Updated recruiting page | The Boneyard

Updated recruiting page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasn't aware that Joyner Holmes was interested. It'd be great to have her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan- what about that 6'9" sophomore from PA - not sure how serious the coaches are or if she has serious interest in Uconn?

Reaction Score
Just wondering-has UConn expressed any interest in Sabrina Ionescu-#5 in class of 2016?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just wondering-has UConn expressed any interest in Sabrina Ionescu-#5 in class of 2016?

For more than a year, yes, but there has been radio silence on that front for a while. A Courant article from a couple months ago suggested if UConn is going to take one more from the '16 pool it'll be a big and not a guard, so....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, Ionescu continues to put up huge numbers. She just had a 29-10-10 triple double a few days ago and 31 points, 14 rebounds the game after.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan- what about that 6'9" sophomore from PA - not sure how serious the coaches are or if she has serious interest in Uconn?
You're thinking of Felicia Aiyeotan. I haven't heard anything about her recently so I can't really say. There's an article that she took an unofficial to Kentucky, though I don't know what she thought of the visit.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan! Hey wasn't Katie Lou Sam 6'3" this past yr? Hope she didn't shrink an inch since the recent knee injury!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan! Hey wasn't Katie Lou Sam 6'3" this past yr? Hope she didn't shrink an inch since the recent knee injury!
Nope, just old info. I fixed it. All heights are per the USA Basketball site, which seems to be most accurate, from what I can tell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm hearing from good sources that there is not mutual interest with Holmes, Ionescu, or Chou.

On the other hand, we've been looking at Jocelyn Willoughby.

In 2017, we have strong interest in Megan Walker. She's really, really good. An athletic 6'1" wing from Richmond who is averaging 20 and 10.

I hope we can get Wolf and/or McCoy. I also hope that Tori heals to 100%.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wish there was another guard on the list for 2016. IMHO team needs another guard for 2016.

Guard Roster for 2016/17 is Saniya Chong (SR), Tierney Lawlor (SR) Kia Nurse (JR) Gabby Williams (JR) and Crystal Dangerfield (FR)

Courtney is listed as a guard, but don't see ever playing that role. I have projected Gabby to move back to a guard and should make the transition. She'll need to improve her outside shot.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm hearing from good sources that there is not mutual interest with Holmes, Ionescu, or Chou..
Geno went to see Holmes when he was in Texas in December and Jim Fuller seems to feel UConn is still involved with Chou. You never know with teenagers but I thought I'd leave their names up anyway.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Nan where can we find the recruiting page after this thread disappears.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno went to see Holmes when he was in Texas in December and Jim Fuller seems to feel UConn is still involved with Chou. You never know with teenagers but I thought I'd leave their names up anyway.
You are absolutely right about teenagers. I'm hearing that Holmes doesn't want to leave Texas, but who knows? Re Ionescu, I'm hearing that her father is overly involved. That's often a turn-off for Geno. I think one of the BYers has noted that she likes to have the ball a lot, maybe too much for a UConn player. On the other hand, I believe that she plays hard, a la Kelly Faris. We'll know in time. We have Dangerfield and Irwin in 2016. One or two more would be great.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nan where can we find the recruiting page after this thread disappears.
If you go to the blog, there's a link at the top of the page, next to the link for the women's basketball page. You can get to the blog by clicking on The Boneyard logo on the upper, left hand side of any Boneyard forum.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You are absolutely right about teenagers. I'm hearing that Holmes doesn't want to leave Texas, but who knows? Re Ionescu, I'm hearing that her father is overly involved. That's often a turn-off for Geno. I think one of the BYers has noted that she likes to have the ball a lot, maybe too much for a UConn player. On the other hand, I believe that she plays hard, a la Kelly Faris. We'll know in time. We have Dangerfield and Irwin in 2016. One or two more would be great.
I don't think Ionescu is interested in UConn or vice versa so I didn't add her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom