Updated 2015 Roster (Projected) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Updated 2015 Roster (Projected)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, as for projecting forward.You render Facey as useless because he can't play the 4, doesn't have the ball skills for the 3 and isn't Michael Jordan.
You honestly believe that DD is a college 4 and that we aren't just using him there because AO transferred and we didn't get the likes of Vonleh, Bell, Bennett, Stokes et al and subsequently we have no bonafide 4 man.
You think Nolan is a 5 at 6'10 215 pds.
I understand that you can get away with these guys playing those positions if you have to stretch them similar to what Nova does every year with their players but personally I don't want to be that team. We have always had a Center on this team going back to Thabeet, Okafor, Knight, and Voskhul alongside big strong power forwards (Adrien, Freeman, Marshall, King, Boone, Villanueva). Personally that is ideal in my book. To have to powerful tall big men up front.

Facey may get minutes going forward at the 4, but it will come in a completely different style of lineup than we've used the past two years, more like the traditional lineup you allude to.

My ideal 4 is a guy like Jabari Parker, whose game operates both inside and out. DD is a college 4 -- ideally he would be a little beefier, more physical, and less afraid of contact, but his game allows us to have a highly versatile and skilled offense.

I would rather have someone like Daniels at the 4, who occasionally gets outmuscled, than a guy like Stanley Robinson (or, worse, Facey) at the 3, who couldn't dribble or pass.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, as for projecting forward.You render Facey as useless because he can't play the 4, doesn't have the ball skills for the 3 and isn't Michael Jordan.
You honestly believe that DD is a college 4 and that we aren't just using him there because AO transferred and we didn't get the likes of Vonleh, Bell, Bennett, Stokes et al and subsequently we have no bonafide 4 man.
You think Nolan is a 5 at 6'10 215 pds.
I understand that you can get away with these guys playing those positions if you have to stretch them similar to what Nova does every year with their players but personally I don't want to be that team. We have always had a Center on this team going back to Thabeet, Okafor, Knight, and Voskhul alongside big strong power forwards (Adrien, Freeman, Marshall, King, Boone, Villanueva). Personally that is ideal in my book. To have to powerful tall big men up front.

Basketball has changed. Nolan is a 5 and Facey is 100% a 4. I'd be shocked if he played a minute at the 3. He has never showed the ball skills to be a 3 in high school or college. Stretch 4 is becoming very popular in basketball, both in the NBA and in college. The game is getting smaller and more skilled - KO has even been quoted saying he wants to have 4 guys playing that can put the ball on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With that lineup, all you should really need is competent play from the inside and I think with some experience and more weight room time, some combo of Nolan, Facey, Brimah, and Lubin should be able to provide that. Ideally we snag another big guy to come in though.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that he's just an under the radar type. I don't think he was ever highly rated.
I may have had bad info- I am no expert- but I heard that he was ranked in the top 40 or so early in HS- then got hurt and missed all the camps ect and had to sit out for a while- we got in early once he transferred to GA from Bama. If UNC signed him he would be ranked. I believe he is 6' 8" 245 his senior year in HS. He has had game's with over 30 points and 20 rebonds and he is doubled teamed most nights.

I am putting on my homer hat and saying he is a beast and we stole him.

Reaction Score
I may have had bad info- I am no expert- but I heard that he was ranked in the top 40 or so early in HS- then got hurt and missed all the camps ect and had to sit out for a while- we got in early once he transferred to GA from Bama. If UNC signed him he would be ranked. I believe he is 6' 8" 245 his senior year in HS. He has had game's with over 30 points and 20 rebonds and he is doubled teamed most nights.

I am putting on my homer hat and saying he is a beast and we stole him.

Lubin was ranked in the 40's by some obscure site early in his career but that was it. Definitely an under the radar player, but he has been killing it all season long and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up ranked this year.

caw

Reaction Score
Long way to go.

Next year could be (not starter/bench necessarily, but listed by class):
PG: RB 5-11, TS 6-3
SG: RP 6-4, SC 6-3
SF: OC 6-5, DH 6-7
PF: DD 6-9, LT 6-8, KF 6-8, RL 6-8
C: PN 6-9, AB 6-11

2015:
PG: SC 6-3, TS 6-3, WJ 6-5
SG: RP 6-5, PA 6-4
PF: LT 6-8, KF 6-8, RL 6-8

Another big seems to be what is missing.

Wonder if they go after a fifth year transfer again (if still allowed).

Of course this all assumes no one leaves early and no transfers.

Reaction Score
Here's a little something I put together because I was curious myself (I remember someone else having made a scholarship grid, but I couldn't find it). I could be wrong about some of the positions, but it should give us a general idea:
gZntxth.png

Attachments

• Book1.pdf
    107.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So no one else thinks Boatright is coming back. I think with the extra deep draft this year with the chance to improve his draft chances in 2015 by being the man next year, he has to be at least 50% to return.

As it stands today, I don't think he gets picked, certainly not a guaranteed deal which at Uconn has always been the decision point.

caw

Reaction Score
Here's a little something I put together because I was curious myself (I remember someone else having made a scholarship grid, but I couldn't find it). I could be wrong about some of the positions, but it should give us a general idea:
RKOw83e.png

SAm Cassell will be a redshirt Sophomore when he comes in.

Reaction Score
Long way to go.

Next year could be (not starter/bench necessarily, but listed by class):
PG: RB 5-11, TS 6-3
SG: RP 6-4, SC 6-3
PF: DD 6-9, LT 6-8, KF 6-8, RL 6-8

2015:
PG: SC 6-3, TS 6-3, WJ 6-5
SG: RP 6-5, PA 6-4
PF: LT 6-8, KF 6-8, RL 6-8

Another big seems to be what is missing.

Wonder if they go after a fifth year transfer again (if still allowed).

Of course this all assumes no one leaves early and no transfers.

I would love to see a highly-touted stretch-4 type (basically, all the guys we missed on this summer in the 2014 class). That would give us the flexibility to either go big (with Facey/Lubin and Brimah/Nolan at the 4/5) or go skilled (with a DD-like player at the 4 and Brimah/Nolan/Facey/Lubin at the 5).

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
IMO Brimah is gone after next season. People may disagree, but he is a huge prospect for the NBA... Especially since he's only been playing for 4 years.
No disrespect, but I disagree. People said the same thing about HT, but JC kept him here until his junior year because he convinced him that if he entereted the draft as a more NBA ready player then he would get a better contract. KO will do the same thing with AB.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
So no one else thinks Boatright is coming back. I think with the extra deep draft this year with the chance to improve his draft chances in 2015 by being the man next year, he has to be at least 50% to return.

As it stands today, I don't think he gets picked, certainly not a guaranteed deal which at Uconn has always been the decision point.
I think he goes. Not because he's ready, but because it's going to be very difficult for anyone to convince him he's not ready. I hope he listens to KO and the contacts KO has in the NBA and stays for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom