USA vs France 11 AM Possible Stream Source | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USA vs France 11 AM Possible Stream Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It seems the team lost, for the most part, because Diana and Maya shot for . A combined 4-23 for the pair of them simply won't get it done.

Too many jumpers and not enough getting to the basket. I didn't see anything from France that indicated that they could stop us from taking it to the hole.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
could we be looking at what France had to offer?

I WISH I could have seen this game. I tried one of the links to get the stream and my browser was hijacked. Had to clean up the system....grrrrrrrrr

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But if they have already been cut, it wouldn't make a difference ;)

Does that mean that Sins is on the team since she is the only one of the 5 that got playing time? Maybe Geno has been informed that Griner will be joining so he chose not to give Dolson and Lavender any playing time since they will be headed home?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's called complacency. That is what you sometimes get with "been there, done that" players.

We lost the game and didn't even get a look at Dolson, Lavender, McBride, Diggins, and barely a look at Sims. We stuck with the core group, which didn't perform very well.

It's called "Being human". After a full season of playing games that mean something (Especially those just coming off intense playoffs) they're playing an exhibition "Warm-up" schedule to get ready for the Worlds. If you think they are going to get jacked sky high for every single game like this you're not being realistic. France on the other hand was pumped. As for the lack of subs, Don't discount the Geno approach. There's a specific method to what may seem like madness.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Does that mean that Sins is on the team since she is the only one of the 5 that got playing time? Maybe Geno has been informed that Griner will be joining so he chose not to give Dolson and Lavender any playing time since they will be headed home?

Time will tell.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Let's hope so. Will miss SD but Griner really deserves to be part of this.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's called "Being human". After a full season of playing games that mean something (Especially those just coming off intense playoffs) they're playing an exhibition "Warm-up" schedule to get ready for the Worlds. If you think they are going to get jacked sky high for every single game like this you're not being realistic. France on the other hand was pumped. As for the lack of subs, Don't discount the Geno approach. There's a specific method to what may seem like madness.

Well, if anyone can correct what we saw today it's Geno.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02 but I think a loss like this is a good thing. If he didn't have their attention before, he certainly has it now. I don't pretend to know why some players got PT and others did not. I have no idea if BG will be joining the team. But if we are left with "only" the post players currently on the roster, then he needs to coach them the best he can to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

I mentioned before that Dee and Maya shot 4-23. Maya was 1-10 and Dee was 3-13. As someone pointed out, it's very unlikely that happens again. BUT the team simply could not stop Gruda. It seems she pretty much scored at will. And by the way the US led after the 3rd quarter, but France pretty much owned USA in the 4th quarter so it's not like the entire team played crap the entire game...

There is definitely work to do. Those who watched the game said way too much 1 on 1. If that's the case, I fault Geno for that. He coached many of these same players in the 2012 Olympics and it's not like they played all 1 on 1 in those games. If he wants team ball, he needs to demand it, and bench those who don't, or can't, play that way. Not much time before the championships and I hope they figure it out.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Just my $.02 but I think a loss like this is a good thing. If he didn't have their attention before, he certainly has it now. I don't pretend to know why some players got PT and others did not. I have no idea if BG will be joining the team. But if we are left with "only" the post players currently on the roster, then he needs to coach them the best he can to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

I mentioned before that Dee and Maya shot 4-23. Maya was 1-10 and Dee was 3-13. As someone pointed out, it's very unlikely that happens again. BUT the team simply could not stop Gruda. It seems she pretty much scored at will. And by the way the US led after the 3rd quarter, but France pretty much owned USA in the 4th quarter so it's not like the entire team played crap the entire game...

There is definitely work to do. Those who watched the game said way too much 1 on 1. If that's the case, I fault Geno for that. He coached many of these same players in the 2012 Olympics and it's not like they played all 1 on 1 in those games. If he wants team ball, he needs to demand it, and bench those who don't, or can't, play that way. Not much time before the championships and I hope they figure it out.

This is what has me the most confused. These players, most of them are not strangers to his strategies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score

I WISH I could have seen this game. I tried one of the links to get the stream and my browser was hijacked. Had to clean up the system....grrrrrrrrr
My browser got hijacked too!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Could someone who actually saw the game come up with some ideas about Geno's strategies for this one?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I couldn't figure out what his strategy was... except to keep the teams on the court undersized. He was daring the guards to got to the basket -- but they went to the basket WITHOUT forcing France to defend. It was all one on one crap. It's as if the guards got hijacked by the crowds energy..

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
sounds reminiscent of a certain semi-final game against Notre Dame way, way back when...I couldn't figure out what Geno was doing then, either...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
then again, I am wrong.

Game quotes. here's the link, but i started a new thread

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Along those lines I'm a bit surprised Stewart only played 5 minutes in this one. Someone said it was very physical so that could be part of it, but don't forget Geno is still coaching her in college. If he feels she isn't listening to instructions he's probably more likely to sit her than any of the pros.
Or he didn't want to show one of his secret weapons....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
Or he didn't want to show one of his secret weapons....

At this point it's really hard to second guess anything
I am frankly not surprised at any of the cuts that were just made.

I am pleased to read. Greiner will be on her way over and I hope that she's a fast learner and can fit in quickly to Geno's plans.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions going forward we shall sit back and see.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's a process and the exhibition/friendly games are just a way to move the process forward.

I'm sure Geno has his reasons for his various combinations, his cuts and whatever detract ignites he is using.

Frankly, I find all the second guessing in these games to be tedious. But to each his own. Many seem to enjoy it.

Reaction Score
It's a process and the exhibition/friendly games are just a way to move the process forward.

I'm sure Geno has his reasons for his various combinations, his cuts and whatever detract ignites he is using.

Frankly, I find all the second guessing in these games to be tedious. But to each his own. Many seem to enjoy it.

The second guessing now is just preseason training for all the UConn games.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

If you install Comodo firewall (even the free version), it will create a sandbox for any browsers you have installed. When visiting an unknown site, use a browser in the sandbox. When running in the sandbox, there can be NO actions affecting your machine permanently -- all write operations to disk are disallowed.

This also means no history will be kept, and you cannot save anything even if you want to.

But it's a safe way to use possibly unsafe websites.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting game.
On the fast break/running - pretty hard to do when you are taking the ball out of the net every time and France was hitting everything.
Definitely did remind me of the 2001 FF game with DT unable to hit the broad side of a barn door.
USA was dreadful on pick and pop/rolls and Dolson would not have helped on that.
Found it interesting that the refs did check a 3 point shot on the monitor, but did not check a pretty clear shot clock violation where the first shot hit the bottom of the backboard.
Offense was pretty poor.
Interesting that Stewart was in on the offensive end when USA needed a three (and Maya delivered) - that was the only play she was in for in the second half and she was immediately subbed out after the basket.
Would have liked to see Lavender in the game as I think she might have helped on both ends. I assume she didn't play because Griner will replace her when she arrives, but ... I think her not playing is an indication of how the coaching staff felt about the game - OK to lose, and good to get the players that will play them practice dealing with the desperate minutes in a one point game.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I am having a lot of difficulty with the link...it is asking to update Java, but when I do, I am getting bells and whistles and all kinds of warnings and errors...egads!

Never allow a website to "update Java/Adobe Reader/Flash" or whatever. If you get such a message, go to java.com or adobe.com and do the update from there. If you don't know what the author/owner site is, just Google the software name. The right site should be pretty obvious.

Or, go to majorgeeks.com, softpedia.com or techspot.com and look for the software to download. These sites (as of this moment) only download the software you have requested.

Other sites, like download.com, filehippo.com, tucows.com and many more, by default use a "download manager". All the "download manager" does is offer to install software you DID NOT request. If you blindly click "next", "next", "next" throught the installs, you end up with crapware and adware on your computer. You can use the sites in this second group, but ALWAYS read what you're agreeing to when you click "next" or "accept" buttons. Also, these sites usually have a "direct download" link somewhere on the page, much less prominently than the "DOWNLOAD NOW!" button that brings in the "download manager".

And, finally, sadly, even if you only download the installer for the software you want to install, IT may try to install things you don't want. Both Adobe (virus scan) and Java (toolbars) will install things you aren't be interested in (you already have a good anti-virus program installed, right?) if you just click through the install.

Finally, if you can't remember to do these things, PLEASE make a restore point before installing any software or updates. It's really easy though it may take a minute or two depending on the speed of your computer (but may save you hours if something bad happens.) Here's a link to a video and text instructions on how to create a restore point. Microsoft claims a restore point is created each time you install software, but that is not the case.

If something bad happens and you need to restore to an earlier point in time, here's what you do.

Note that Windows DOES create restore points automatically. The default is once a week though, so you may lose up to 6 days of updates to systems files if you rely on the automatic restore points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom