US v. China game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

US v. China game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA extended lead in 3rd quarter by superior rebounding. However, USA guards can't stop the ball and China's guards get to the basket when they want. Just can't do it often enough and make their shots. Future USA teams have to get quicker guards or ones that are better defenders. I would like Odyssey to get some minutes.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
WOW from Siemone. I mean WOW!!! And watching Maya enjoy was hysterical

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ThisJustIn said:
China has no legs.
thereby reminding me of the the begger on the skateboard from the movie Kids...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Didn't think the team looked great and they won by 31 pts. :rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wondering if the announcers are correct. Will some team in the Medal Round play zone against Team USA and dare USA to beat them with their outside shooting?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seemed like Stewie and Sims got limited minutes. Anyone know?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USA extended lead in 3rd quarter by superior rebounding. However, USA guards can't stop the ball and China's guards get to the basket when they want. Just can't do it often enough and make their shots. Future USA teams have to get quicker guards or ones that are better defenders. I would like Odyssey to get some minutes.
I actually thought the one on one defense across the boards was pretty good, but defending on picks was terrible - either leaving an open three or allowing the drive.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Could happen. France? Turkey? They can shoot threes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Pleased with Griner's first game: 15 pts (6/9 FG, 3/4 FT) 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, 0 TO in 17 minutes. Nice line!

Tina a monster on the boards with 15.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
This may be the first time in Stewie's career that she rode the bench for the 1st half and played less than 1o min-coaches decision.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Griner and Tina with very good games. I though in the first part they were having problems on the offensive end with spacing and positioning - almost getting in each others way. It got better as the game went on. I still prefer them not playing together - I think Griner and Dupree, Tina and Nneka would be a better front line - or trade off. It also means they would be less likely to each pick up early fouls and keep a strong center on the court all the time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ESPN3 is not accessible for DirecTV subscribers (like me). But I just luckily discovered that the USA-China game is currently being aired on NBA TV (DirecTV channel 216).

I just checked the schedule, the game tomorrow is also on NBATV

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I thought Maya and Sue committed some really bad fouls in the 2nd half. USA will need to step up its perimeter D but overall a good first game. Geno will stop the one-on-one stuff as the tournament moves on. A bit surprised Sims didn't get more minutes... She is clearly the fastest guard and loves to attack the basket.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This may be the first time in Stewie's career that she rode the bench for the 1st half and played less than 1o min-coaches decision.

Probably the same with Odyssey. I was surprised she didn't get in the game earlier considering the US was up by 25. But I am not sure that Geno felt that the team was running smoothly enough and maybe wanted to see the core players get more in sync.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought Maya and Sue committed some really bad fouls in the 2nd half. USA will need to step up its perimeter D but overall a good first game. Geno will stop the one-on-one stuff as the tournament moves on. A bit surprised Sims didn't get more minutes... She is clearly the fastest guard and loves to attack the basket.

Shot selection was suspect at times and I didn't see anything from China to indicate they could stop the US from getting to the basket. Unless a player has a layup I see no excuse for a player running down court and putting up a shot without working for a high percentage shot.

I hope we get to see more of Sims but it may be hard for her to get much PT with Bird and Whalen firmly entrenched ahead of her.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am still waiting for the replay to show up on espn3...it's taking so loooooooooooooooong

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No replay yet on ESPN 3, only highlights on Youtube, nothing on cable. Anyone help? I would love to see yesterday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom