USA BB mini-camp recap and quotes.... | The Boneyard

USA BB mini-camp recap and quotes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Did any of the newcomers stand out to you?(Geno) I think in their own way everybody had an impact and stood out at different times in various ways. The thing that impressed me about all of them was their competitiveness and their almost complete lack of that feeling of, ‘I don’t belong here.’ I never saw that. They came in and acted like, ‘I have every right to be here because I was invited to be here, and so they must think I’m pretty good.’ And they acted like it. Somebody like Kayla McBride, who I’m sure a lot of the players here and a lot of the committee maybe didn’t know, they certainly know who she is today. Guys like Stewie (Breanna Stewart), because everybody knows her because of what happened in the NCAA Tournament, she certainly didn’t disappoint anybody. But, somebody like Kayla opened a lot of eyes because it’s her first time on this stage. When you see that, I think it’s very rewarding to be a part of that.

LINK

U

UCONNfan1

Nice quotes for Stewie and McBride, but I'm a bit surprised not as much was said about KML.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The only collegians who got much press were Stewie and McBride - Stef got the mention from DT, but none of the others got a mention - but then the same could be said for half of the pros at the camp as well.

Reactions: HGN

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The only collegians who got much press were Stewie and McBride - Stef got the mention from DT, but none of the others got a mention - but then the same could be said for half of the pros at the camp as well.
27 players vying for about 8-9 spots. (assuming Moore, Whalen, Augustus and McCoughtry have a pretty good shot at staying on).

Lots of good players are not gonna make either team.

Reactions: HGN

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Watching bits and pieces of the WNBA playoffs the most at risk to me would be Angel and I like Angel.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Watching bits and pieces of the WNBA playoffs the most at risk to me would be Angel and I like Angel.
I think Angel on the national team is a very different player than she is on the Dream or than she was in college - true for most National team players but I think especially true for a player like Angel. Because of the quality up and down the National team players are given more specific individual tasks and no one is seen as 'the scorer' as everyone on the team is capable off going of for 30 on a given night. On less talented teams 'the star' is supposed to lead and that can sometimes mean forcing things in a way that seldom or never happens with the National team.
There is also less familiarity from defenses and more options to cover so the level of defensive focus on any one player is reduced. The Lynx know the Dream very well and specifically know if they can frustrate Angel they have a 98% chance of winning the game so they focus on just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom