uncommitteds ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

uncommitteds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does her coming here adversely affect our chances of landing Ionescu or Chou? Is this a comment by Geno about all of the guards in '16?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There's word from a coach at the Rhode Island Breakers AAU program of a 2016 UConn commit: Molly Bent, 5-8 guard, Tabor Academy, Marion, Massachusetts. This article from last fall said that she had 12 D-I offers, including Fordham, UMass, URI, Maine, Delaware, and Davidson, plus a ton of interest from Ivy League schools. UConn coaches had watched the Breakers team at the Deep South Classic.

Tweet this afternoon from @starsbbpride: "Congrats to 2016 Breaker Molly Bent on her verbal commitment to play at UConn"

Dan Olson ‏@CGBR27 2m2 minutes ago
Molly Bent (5-9 PG/2 Centerville, MA/Tabor Academy 2016) verbals to powerhouse Connecticut! @CGBR27 @espnW

I can see Geno reckoning the with Crystal on board he better not gun for the #2 guard in the class. Hit 1000 points by end of soph. year, very smart, off to elite prep school now. Got the Sue Bird pony tail down. Wonder if she has any more growth in her?

http://www.capecod.com/sports/got-game-collegiate-offers-pour-hoop-star-bent/

Well she already grew an inch in the past two hours... so I would say yes :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bent used to dream of playing at national powers UConn or Notre Dame, but reality has clouded that a bit."I would never be able to go there," she said. "But I'd like to go Division I. You never know."

http://www.capecodtimes.com/article//20140103/CCOLBARKER/401030306/-1/SPORTS

Her remarks were made a year and a half ago. I'd say the clouds have lifted. Glad to read she has a jump shot as a weapon. Videos confirm article about her defense being pretty special. In Geno I trust. Of course, Geno being able to comment is a long way off. I hope one or more of the horde get to Molly for some remarks. Not thrilled with the soccer - she obviously excels there - remembering injuries on the soccer field for one or two Huskies. She gets to stay close to home for her sister and play for UConn - this young lady has to be over the moon right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Her remarks were made a year and a half ago. I'd say the clouds have lifted. Glad to read she has a jump shot as a weapon. Videos confirm article about her defense being pretty special. In Geno I trust. Of course, Geno being able to comment is a long way off. I hope one or more of the horde get to Molly for some remarks. Not thrilled with the soccer - she obviously excels there - remembering injuries on the soccer field for one or two Huskies. She gets to stay close to home for her sister and play for UConn - this young lady has to be over the moon right now.
We had a couple of soccer-playing guards from the Northeast who did pretty well: Sue and Bria.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No, though neither Ionescu nor Chou seem interested in attending UConn.

You never know about interest until the dust settles, but from what I saw of Chou in her first day contest in the FIBA U-18 I don't feel bad about that lack of interest. Could be unfair though. The short clock and 3X3 format can be a distinct disadvantage to some players who are very skilled "in the real deal".

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You never know about interest until the dust settles, but from what I saw of Chou in her first day contest in the FIBA U-18 I don't feel bad about that lack of interest. Could be unfair though. The short clock and 3X3 format can be a distinct disadvantage to some players who are very skilled "in the real deal".

I haven't watched any of the 3x3 games but I like Chou a lot. I watched some of her HS games and she one of the more adaptable HS players I've seen in awhile. She can do a lot of things really well. While not a superstar, I think Chou would excel at UConn. I think the same of Ionescu. Chou revealed a list of 13 schools a few months ago and has not said anything about recruiting since as far as I can tell. There have been rumors about Ionescu and Oregon but who knows. I suspect we'll hear soon whether Geno's sole focus for the 2016 class is on adding a post player.

Reaction Score
As long as the reported discrepancy is > 1.7983 inches, anything less is a complete waste of boneyard space.
Actually I would expect some discussion on the Boneyard as to the accuracy in the 4th decimal place.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't watched any of the 3x3 games but I like Chou a lot. I watched some of her HS games and she one of the more adaptable HS players I've seen in awhile. She can do a lot of things really well. While not a superstar, I think Chou would excel at UConn. I think the same of Ionescu. Chou revealed a list of 13 schools a few months ago and has not said anything about recruiting since as far as I can tell. There have been rumors about Ionescu and Oregon but who knows. I suspect we'll hear soon whether Geno's sole focus for the 2016 class is on adding a post player.
I agree with you so much it not even funny. I am getting bruised on the Bent thread pretty badly, I could use your support about Chou and Ionescu.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I agree with you so much it not even funny. I am getting bruised on the Bent thread pretty badly, I could use your support about Chou and Ionescu.
I can't speak to Chou but I really wanted Ionescu. That's based on limited viewing last summer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I don't see anything you've said in that thread to support. No one there questions the talent of Chou and Ionescu. They're very good but they're also not coming to UConn. Molly Bent is which is all that matters right now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't see anything you've said in that thread to support. No one there questions the talent of Chou and Ionescu. They're very good but they're also not coming to UConn. Molly Bent is which is all that matters right now.
Not sure how you could have missed it. It was my very first post in that thread.

Reaction Score
Espinoza - Hunter & Walker are in the class of 2017. You need players to play certain roles who are willing to be part of the team not always the star of the team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can't speak to Chou but I really wanted Ionescu. That's based on limited viewing last summer.
I agree, Chou didn't do much for me from what I saw of her. But that was limited. I did like what I saw from Ionescu though. Looked like she'd be a great addition. Don't see Geno adding another guard now though (from 2016).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Espinoza - Hunter & Walker are in the class of 2017. You need players to play certain roles who are willing to be part of the team not always the star of the team.
AEH and Walker, along with a P/F from 2016/2017 and we'd be pretty set. A P/F from both and we'd be in fantastic shape.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu, who Geno once targeted, recently named her final 5: Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA and Texas.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
In late June, Chou announced a paired down list which includes Texas, UCLA, Baylor, Cal, TCU, Duke, and Louisville. She attended Baylor's summer camp in June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger