SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Likely 8 open schollies for 2016. Makes Larrier look a lot more appealing IMO, although I don't expect that to happen.

Ideally we'd get 6 commits at least for 2016. That seems far fetched though.

Reaction Score
From looking at Verbalcommits, seems as tho VJ King has to know that Deng Adel is ahead of him at Louisville and that at Zona, they have Ray Smith.

Virginia and UConn are in the same boat however. They have no SFs within 2 years of VJ King.

If Daniel Hamilton stayed for his junior year, only then would King have someone ahead of him at UConn.

I'd have to think that this is a factor in favor of UConn for King.

No?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
From looking at Verbalcommits, seems as tho VJ King has to know that Deng Adel is ahead of him at Louisville and that at Zona, they have Ray Smith.

Virginia and UConn are in the same boat however. They have no SFs within 2 years of VJ King.

If Daniel Hamilton stayed for his junior year, only then would King have someone ahead of him at UConn.

I'd have to think that this is a factor in favor of UConn for King.

No?
A guy like VJ King is going to get minutes anywhere he goes. He and D-Ham can play together if D-Ham stays. He could play with Adel and Ray Smith too. I do like the position we're in with him though. Anyone hearing a decision timeline from King?

Reaction Score
A guy like VJ King is going to get minutes anywhere he goes. He and D-Ham can play together if D-Ham stays. He could play with Adel and Ray Smith too. I do like the position we're in with him though. Anyone hearing a decision timeline from King?

How many minutes? He's a slight 6-7 wing like Adel.

If Adel gets 25, how many does King get?

Reaction Score
OMG! In 19-20 we will have no players!!
A clear failure on the part of our recruiters. Really gives the lie to the idea that we don't get commits because they are "afraid" of competition. Who are they competing against! I know chairs proved tough for Ater Majok, but I don't think we're going to be able to field a team of them.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kid's enjoying his Louisville visit:

caw

Reaction Score
so when's his next official? I just want to let the 247 guys know when to update their picks.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The Ali museum is pretty awesome. Just saying.

caw

Reaction Score
I think ville is the team to beat

Every day that passes without him committing has to be a good thing for any team not named UL. He may still go there but t least it appears the window is still a bit open for the other four teams. Hope he makes it to UConn at the end of the month.

Reaction Score
Every day that passes without him committing has to be a good thing for any team not named UL. He may still go there but t least it appears the window is still a bit open for the other four teams. Hope he makes it to UConn at the end of the month.
I agree 10000%

Reaction Score
Word I heard from a tos reporter is that he was very close to committing and still easy could.

We need to get him on campus
Sounds a lot like Gilbert and UConn.

caw

Reaction Score
Sounds a lot like Gilbert and UConn.

Yep, though for different reasons. Gilbert is/was a late riser so he started getting a lot more attention after he blew up at the start of AAU. King has always had a lot of attention. UConns biggest comp for both is also likely UL. I want both but I wouldn't mind splitting with UL like UConn did with Adams and Mitchell.

King making it back on campus (this time) for an OV would be huge, but UL is still the favorite unless UConn can blow him away. The inverse is true for Gilbert. I haven't heard of Gilbert setting any visits to his other top schools yet, but I'd be surprised at this point if he didn't visit somewhere and that school will have to blow him away.

Reaction Score
Yep, though for different reasons. Gilbert is/was a late riser so he started getting a lot more attention after he blew up at the start of AAU. King has always had a lot of attention. UConns biggest comp for both is also likely UL. I want both but I wouldn't mind splitting with UL like UConn did with Adams and Mitchell.

King making it back on campus (this time) for an OV would be huge, but UL is still the favorite unless UConn can blow him away. The inverse is true for Gilbert. I haven't heard of Gilbert setting any visits to his other top schools yet, but I'd be surprised at this point if he didn't visit somewhere and that school will have to blow him away.
That seems to be the case, which is why I'm hoping Fultz commits to Louisville soon.

As for SFs, it sounds like UConn has its sights set on King and Larrier.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
That seems to be the case, which is why I'm hoping Fultz commits to Louisville soon.

As for SFs, it sounds like UConn has its sights set on King and Larrier.
I really wish we were going after Kegler too. I like his game, he could be the 3/4 combo we've missed since DeAndre left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom