USF WBB | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Big game tonight: #17/19 USF @ #4/#5 Baylor.

No major TV.

Baylor has the game only on "premium."

USF has some radio coverage:

USF W. Basketball Retweeted
Jim Louk ‏@USFjimlouk 3h3 hours ago
Radio tonight: @USFMBB vs. George Washington on AM 820. @USFWBB vs. Baylor on AM 1040. Both games streamed on http://GoUSFBulls.com.

Well, this is a golden opportunity early in the season for USF to make a statement.

Even a close loss @Baylor would be considered significant by the pundits and could be a spring board to victories against some other lesser ranked teams this season.

Interestingly, USF has only played Baylor onece and lost 72-70, at home in 1998.

Reaction Score
Big game tonight: #17/19 USF @ #4/#5 Baylor.

No major TV.

Baylor has the game only on "premium."

USF has some radio coverage:

USF W. Basketball Retweeted
Jim Louk ‏@USFjimlouk 3h3 hours ago
Radio tonight: @USFMBB vs. George Washington on AM 820. @USFWBB vs. Baylor on AM 1040. Both games streamed on http://GoUSFBulls.com.

Well, this is a golden opportunity early in the season for USF to make a statement.

Even a close loss @Baylor would be considered significant by the pundits and could be a spring board to victories against some other lesser ranked teams this season.

Interestingly, USF has only played Baylor onece and lost 72-70, at home in 1998.
Since USF has all their starters from last year back, they should be further along at this point than Baylor (similar to UCONN). Maybe they could run up a big lead before Baylor figures it out, then hang on - who knows?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Since USF has all their starters from last year back, they should be further along at this point than Baylor (similar to UCONN). Maybe they could run up a big lead before Baylor figures it out, then hang on - who knows?

My thoughts exactly.

In just about every game USF lost last season, they started out very slow. That was especially true early in the season against Maryland, in all three UCONN games and against Louisville in the round if 32. In all those games, USF played exceptionally well in the 2nd half, but couldn't overcome the early deficits.

Baylor, started off very slow against Southern Miss and in fact were behind at the end of the first period. USF needs to come out of the gate quickly and keep their foot on the pedal for the entire game. Of course, that's easier said than done, for every team not named UCONN. LOL

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Preseason NIT aren't televised correct?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF started off slow again (9 point differential in 1st period) and that was the difference in the game which we lost 66-63.

USF made a respectable showing and shouldn't drop in the polls.

USF could not overcome the height disparity.

Thankfully, USF is bringing in some bigs next year, including 6'3 Jazz Bond the teammate of Crystal Dangerfield.

As bad as Courtney played for the first half, she still ended up with 20+ points.

I think this game will have a positive outcome, in that it will make USF even hungrier when we face some of the other upcoming ranked teams on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Hey - 3-point loss against the #5 team in the country. Would have gone to OT if USF had made their last-second 3-point shot. Great showing for the AAC!

Reaction Score
When Williams and Jenkins graduate after this year, they will not be nearly the same team. They may still be good;however, I don't see any of their recruits making up for the loss of two outstanding players.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Tough game to lose. But it could be the lesson needed to reach big achievements this season. Sort of like our loss to Stanford last year. Don't think it will hurt you in the polls. May even help a little.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
We added another international star in Enna Pehadzic from Denmark. She averaged almost 18 points on her national team this summer.

PPG
RPG
APG

She should have an immediate impact next year.

By ennapehadzic
Enna Pehadzic #9
Officially I am a part of the bulls family! #gobulls

No one person can replace Courtney. So, each player will have to take on more responsibility. Those who do, will make the starting lineup. I have faith that Jose can put together a most effective team with the talent he will have here in short order.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF has not yet issued a release on the four players who signed in the early period. those players are between 6-2-6-4 and will give USF some much needed height.

Jazz Bond 6'3 is the star of this class.

Hoop Town ‏@TNTeamPride Nov 13
Congrats to 2016 TTP Black- Forward Jazz Bond for signing her NLI w/ Univ. of South Florida. @Jazzy_fizzlee3

As I mentioned in another thread, her teammate Crystal Dangerfield #1 PG is a UCONN signee.

In their first game of the season, Crystal scored 34 points and Jazz had 14 points and 14 rebounds. So, I think that Jazz could be an adequate replacement for Alisha:

"South Florida signee Jazz Bond added a double-double (14 points, 14 rebounds) as the Lady Blaze made first-year coach Jessica Jackson's debut a success."

Tamara Henshaw is listed at 6'2.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
USF has not yet issued a release on the four players who signed in the early period. those players are between 6-2-6-4 and will give USF some much needed height.

Jazz Bond 6'3 is the star of this class.

Hoop Town ‏@TNTeamPride Nov 13
Congrats to 2016 TTP Black- Forward Jazz Bond for signing her NLI w/ Univ. of South Florida. @Jazzy_fizzlee3

As I mentioned in another thread, her teammate Crystal Dangerfield #1 PG is a UCONN signee.

In their first game of the season, Crystal scored 34 points and Jazz had 14 points and 14 rebounds. So, I think that Jazz could be an adequate replacement for Alisha:

"South Florida signee Jazz Bond added a double-double (14 points, 14 rebounds) as the Lady Blaze made first-year coach Jessica Jackson's debut a success."

Tamara Henshaw is listed at 6'2.

Bond . . . Jazz Bond . . .

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think Jose is one of the few really good coaches. He always seams to get the most out of his team's. USF is always dangerous!!! They are one of the teams I root for!
I hear you. I find him easy to like and his team easy to root for. There's an underdog aspect to the latter.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Shae Leverett, is 6'4:

What a beautiful young woman. She looks like a super kid with that great smile!
Good for Jose- seam like he's going to have good size to go with the talent!!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
What a beautiful young woman. She looks like a super kid with that great smile!
Good for Jose- seam like he's going to have good size to go with the talent!!!

She is beautiful and talented.

Here's a link to a highlight film of her some time ago.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Sorry the Bulls will not be playing at home when we are in Tampa for the holidays. I really like to watch them, and USF has a VERY nice arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom