USF WBB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Courtney William is the realest of the dealest--she plays hard and determined every game.

Thanks. She sure is our #1 player and will be sorely missed when she graduates in '16.

One of the commentators at at the AAC WBB meeting, said she was projected to be a first round draft pick.

Courtney played for team USA this summer and earned a gold medal. She did well, and had to adjust to being a "role" player on such a talented team.

She has improved every year and this year is no different.

There is a new article mentioning that and other things regarding USF WBB.

Talented USF women's team pursues lofty goals

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bask...d-usf-womens-team-pursues-lofty-goals/2252893

Reaction Score
Thanks. She sure is our #1 player and will be sorely missed when she graduates in '16.

One of the commentators at at the AAC WBB meeting, said she was projected to be a first round draft pick.

Courtney played for team USA this summer and earned a gold medal. She did well, and had to adjust to being a "role" player on such a talented team.

She has improved every year and this year is no different.

There is a new article mentioning that and other things regarding USF WBB.

Talented USF women's team pursues lofty goals

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bask...d-usf-womens-team-pursues-lofty-goals/2252893
Too bad she uses Courtney William or maybe good--all with that name are pretty darn good..
Last year that kid put USF on her back and tried valiantly to defeat UConn --I was worried about her, but after the game I thought she was a super great player. You at USF are blessed by her and a number of her teammates. Hope you guys get to the final 4--but the NC (hopefully) belongs to UConn..

Reaction Score
Dunno, but she must be a pretty good splayer.

As one who misses letters or word endings or transposes words like paly for play--it was a bit ignorant of me to jump on that "fat fingering of the keyboard". The devil made me do it!!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF WBB hasn't announced any early signings yet, perhaps because of Veterans day, or they are waiting for all of them to and put out one release.

In any event, as I mentioned in your recruiting thread, F Jazzz Bond a teammate of Crystal Dangerfield also signed there yesterday.

One USF verbal, Respect Leaphart, has apparently switched to Southern Miss for unknown reasons.

In her place we brought in a top European player, G EnnaPehadzic from Denmark :

Blue Star Europe ‏@Bluestareurope Oct 31
Another top Euro Comitt for @USFWBB as Enna Pehadzic from Denmark gives yet verbal to @CoachJFernandez

CSreZMsXIAAPNtT.jpg

ProspectsNation.com ‏@ProspectsNation Nov 2
#CommitmentCentral - South Florida picks up a verbal from #IntELITE guard Enna Pehadzic of Denmark.

We also expect to sign two more players, Tamara Henshaw F and Shandrea Leverett C/PF.

Basically, USF was looking mainly for added height, which was sorely lacking last season and still is to some extent.

I'll post the relevant USF release(s) about them which will have more detailed info.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
USF did indeed have a very nice season last year to finally force their way into the rankings at the end of regular season and finish 24th. Jose makes sure that the team is always prepared and plays at a consistent level, which is one of the reasons why only two of the Bulls' 8 losses last year were to teams outside of the top 10, and those two were a 1 point loss at ECU and by 3 points to St. John's. There are a lot of very up-and-down teams like KY (whom USF lost to by 4) who wish they could play with the same kind of consistency.

Reaction Score
USF did indeed have a very nice season last year to finally force their way into the rankings at the end of regular season and finish 24th. Jose makes sure that the team is always prepared and plays at a consistent level, which is one of the reasons why only two of the Bulls' 8 losses last year were to teams outside of the top 10, and those two were a 1 point loss at ECU and by 3 points to St. John's. There are a lot of very up-and-down teams like KY (whom USF lost to by 4) who wish they could play with the same kind of consistency.

The Courant had a nice write up of the AAC and USF. They will be very good. Watched the UConn/USF game 2 days ago and Jenkins and Williams were very very good.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Jazz Bond looks like a very good addition to the Bulls. At 6'3" (looks taller next to Crystal) she could be a big help next year. I expect them to have a very good season THIS year, too. I know my family (season tix holders and Bulls Club members) are looking forward to having two games this weekend in the NIT. (we're not the only fans who think it is a LOOONG off season)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Jazz Bond looks like a very good addition to the Bulls. At 6'3" (looks taller next to Crystal) she could be a big help next year. I expect them to have a very good season THIS year, too. I know my family (season tix holders and Bulls Club members) are looking forward to having two games this weekend in the NIT. (we're not the only fans who think it is a LOOONG off season)

Yes, much TOO long. LOL

USF is chomping at the bit to get the season going today in the WNIT.

There was a nice article yesterday on the WNIT site about that:

South Florida's profile ready to cast a shadow on opposition

http://www.womensnit.com/news/south-floridas-profile-ready-to-cast-a-shadow-on-opposition

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 2h2 hours ago
FINAL | #USFWBB downs @JU_WBB 74-52. The Bulls open the season 1-0. NEXT: USF will host the winner of Drexel/Dartmouth Sun., Nov. 15 at 4pm

WNIT ‏@WomensNIT 1h1 hour ago
Big night for @USFWBB guard Courtney Williams with 34 points and a career-high 18 boards. #WNIT

True freshman Kitija Laksa had 15 points in her first college game.

It seemed that USF played their entire roster. I think coach wanted to give all of them a chance to play throughout the game.

CTvCaYtVAAAF_E6.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very nice stats for Courtney! 18 is a lot of rebounds for a 5'8" player.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Drexel Beat Dartmouth. USF will play them on Sunday at 4 PM.

If USF beats them, they will most likely play Baylor in the semi finals.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Drexel Beat Dartmouth. USF will play them on Sunday at 4 PM.

If USF beats them, they will most likely play Baylor in the semi finals.

I would like to see them play Baylor. I think it would be a good test for them early. And I like their chances.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I would like to see them play Baylor. I think it would be a good test for them early. And I like their chances.

Well, USF just beat a very game Drexel, who made 10 three pointers, 73-58

Courtney Williams had 25 points.

Alisha Jenkins had 21 rebounds.

The women signed autographs after the game and they seemed fairly confident that they will beat Baylor, which is half the battle. LOL

I'm the blonde in line.

CT41Uf-UYAAmhww.jpg

CT41Uf-UAAAWCse.jpg

Reaction Score
Congrats! So you guys meet Baylor in the semis Thursday assuming they beat Southern Miss tomorrow?

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
My brother tells me that the USF defense in the 4th quarter was amazing. Wish I could have been there. Good luck!! We'll be pulling for the Bulls!

PS -Thanks for sharing the photos!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
That would be something if you could take them out right there in Waco - good luck!

Although it is unlikely to happen, if Southern Miss upsets Baylor then we would host the semi final.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
My brother tells me that the USF defense in the 4th quarter was amazing. Wish I could have been there. Good luck!! We'll be pulling for the Bulls!

PS -Thanks for sharing the photos!

Thanks. They Drexel was a very tough team to defend against, because they at one point made 10 3 pointers on about 25 chances.

However, in crunch time, we shut them completely down and they missed about 10 shots in a row.

I wouldn's say we are playing up to our potential, this early in the season, but when it mattered in the first two games they upped their game.

USF Women's Basketball
4 hrs ·
Way to go Courtney!
USF guard Courtney Williams (Folkston, Ga.) was named The American Conference Player of the Week.

Williams named The American Player of the Week
NEWS: USF guard Courtney Williams (Folkston, Ga.) was named The American Conference Player of the Weekthe conference office announced Monday.
GOUSFBULLS.COM

USF Women's Basketball
6 hrs ·
2-0 in the first weekend! Great way to start 2015-16! The Bulls will play in the Preseason WNIT semifinals Thursday. They will face the winner of no.5 Baylor/Southern Miss. ‪#‎GoBulls‬ ‪#‎BullsUnite‬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom