SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The "good" thing about recruiting against Kentucky is that if it's merely a top-25 player, there's a great chance they're going to go in another direction.

caw

Reaction Score
You can say all you want about people's "meaningless" predictions, but I make my judgements on trends. And the trend as of the last 5 years or so has been that we have no shot against the names we are going up against in his Top 5. No, the sky is not falling, but this kid seems like he likes and respects Ollie, but has other things in mind.

Yes, on his mind is "I'm a top 25 player and I want to see top programs."

For the Crystal Ball worriers, I'm shocked UL is trending also, then I realized they have his next visit.

Reaction Score
Yes, on his mind is "I'm a top 25 player and I want to see top programs."

For the Crystal Ball worriers, I'm shocked UL is trending also, then I realized they have his next visit.

The crystal ball thing is really incredibly dumb. King's two leaders are listed as Louisville and Ohio State. The same Ohio State that didn't make his final five and aren't listed under schools recruiting him.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'd rather have Kegler, although Kegler got one Florida and one Miss St. pick yesterday too.

Multiple reports have said King basically doesn't play defense. That doesn't fly, ask Omar.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have Kegler, although Kegler got one Florida and one Miss St. pick yesterday too.

Multiple reports have said King basically doesn't play defense. That doesn't fly, ask Omar.

It's hilarious that one guy on the Crystal Ball picked Florida for him literally the same day that Donovan left for OKC.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe this is why we aren't recruiting brown very hard.... King is better.

Reaction Score
in college they're both wing guard type players

Sure, one plays the 2 and the other plays the 3, which are often interchangeable. But they aren't the same size and do not play anything alike. There is no chance the staff would stop recruiting Brown because of King, especially with the amount of open spots.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Sure, one plays the 2 and the other plays the 3, which are often interchangeable. But they aren't the same size and do not play anything alike. There is no chance the staff would stop recruiting Brown because of King, especially with the amount of open spots.
This, we are going to have at least 4 scholarships open for 2016 even up to 7 which is a lot they aren't going to stop recruiting players who play the same/similar position. 2016 is a huge recruiting year for the program like many others have mentioned.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
One thing I think we have going for us over Louisville is that we can likely offer him a starting spot right away.

At UL he'd be behind Deng Adel, who is very good but not a one and done. Hamilton is likely gone after this year, leaving a huge chunk of playing time open at the 3 for King. With his shooting stroke and 7'0 wingspan, King is likely a one year college player.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This, we are going to have at least 4 scholarships open for 2016 even up to 7 which is a lot they aren't going to stop recruiting players who play the same/similar position. 2016 is a huge recruiting year for the program like many others have mentioned.

Battle, Alkin, Gilbert

Reaction Score
Definitely 6 scholarships if we only add Gibbs for next year. Currently have 3 scholarships open with 3 seniors graduating.

Scholarships grid for anyone interested:
CEf_c4kWoAAvNon.png:large

Reaction Score
Thanks TCF. I knew we had some scholarships to give but didn't realize we have at least 6 assuming no one leaves early. It goes without saying that this is by far the most important recruiting class in a long time..

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
tcf, could you lay out, at this moment in time, those recruits we have interest in/offered for 16 & 17?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34