Unranked Again | The Boneyard

Unranked Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
New Mexico enters both polls though.

UCLA somehow stays in the coaches poll at #25.

UConn is the third of others receiving votes.

NCState at 18 in both polls, they may be unranked by the time UConn plays them. Big game for them tomorrow against Michigan.

UNLV and SDSU two other teams I'm surprised remain ranked after pretty mediocre results.

SDSU with a pretty big game against UCLA, loser is out of the polls completely, and even if UCLA wins they may be out (they have to play Cal State Northridge beforehand :p).

Also a bit surprised Illinois and Minnesota are both ranked.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i could careless about rankings now, we need to grow as a team and correct our weaknesses in time for nc state and the big east... we need to be supportive of ollie and the team bc they are going through a lot and doing the best with what they have

caw

Reaction Score
i could careless about rankings now, we need to grow as a team and correct our weaknesses in time for nc state and the big east... we need to be supportive of ollie and the team bc they are going through a lot and doing the best with what they have

I just thought it was interesting that UConn dropped out, while two things happened:

1. UCLA stayed in one poll
  2. New Mexico entered both

Reaction Score
Too early to follow polls. They are somewhat meaningless till January, and for us BE play.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Rankings don't mean anything. All I care about is that Big East W-L record.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I just thought it was interesting that UConn dropped out, while two things happened:

1. UCLA stayed in one poll
  2. New Mexico entered both
I got ya

Reaction Score
This team will not end up in the polls but we should not care. They are who they are, and we need to watch who they end up being at the end of they year rather than worrying about where they are ranked after 6 games........I'm just hoping they win some they aren't supposed to as they mature.........

Not hammering on people for caring as it is fun to have them ranked just saying!! I remember the days in the 70's and 80's when it was something just to see them in the "others receiving votes".......so now admittedly just being ranked just isn't the same with our program's expectations. But this is a different year I agree.....

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's not going to happen, but it'd be hilarious if we were ranked #1 at the end of the season. We'd be making history as the first #1 team to not receive an NCAA bid

U

UCONNfan1

Agreed. Rankings don't mean squat. This team, they way they have played, will be LUCKY to get out of the BE at .500. I don't know if we will be ranked again this year but I don't see too many games as easy W's, and since we are hovering in the 25-40 range, it will be hard to move up unless we have a few weeks of no losses.

the UNM game, and first half of Stony Brook showed me that this team will look really good at times, and really disorganized and out of synch at times. Against good teams, we won't recover from a 10 point deficit like we faced against Q and Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
Against good teams, we won't recover from a 10 point deficit like we faced against Q and Stony Brook.

Good to know. So as soon as this team is down 10 I can turn the game off because it is already decided. I'm glad I have this information so I can be more productive.

U

UCONNfan1

Good to know. So as soon as this team is down 10 I can turn the game off because it is already decided. I'm glad I have this information so I can be more productive.
It's just my opinion. Not a fact. Either way, glad I could help you be more productive.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's just my opinion. Not a fact. Either way, glad I could help you be more productive.
Speaking of the Big East, I am dreading the Pitt game. That's going to be a massacre inside.

Reaction Score

I don't think he meant it in a negative manner just kind of reality isn't it? I mean Louisville, Cuse, GTown are all well above the teams he mentioned and it is logical it would be tougher to keep allowing that deficit which seems so consistent at this point. Hopefully they begin to find a way to start faster and not put themselves in a hole because yes, the teams in the BE will be tough to come back on......many of these teams have people who can cut the head off the dragon too that's the issue.......take Bazz and Boat out and we know it's trouble!!

caw

Reaction Score
I don't think he meant it in a negative manner just kind of reality isn't it? I mean Louisville, Cuse, GTown are all well above the teams he mentioned and it is logical it would be tougher to keep allowing that deficit which seems so consistent at this point. Hopefully they begin to find a way to start faster and not put themselves in a hole because yes, the teams in the BE will be tough to come back on......many of these teams have people who can cut the head off the dragon too that's the issue.......take Bazz and Boat out and we know it's trouble!!

I actually like this teams ability to come back better than some of the past few, this team actually has a few guys who can hit some 3's.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I actually like this teams ability to come back better than some of the past few, this team actually has a few guys who can hit some 3's.
If DD or TO can improve their ability to score in the interior this team will continue to shock people.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Agreed. Rankings don't mean squat. This team, they way they have played, will be LUCKY to get out of the BE at .500. I don't know if we will be ranked again this year but I don't see too many games as easy W's, and since we are hovering in the 25-40 range, it will be hard to move up unless we have a few weeks of no losses.

Have you really looked at the Big East schedule?
DePaul twice, PC twice, USF twice, Nova, Cuse, and Georgetown at home... Nova's already lost to Columbia, Alabama, and LaSalle... this isn't our regular Big East schedule. I'm cautiously optimistic and not because we'll be world beaters... but because we've got the most favorable schedule we've had in years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That is exactly how I meant it. I plan to watch every game I can and to root for the team as much as possible, but the reality (to me) is that "we are what we thought we were", so to speak. great backcout and wings, but really young and inexperienced up front.

And we can't get down 10 points in the 2nd half to teams like Pitt, L'ville, etc etc and expect to come back. I thought I was just sort of stating the obvious, but apparently I was giving instructions on how to watch games this season... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Are you posting under 2 different screennames?

That is exactly how I meant it. I plan to watch every game I can and to root for the team as much as possible, but the reality (to me) is that "we are what we thought we were", so to speak. great backcout and wings, but really young and inexperienced up front.

And we can't get down 10 points in the 2nd half to teams like Pitt, L'ville, etc etc and expect to come back. I thought I was just sort of stating the obvious, but apparently I was giving instructions on how to watch games this season... :rolleyes:

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I just want to see a reason to be excited for next season. Ranked or not, I want to see growth.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm seeing growth. Different eyes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom