USA recap, quotes, box, etc. | The Boneyard

USA recap, quotes, box, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Love this exchange: Geno (on Griner): "She really knows what’s going on, and she asked me today, ‘Coach, if I make a mistake on offense, what do you want me to do?’ I said, ‘Well, what do you normally do back home?’ She said, ‘screen for Dee and then go post up.’ I said, ‘That sounds like a winner to me. How about we stay with that?’"

Keep it familiar, build confidence.

Reaction Score
Love this exchange: Geno (on Griner): "She really knows what’s going on, and she asked me today, ‘Coach, if I make a mistake on offense, what do you want me to do?’ I said, ‘Well, what do you normally do back home?’ She said, ‘screen for Dee and then go post up.’ I said, ‘That sounds like a winner to me. How about we stay with that?’"

Keep it familiar, build confidence.

Geno was also commenting on how smart she is as a player. Go screen for Dee and then post up (implied that Dee will get her the ball). You can't get any smarter than that!

Reaction Score
Is it still possible to watch this game? I checked the espn3 replay section, and they appear to have every game available from yesterday except the US game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Is it still possible to watch this game? I checked the espn3 replay section, and they appear to have every game available from yesterday except the US game.

I echo the frustration. Youtube only yielded highlights, and cable has nothing. :(

Reaction Score
I echo the frustration. Youtube only yielded highlights, and cable has nothing. :(
Seriously. I was out yesterday and expect to be out this afternoon. I thought it was no biggie, I can watch the games later on replay! Apparently not!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
This is the highlights from the USA basketball site...shows a little of the intangibles we may not read about in the game threads or via live access

Reactions: HGN

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Seriously. I was out yesterday and expect to be out this afternoon. I thought it was no biggie, I can watch the games later on replay! Apparently not!

same here. had to miss the game because of plans with friends.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
YouTube highlights....some of the same, some a little different. Apparently both thought Maya's little dance noteworthy. :D

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am on the phone with ESPN who told me that the missing game was a "known" issue, and is "being worked on as we speak", and the game will be "posted within 48 hours"

I find that unacceptable as they are already posting games from today, and told them so, advising that if this was a "known issue", it appears to have been solved given that they are already posting games played previously for replay.

I am back on hold while he "looks into the issue"

I suspect that someone dropped the ball regarding the USA game and forgot to upload it OR
there are rights to the game which is completely illogical given that there are a. all other FIBA games from yesterday and today posted and b. USA men's games posted for replay.

So the response was that this is a rights issue which I countered with the above information.

I am now on hold waiting to speak with a supervisor.

I am nothing if not persistent. I really want to see the game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
OK, so I spoke with the supervisor using my "professional" voice (ahem). I actually have a background in customer service management so it's easy for me to step into the role even on weekends.

Anyway, after pushing aside some nonsense, I found out that a ticket was entered this morning however there were no updates in his system advising progress if any. This is pretty frustrating and I advised him as such. He made the mistake of telling me, "well, it's the weekend..." and I told him that if I were complaining about a football game etc I would bet that the reaction would be a little quicker. "It's the weekend" is simply unacceptable.

I did the best that I could. who knows? maybe the game will appear by magic in a little while.

If it is really a rights issue, I would be pretty surprised....and a little upset.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
And now that I think about it...the game was also broadcasted on NBATV....I am wondering if there is indeed a rights issue not allowing the replay on ESPN3 for a certain amount of time or even at all. Only the USA games are being broadcast on NBA TV....just thinking aloud

Reaction Score
If you get the NBA ch, US games are being televised. Set your DVR and your all set. Ch 148 on optimum in nj.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Oddly enough, today's game is posted for replay...but yesterday's......nope

Reaction Score
If you get the NBA ch, US games are being televised. Set your DVR and your all set. Ch 148 on optimum in nj.

Yes, the problem is for people who don't get the NBA channel and/or don't have a DVR.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yes, the problem is for people who don't get the NBA channel and/or don't have a DVR.
you dont get it or you dont want it?

DVR's are the greatest invention since basketball

Reaction Score
you dont get it or you dont want it?

DVR's are the greatest invention since basketball

We are *this* close to dropping our cable TV subscription altogether. I channel surf when I'm home by myself and sometimes we watch sports. EPSN3 and Netflix/Hulu are our DVRs; getting one for our TV would be a complete waste of money.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The ability to DVR UConn games and have them forever pays for itself, IMO! So does having access to ESPN3. I remember the dark days when those of us without access to CPTV had to tape any UConn game that happened to be on ESPN on a videotape that their brother would then tape over the minute his favorite team played...(not that I'm bitter, or anything. Also, why did we only have like one videotape?)

Reaction Score
The option to DVR UConn games is great... if you live in SNY's coverage area. Working off a limited budget (hello, grad school) and very clear spend/save priorities, it is not financially worth it to me to pay for a DVR I'd use maybe three times a year or pay even more to get SNY in Maryland so that I can DVR it when the games are usually online. I watched the whole season last year on ESPN3 without paying anything extra.

It's just frustrating when the first USA game was broadcast live on ESPN3 but then isn't on replay when I expected it to be.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The dvr is for recording everything. I do understand it's not in everyone's budget. I watch a lotta tv and hulu, roki, redbox, youtube and crackle wouldn't do the trick for me. HDMI cords to put on the big screen is ok once in a blue. I can't enjoy watching the game with the family on a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom