit to where its due-UCONN!
Exactly!! I was there to see it and thought that was absolutely classless and set a poor example for her players. How could someone who professes to be a leader of young adults ever conduct themselves that way? What a sad display of poor sportsmanship. I was never a ND fan and that cemented it. You'd never ever see Geno or his staff conduct themselves that way.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
IMHO the problem with SC is that their 2 best shots at a NC are this year and next year. This year they graduate Gaines, Ibiam and Welch. Next year they graduate Mitchell, Sessions, Roy and Dozier.

Their 2015 recruiting class consists of 1 kid outside the top 100 and i'm not sure their 2016 class will contain any top 25 kids. Sure the core of Coates, White, Wilson and Cuevas is really good (plus Farmer, Davis, and the lone kid from 2015), probably a top 5 team, it is light years behind Tuck, Chong, Nurse, Williams, Butler, Collier, Boykin, Samuelson, Dangerfield, and then Irwin and Ekmark.

IF SC really lands no one of note in 2016, then she needs a blockbuster class in 2017 for A'ja's senior year. She's done a great job of keeping top SC talent from leaving the state, but she needs to be able to recruit nationally.

We'll actually have 2 freshmen next year because Doniyah Cliney redshirted this year. The other freshmen next year is the number one point guard out of Canada, so I don't know that it's fair to say Shay Colley is "out of the top 100" when Canadian players really aren't studied much by ESPN, etc.

Reaction Score
Love Dawn!! Our favorite team cannot (and will not) remain all alone forever on the mountaintop. Would love to see her get there someday, and to do it at this school where the women's game was not previous;y on the map...and, do it with her characteristic "attitude." Bet Duke officials ardently wish they'd hired her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom