Uniforms | The Boneyard

Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the uniforms are just fine. I think the only thing Diaco would have done differently is the helmet, but I have to say (as sad as it is to admit it) the helmets grew on me and I kinda like them now.

Reaction Score
Is Diaco a candidate for Project Runway?
Pal and others,

Didn't we have a distinctively lighter shade of blue up to and including the time we had the UConn scripted logo on the helmets?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the uniforms and think they are sharp. The helmets are growing on me, but still not loving them.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people think Diaco is a fashion designer. Get Tommy Hilfiger in here. Or Gucci.

Reaction Score
Pal and others,

Didn't we have a distinctively lighter shade of blue up to and including the time we had the UConn scripted logo on the helmets?
Yes we did.. I believe Milo65 has the darker version... I remember distinctly, when I was up there... WR Alex Davis, along with an OL (who ended being a WWE guy with Shane McMahon) was in one of my freshmen classes... Cornelius Benton(sp?) was a QB on the squad too.. and RB Kevin Wesley... and Lyndon Johnson (OL)... Sigi Obi... I digress (those were some fun days guys)... Their uni's were a lighter color ('88, '89)... Then when Wilbur Gilyard came on the scene ('90 or '91) the color was darker

Reaction Score
Yes we did.. I believe Milo65 has the darker version... I remember distinctly, when I was up there... WR Alex Davis, along with an OL (who ended being a WWE guy with Shane McMahon) was in one of my freshmen classes... Cornelius Benton(sp?) was a QB on the squad too.. and RB Kevin Wesley... and Lyndon Johnson (OL)... Sigi Obi... I digress (those were some fun days guys)... Their uni's were a lighter color ('88, '89)... Then when Wilbur Gilyard came on the scene ('90 or '91) the color was darker

Below is a link to the UConn helmets over the years 83-89 was a much lighter blue, my avatar is from 90-93.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Reaction Score
I'd love the 3rd uniform to be a darker grey jersey with blue print/numbers thinly outlined in red (or vice versa). Gun metal grey helmets (not the diet coke can looking crap that a few schools have used) with the same blue outlined in red on the helmet decal. WVU had some decent grey 3rd uni's a few years back.
Hoops wears grey, shoot, my sweatshirt and winter cap is that darker grey. Make it happen Warde.

Reaction Score
In the 70s & 80s the football jerseys were more of a Royal Blue (like the K.C. Royals baseball caps). Someone in the athletic department during the Perkins regime looked up the official School Colors. When it was found out for certain that UConn Blue was National Flag Blue, the a.d. mandated that all team uniforms across the board reflect this color & the Royal Blue was abandoned in football.

Reaction Score
Hey Sam, I wasn't trying to be douchey. It's just that I've never seen a sharp looking winner's uniform in gray. Not even Georgetown BBall. Gray and drab are synonyms to me. But each to his own.

Reaction Score
In the 70s & 80s the football jerseys were more of a Royal Blue (like the K.C. Royals baseball caps). Someone in the athletic department during the Perkins regime looked up the official School Colors. When it was found out for certain that UConn Blue was National Flag Blue, the a.d. mandated that all team uniforms across the board reflect this color & the Royal Blue was abandoned in football.
Nothing wrong with National Flag Blue, red (NF), and white. Colors we should wear proudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom