Upsets picks? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upsets picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Pitt beats Colorado, but I agree with you completely on New Mexico, I have no clue what people are seeing.

I have seen UNM play three times this year. Their two big men Kirk and Bairstow can dominate the paint, especially Bairstow. They have a great guard in Kendall Williams who can drive and shoot the 3 ball. Some of their losses were to tournament teams: UMass(neutral court) at Kansas, New Mexico State, and they beat Cincy at home.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be cautious with picking them, you should. I just wouldn't put it past them to make a run to the Sweet 16.

It pains me to write this by the way as a alum of NMSU.

Reaction Score
I think Pitt beats Colorado, but I agree with you completely on New Mexico, I have no clue what people are seeing.

Either way not a big upset, but CU still has some athletes, experience and are well coached despite the loss of Dinwiddie. With him they would have been very dangerous in the tourney. Tough pill to swallow for a program making strides.

Reaction Score
I have listened to the talking heads, the Boneyard experts, the talk around the water cooler and have read multitudes of expert analysis over the years about the brackets. It has made for entertaining fodder as arguments fester and boil over the brewskies.

I have come to the conclusion that no one has a clue. No one has that "inner" knowledge that makes their picks more preferable than mine.

I declare myself an expert who says that UCONN will win the national championship beating a tough Mercer squad.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Mercer over Duke
NDST into the Sweet 16
Nebraska over Baylor
Dayton over Ohio St
Iowa into the Sweet 16
ASU over Texas
I agree with almost everything you said except i have NDST out in the round of 32 as well as Iowa. And i just don't see ASU over TX. They've lost 3 in a row, the last of which was a loss to Stanford by over 20.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Watched NC St last night and like them over Saint Louis. Yeah, I know, I know, NC St didn't deserve to get in based on their entire body of work, blah, blah, but they are playing well now. And Saint Louis is a classic walking wounded 5 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom