SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like he played for team takeover. King had 24 pts and ten boards in their game today.

Reaction Score
I have to think that Zona and Kentucky are the favorites. UVA seems the totally wrong fit for him, but I think he's just keeping a hometown school on there to be nice. I don't think we'll be a real factor here, nor will Louisville, but you never really know.

Reaction Score
I have to think that Zona and Kentucky are the favorites. UVA seems the totally wrong fit for him, but I think he's just keeping a hometown school on there to be nice. I don't think we'll be a real factor here, nor will Louisville, but you never really know.
Based on?

I actually think UConn has a shot here.

Reaction Score
It seems like he's always spoken highly of KO and our program plus he was here for First Night, i for sure think we'll be a factor.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Funny to see Louisville getting a bunch of heat in the crystal ball. Hopefully they're dead wrong (as they often are).

Reaction Score
Funny to see Louisville getting a bunch of heat in the crystal ball. Hopefully they're dead wrong (as they often are).
Because of Kenny Johnson:

King plays for Team Takeover, a Nike-sponsored AAU program Kenny Johnson served as a director for six years. King also attends the same high school, Paul IV, where Johnson was associate head coach before entering the college ranks in 2011.

“We talk a lot,” King said. “He came to a lot of my high school games and used to coach on the staff at my school. He gives me insight what I need to do to help my team and when we talk it’s not always about basketball. I have a good relationship with him.”

Reaction Score
Because of Kenny Johnson:

King plays for Team Takeover, a Nike-sponsored AAU program Kenny Johnson served as a director for six years. King also attends the same high school, Paul IV, where Johnson was associate head coach before entering the college ranks in 2011.

“We talk a lot,” King said. “He came to a lot of my high school games and used to coach on the staff at my school. He gives me insight what I need to do to help my team and when we talk it’s not always about basketball. I have a good relationship with him.”

I know I missed something. Isnt Ville an Adidas school?

Reaction Score

Tough crystal ballin day for us. King, Kegler, Samuel JM & Mack all drawing other schools.

Reaction Score
Tough crystal ballin day for us. King, Kegler, Samuel JM & Mack all drawing other schools.
I know it's hard not to, but i don't put any trust in the crystal ball anymore unless its atleast 5 in a row for a player.

Reaction Score

don't understand why anyone is still heavily invested in that, I just took a quick look after your post and I see a recent Georgetown pick for King when they're not even in his top 5, and a UF pick for Kegler today when they don't even have a head coach. Also, its been stated a bunch of times that UConn isn't even recruiting Mack so who cares.

Reaction Score
On what evidence? Pure guessery?

Not that anyone really knows anything when it comes to recruiting (except for The Bruce of course) including "experts" for recruiting sites, but it is a little annoying how often posters say they love our chances with a kid or think we have no shot.

Some posters (tcf, 3, 99) are clearly more plugged into the recruiting scene and others seem to have some inside info (zionn), but it's impossible to distinguish when people are making complete and utter guesses or they actually have at least somewhat of a feel for a particular recruitment and where we stand.

I try to ignore most of it anyways but these threads get filled with predictions that you have absolutely no clue about the merit to.

Edit: I purposely left chief off the insider designation for obvious reasons...

Reaction Score

don't understand why anyone is still heavily invested in that, I just took a quick look after your post and I see a recent Georgetown pick for King when they're not even in his top 5, and a UF pick for Kegler today when they don't even have a head coach. Also, its been stated a bunch of times that UConn isn't even recruiting Mack so who cares.

Its all some of us got to go on man. Let us be. We've discussed the validity of it ad nauseum on here, yeah we get that its still throwing a dart at a board, but to say its not resourceful on a global level is asinine. I'm not in the know enough to know Ollie doesn't want Mack anymore, and for you to draw that conclusion that he's definitively not coming here seems just as far a reach as saying King is going to Georgetown. See Deandre Daniels. Also, its probably just as accurate / subjective as the rankings, but they still provide a good guideline.

Reaction Score
Not that anyone really knows anything when it comes to recruiting (except for The Bruce of course) including "experts" for recruiting sites, but it is a little annoying how often posters say they love our chances with a kid or think we have no shot.

Some posters (tcf, 3, 99) are clearly more plugged into the recruiting scene and others seem to have some inside info (zionn), but it's impossible to distinguish when people are making complete and utter guesses or they actually have at least somewhat of a feel for a particular recruitment and where we stand.

I try to ignore most of it anyways but these threads get filled with predictions that you have absolutely no clue about the merit to.

Edit: I purposely left chief off the insider designation for obvious reasons...
I pretty much only put stock in information from the posters you mention. Also annoyed by the "I see X going to X" baseless assertions that some people like to make. If anything all of the evidence points to the kid not going to UK.

Reaction Score

He talks to Calipari once or twice per week. You don't talk to a coach multiple times per week if you weren't favoring one school. Trust me.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You can say all you want about people's "meaningless" predictions, but I make my judgements on trends. And the trend as of the last 5 years or so has been that we have no shot against the names we are going up against in his Top 5. No, the sky is not falling, but this kid seems like he likes and respects Ollie, but has other things in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom