USA: Info On 4 Friendlies That Start Tomorrow, Oct.4 | The Boneyard

USA: Info On 4 Friendlies That Start Tomorrow, Oct.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With an eye towards Rio and the 2016 Olympics, members of the USA Basketball Women’s National Team arrived in Spain for a 10-day training camp that will include games against three European professional clubs and the Italian National Team.

The U.S. team in Europe is a blend of young and old, veterans and newcomers, all hoping to break into the final 12 and represent the United States in a future Olympics -- be it in 2016 or beyond -- or a FIBA World Cup.

“This being one of the final times, if not the final time, that we get together, it’s a crucial time for us,” concluded Auriemma. “And even after we’ve done this, who knows where we are. But at least we’ll be closer. After two days, it’s been good. I like what I see. The players that we’ve had have always been great to work with. I’m anxious to play, and I know that they are. We’re anxious to face some outside competition tomorrow.”

[LINK] to full article

Upcoming schedule:

Sunday, Oct. 4
6 p.m. CET, 12 p.m. ET
USA vs. Girona@ Pavelló Municipal Girona Fontajau
Girona, Spain

Wednesday, Oct. 7
6 p.m. CET, 12 p.m. ET
USA vs. Italy
@ Altiero Felici
Rome, Italy

Thursday, Oct. 8
6:30 p.m. CET, 12:30 p.m. ET
USA vs. Dike Naples
@ Pala Vesuvio
Naples, Italy

Saturday, Oct. 10
7 p.m. CET, 1 p.m. ET
USA vs. USK Prague
@ FOLIMANKA
Prague, Czech Republic

While the USA National Team’s games in Europe will not be televised in the United States, you can follow along with the action via social media at:

[Facebook]

[Twitter]
Hashtag: [
#USABWNT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads