Undefeated OSU loses to WV. | The Boneyard

Undefeated OSU loses to WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
#11 Oklahoma State blows 9 point lead with 5 minutes left.

ETT's idea that Baylor's schedule is as good as Uconn's takes a hit with this loss.

Big 12 teams way overrated.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Change that earlier thread. And then there was 5.

But at least Baylor has UConn on its schedule, so that's something.

HGN

Reaction Score
WVU was led in scoring by Connecticut native Bria Holmes with 21pts.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Congrats to WVU on a nice win.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She would have been competing with Kaleena for playing time.
Yup. I like the team we have. Yes there are good/great players that do not come to Uconn but the ones we do get do just fine.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
#11 Oklahoma State blows 9 point lead with 5 minutes left.

ETT's idea that Baylor's schedule is as good as Uconn's takes a hit with this loss.

Big 12 teams way overrated.
I'm not sure why WV's win illustrates the weakness of the Big12. If OK St. had suffered an OOC loss, then I would agree. If it had been a loss to a bottom dweller, then your statement would have some traction. But WV hasn't looked bad. Sure their schedule has been weak, but so had OK St's. Another way to interpret the results is to say that now Baylor will have MORE games against top 25 teams, as WV will likely join the AP/Coaches' top 25 while OK St. remains there. Sagarin now has OK St. at 11th and WV at 15th, followed by Baylor (17th), Oklahoma (19th) and Texas (20th).

That said, I disagree with ETT that Baylor's schedule is as difficult as UConn's, but I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why WV's win illustrates the weakness of the Big12. If OK St. had suffered an OOC loss, then I would agree. If it had been a loss to a bottom dweller, then your statement would have some traction. But WV hasn't looked bad. Sure their schedule has been weak, but so had OK St's. Another way to interpret the results is to say that now Baylor will have MORE games against top 25 teams, as WV will likely join the AP/Coaches' top 25 while OK St. remains there. Sagarin now has OK St. at 11th and WV at 15th, followed by Baylor (17th), Oklahoma (19th) and Texas (20th).

That said, I disagree with ETT that Baylor's schedule is as difficult as UConn's, but I guess we'll see as the season progresses.
Conference weakness is a relative thing. The B12 is again rated the top conference in Sagarin as it has been for most of the last half decade. The difference is that they no longer have any team sitting in one of the top spots, which gives an appearance of weakness. Projecting from Sagarin you would say that no B12 team is expected to make the Elite 8 group at the current ratings since Iowa St. at #9 is the top team followed by OK St. and WV. But it's hard to argue that a conference with 6 teams in the Sags top 20 is weak since no other conference is at that level, though the ACC with 6 in the top 21 is very very close.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Or maybe WVU coming into the conference from #4 or 5 in the Big East to win the Big 12 might reveal the conferences rankings as a paper tiger. Same might happen with ND and the ACC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Or maybe WVU coming into the conference from #4 or 5 in the Big East to win the Big 12 might reveal the conferences rankings as a paper tiger. Same might happen with ND and the ACC.
Even Syracuse is ranked this year. Wait until Louisville joins the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Even Syracuse is ranked this year. Wait until Louisville joins the ACC.

Well they were pretty decent last year... and ranked for some of the season...

as for this season.... well they wont be ranked in the next poll.... might be mid feb before they get back in.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well they were pretty decent last year... and ranked for some of the season...

as for this season.... well they wont be ranked in the next poll.... might be mid feb before they get back in.
SU was 24-8 last year - here's a link to their schedule so you'll understand why.

The Orange aren't bad - they play hard for the entire game, are very physical (VERY physical), and can be quite good defensively. In the past it was an emotional team; one loss could cause a disastrous skid. Maybe they've gotten past that?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SU was 24-8 last year - here's a link to their schedule so you'll understand why.

The Orange aren't bad - they play hard for the entire game, are very physical (VERY physical), and can be quite good defensively. In the past it was an emotional team; one loss could cause a disastrous skid. Maybe they've gotten past that?

Of course I wanna see ND in person... but I also was looking forward to seeing Cuse in person as well. I'll have to wait til the ACC tourney for that..... as Duke is the only NC school that they DONT visit this year.

Reaction Score

You are right there very soft non conference schedule last year but did have some very good Big East wins. Lost today at NC St.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom