SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Overconfidence is the issue. I don't care how big some egos are here, just because we're UCONN doesn't mean we can get away with sending one assistant to make a kid feel wanted.
but apparently every kid should be begging to come here, we have a NC and vcu doesnt...:rolleyes: /s

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Come on, we're UCONN! We need to grab up every single burger boy to keep up with the Joneses (Kentucky)! *mumble mumble* Stone *mumble mumble* Newman...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Have to admit I will no longer read these threads.

You have to be in complete denial (I tried to be) to not be worried about Uconn closing on talented players. Somehow, whether it's our staff or the negative recruiting (or both) we have suddenly become mid major in this world.

Reaction Score
Karl Hobbs needs to go down to Dicks, buy a tent and pitch it outside this kids house and not leave until we get a commitment.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

You have to be in complete denial (I tried to be) to not be worried about Uconn closing on talented players. Somehow, whether it's our staff or the negative recruiting (or both) we have suddenly become mid major in this world.
You realize that we have a consensus top 20 class at this time in the cycle for the first time this decade? And that the last two classes have had a McDonald's AA, two borderline 5-stars that we beat the likes of Arizona, UCLA, Kansas and Louisville for, and a 4-star local big?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Karl Hobbs needs to go down to Dicks, buy a tent and pitch it outside this kids house and not leave until we get a commitment.
Multiple reports say he's instead attempting to slide into Carter's DMs

Reaction Score

I can barely stand these threads either because while half of the posters are (allegedly delusionally) not worried, the other half are going crazy over a few years of recruiting failures during a period of time that was designed to have recruiting made difficult.

And it's like the bold where some of you just have to take it. What mid-major is getting the likes of Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, and Jalen Adams over the last 2 years.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I can barely stand these threads either because while half of the posters are (allegedly delusionally) not worried, the other half are going crazy over a few years of recruiting failures during a period of time that was designed to have recruiting made difficult.

And it's like the bold where some of you just have to take it. What mid-major is getting the likes of Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton, and Jalen Adams over the last 2 years.
Or won a nc? Or has the ooc schedule we have every year?

Reaction Score
I've been following recruiting a long time, as many others have I am sure. I do realize the APR set us back and I have mentioned that for a couple years now. I do believe (hope) we will have a better 2016 class than we have now. However, when you are in the situation we are as defending NC's, PG - U and the "family atmosphere" how can we keep losing to VCU, UNLV, Marquette, Vandy and others? I mean I don't find it hard to believe we could lose a few to these people and early on I was with everyone to please calm down. I tried not to listen to Fishy or Zionn early on thinking they were just a bit pessimistic. But now I really do believe there is something missing. There's no doubt I'm happy as hell to have Jalen Adams coming in and don't feel the NE thing is the only reason. Also Enoch although he was a huge fan all of his life. Like it or not we need more talent and better players or we are mediocre again next year. If we are only a 17-18 win team again the negative recruiting is going to be all over the place and tough to overcome. It's real guys and gals, it's real we need a magician to appear and pull a rabbit out of his a** I'm afraid.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think we are missing a number one recruiter who can woo a player and his family. Everything else is in place, but that.

Reaction Score
The thing people are failing to see is that one or two players make all the difference. Boat and a freshman DHam weren't enough. However, maybe a freshman Adams, along with A soph Hamilton will be. It is a chemistry issue. You need parts that work together. These parts weren't a great fit but next year, the formula will change.

I'm really not particularly worried. I think we have some horses. We just need a PG that can contribute something and a wing to help open things up and maybe more importantly, to take Hamilton's place if he is two and done. I am looking for a commitment from Brown, a serviceable point guard and some improvement from Brimah, Cassell, Facey, Lubin and Purvis. I am thinking Calhoun just isn't there physically anymore and never will be. If he can be his freshman self, it would be a big help. Just can't figure out why he seems so limited still.

If you need any proof of how crazy chemistry can be in determining the success of a team, think of 2011. We were left for dead by the media and frankly, by most of the fans, including me. Nonetheless, I tuned in to Maui to watch us paste UK. I never saw it coming and neither did you. It was the change in chemistry that made that team good rather than the steaming pile it was supposed to be. Now you can say, "well that was because of Kemba" but Kemba wasn't Kemba in 2010. Things change. We've got at least two game changing guys in Brimah and Hamilton. If they improve and get stronger and they click with Adams, we could be very good again. Yes, we need more players but the truth is, this class is one good player away from being a hell of a class and I'm pretty sure we will get Brown. I think the word that he is trying to reclassify bodes very well for us. He is being told we need him and wants the job. Same thing that happened with Bazz.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Where is he? Is that Ollie's office or something? The Lebron jersey on the wall confuses me but Ollie having played with and mentored Lebron in Cleveland makes me really hope it is Ollie's office.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This pleases me.
If the kid comes because of this than those who dismissed Ray Ray as a recruiter will have to eat crow!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So i think the picture is taken somewhere at a UConn facility, if you look at the picture on the wall to the left of VJ, I see a distinct old Husky dog logo shaped head at the corner of the photos frame

Reaction Score
If the kid comes because of this than those who dismissed Ray Ray as a recruiter will have to eat crow!

I never dismissed Ray as a recruiter, I merely said we don't need another former UConn player on the staff. I also said if one former player (i.e. Ray) is better than another (i.e. Ricky, for argument's sake) at recruiting is a different issue.

That being said, I have no issue with using UConn assets to our advantage with recruiting, especially when recruits and UConn Greats are at the same place at the same time (like at First Night). But I stick to my guns when I say I prefer hiring an AAU coach to come in to recruit over another former Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom