USA vs France 11 AM Possible Stream Source | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USA vs France 11 AM Possible Stream Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Il ny'a pas de defense NOR offense. This team isn't listening or watching each other at the moment...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Now by 4 with 0:04 remaining. FRA has it locked up.

Final.

76-72

When was the last time we lost a friendly? I would guess it was against the Aussies but don't know.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
SOOOO... remember in one of the threads I mentioned Donovan in 2006 working with a team that was "Big-free"... Guess it DOES mean something.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ThisJustIn said:
SOOOO... remember in one of the threads I mentioned Donovan in 2006 working with a team that was "Big-free"... Guess it DOES mean something.
Also it says that this team might be in need of a true defensive stalwart like Brunson, who if healthy would have been a great addition to the pool. (Not forgetting BG of course.)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA deserved to lose this game. Poor defense and worse offense. France owned the 2nd half, especially the 4th quarter. Geno should have tried Skylar or Odyssey for a couple of minutes they wouldn't have hurt. They would have driven to the basket more then Whalen and Sue did.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If we ever doubted that we need BG on this team, I don't think there are any doubts left. Without Fowles and Griner our interior defense was very average.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What a stunning loss! The US laid an egg in France.

Games 3 days on a row in a "Training Camp" Sched. ? I wouldn't freak out just yet. Game was only really important for France. I'm sure their all very ticked off about it but don't expect a repeat of this type of game in the World Championships.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Games 3 days on a row in a "Training Camp" Sched. ? I wouldn't freak out just yet. Game was only really important for France. I'm sure their all very ticked off about it but don't expect a repeat of this type of game in the World Championships.

If we sent a coaching staff and group of players to play these games and they didn't think it was "important," then we sent the wrong group. We barely beat Australia, and probably would not have had Cambage not gone down, and then we lose to France.

Maybe another week of practice and one more exhibition game will have this team ready to play, but at this point they are not.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Of course it's important -- and a huge learning lesson. Tired legs anyone? Have you seen the three games in a row that is the 1/4 semis and finals?

This will be a great teaching lesson for Geno. BUT, that still doesn't solve the paint issue and the ugly one on one offense. They played like a bunch of all-stars and lost because of it.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Everyone wants to take down the US. They will not get any love from the crowd or the refs. They won't get calls in the paint down the stretch but they will be called if they are being physical, that's why it is important to knock down shots from the outside!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great win for France. Lots of work for the US team to do - to play like a TEAM. I think Geno has their attention now...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Gruda is in the WNBA...wonder how Stef and Lavender played against her? just mulling...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If we sent a coaching staff and group of players to play these games and they didn't think it was "important," then we sent the wrong group. We barely beat Australia, and probably would not have had Cambage not gone down, and then we lose to France.

Maybe another week of practice and one more exhibition game will have this team ready to play, but at this point they are not.

Why? There's no prize for this game. They are pros but they are human. And don't discount Geno taking a very different approach in this game than he would if the World Championship were on the line. He's done that before. Like ThisJustin said it's an important "Learning" game. There's no way The USA is as pumped up for this game like France was playing in front of their crowd.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Of course it's important -- and a huge learning lesson. Tired legs anyone? Have you seen the three games in a row that is the 1/4 semis and finals?

This will be a great teaching lesson for Geno. BUT, that still doesn't solve the paint issue and the ugly one on one offense. They played like a bunch of all-stars and lost because of it.

Along those lines I'm a bit surprised Stewart only played 5 minutes in this one. Someone said it was very physical so that could be part of it, but don't forget Geno is still coaching her in college. If he feels she isn't listening to instructions he's probably more likely to sit her than any of the pros.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

I agree, but it makes one wonder why Geno played DT, fresh off the plane mind you, 32 minutes today. He had high energy guards on the bench that either did not play (Diggins, McBride) or barely played (Sims <3 minutes). And if the post defense was suspect, why not play Lavender and Dolson? Unless you've already decided to cut them, wouldn't this be a good place to decide whether or not they deserve a spot on the team? This was the last chance to decide who makes the team. Plus from this point forward, the bullets are live, so this was your last chance to experiment without hurting your tournament hopes.

Edit: Oops, there is one more exhibition game in 2 days.

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Maybe it has been decided but they also have a friendly in Prague. They may want to play certain players together for chemistry at this point.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Could he be making a point for the inclusion of some of the players left on the bench? I know this sounds far fetched, but these guys all played together before with the exception of Nneka and Stewey who played very little. How could such break downs occur?

Tired? Of course. I am just flummoxed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lavender went 7-7 in the last game and didn't even sniff the court. We could have used the fresh legs Sims and Diggins to push tempo. How many fast break points did we score? We were content to just just go down and run offensive set and let Framce dictate tempo.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Maybe it has been decided but they also have a friendly in Prague. They may want to play certain players together for chemistry at this point.

Diggins and Sims probably have better chemistry that anyone on the team and they are willing to push tempo.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Why? There's no prize for this game. They are pros but they are human. And don't discount Geno taking a very different approach in this game than he would if the World Championship were on the line. He's done that before. Like ThisJustin said it's an important "Learning" game. There's no way The USA is as pumped up for this game like France was playing in front of their crowd.

That's called complacency. That is what you sometimes get with "been there, done that" players.

We lost the game and didn't even get a look at Dolson, Lavender, McBride, Diggins, and barely a look at Sims. We stuck with the core group, which didn't perform very well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It seems the team lost, for the most part, because Diana and Maya shot for . A combined 4-23 for the pair of them simply won't get it done.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
hmm.....some stats almost dead even - though USA continues their thieving ways four more fouls called on USA than on France....

USA FRA
offensive rebounds 11 13
defensive rebounds 27 27
turnovers 13 13
assists 21 22
Steals 12 6
Blocks 1 3
Personal fouls 22 18

Shots taken/made 27 - 67 28 - 67
3 point shots 3 - 14 3 - 15

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It seems the team lost, for the most part, because Diana and Maya shot for . A combined 4-23 for the pair of them simply won't get it done.

won't? or didn't? or was unable to get it done today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom