uncommitteds ? | The Boneyard

uncommitteds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am out-of-the-loop on who is still available for 2016 and beyond.
Any top talent leaning towards the Huskies ??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am out-of-the-loop on who is still available for 2016 and beyond.
Any top talent leaning towards the Huskies ??
Here's a list of players UCONN is looking at/or has looked at/or has at some time been connected to that are still uncommitted (last I checked).

Lauren Cox 6-4 (1) F/C
Joyner Holmes 6-3 (2) F
Sabrina Ionescu 5-10 (4) G
Tori McCoy 6-4 (7) C/F
Amber Ramirez 5-8 (11) PG
Natalie Chou 6-1 (13) G
Jaelyn Brown 6-1 (18) W
Felicia Ayieotan 6-9 (23) C
Jocelyn Willougby 6-0 (29) W/G

Don't know how many of the above are still on UCONN's radar (either way). The only things I've read lately has been about Cox and McCoy.

HGN

Reaction Score
Here's a list of players UCONN is looking at/or has looked at/or has at some time been connected to that are still uncommitted (last I checked).

Lauren Cox 6-4 (1) F/C
Joyner Holmes 6-3 (2) F
Sabrina Ionescu 5-10 (4) G
Tori McCoy 6-4 (7) C/F
Amber Ramirez 5-8 (11) PG
Natalie Chou 6-1 (13) G
Jaelyn Brown 6-1 (18) W
Felicia Ayieotan 6-9 (23) C
Jocelyn Willougby 6-0 (29) W/G

Don't know how many of the above are still on UCONN's radar (either way). The only things I've read lately has been about Cox and McCoy.
Meyers , that is the list as I know it to be as well...........I don't think Geno has offered anyone on the list so far. Probably waiting to see if they make an Official visit to campus before offering.

Reaction Score
What's happened to Zandalasini? Is she staying in Europe? I never heard her mentioned relative to UCONN yet she's Hoopgurlz 4th ranked 2015 and she's uncommitted.

I know the standing joke is that Geno can't go through another transition like the one he had with Svetlana but this girl is Italian. Surely she and the head coach could find something to talk about.

Is it just that she's a wing and we are currently set there? Don't see how that would keep Geno from finding a way to use her if she's as good as reported.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What's happened to Zandalasini? Is she staying in Europe? I never heard her mentioned relative to UCONN yet she's Hoopgurlz 4th ranked 2015 and she's uncommitted.

I know the standing joke is that Geno can't go through another transition like the one he had with Svetlana but this girl is Italian. Surely she and the head coach could find something to talk about.

Is it just that she's a wing and we are currently set there? Don't see how that would keep Geno from finding a way to use her if she's as good as reported.
Haven't heard anything with UCONN and Zandalasini. Seems kinda late for her to be coming in anywhere now. Most "rising" Freshmen are already enrolled in summer classes.

Reaction Score
There's word from a coach at the Rhode Island Breakers AAU program of a 2016 UConn commit: Molly Bent, 5-8 guard, Tabor Academy, Marion, Massachusetts. This article from last fall said that she had 12 D-I offers, including Fordham, UMass, URI, Maine, Delaware, and Davidson, plus a ton of interest from Ivy League schools. UConn coaches had watched the Breakers team at the Deep South Classic.

Tweet this afternoon from @starsbbpride: "Congrats to 2016 Breaker Molly Bent on her verbal commitment to play at UConn"

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Haven't heard anything with UCONN and Zandalasini. Seems kinda late for her to be coming in anywhere now. Most "rising" Freshmen are already enrolled in summer classes.

Good point.

The question now arises, if you have matriculated to summer school, are you any longer rising?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
There's word from a coach at the Rhode Island Breakers AAU program of a 2016 UConn commit: Molly Bent, 5-8 guard, Tabor Academy, Marion, Massachusetts. This article from last fall said that she had 12 D-I offers, including Fordham, UMass, URI, Maine, Delaware, and Davidson, plus a ton of interest from Ivy League schools. UConn coaches had watched the Breakers team at the Deep South Classic.

Tweet this afternoon from @starsbbpride: "Congrats to 2016 Breaker Molly Bent on her verbal commitment to play at UConn"
It now reads "Boston University."

Reaction Score
It now reads "Boston University."
I don't see that, but he deleted the tweet I was referencing. @BreakerGirlsBB still has a tweet up saying she committed to UConn.

EDIT: I checked again, and that tweet is back up, so I'm not sure what the deal is with this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't see that, but he deleted the tweet I was referencing. @BreakerGirlsBB still has a tweet up saying she committed to UConn.

EDIT: I checked again, and that tweet is back up, so I'm not sure what the deal is with this.
Never mind what I posted above. The original tweet was never deleted; it's still there, as is the one from @BreakerGirlsBB. I don't see anything about Boston University.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Molly_Bent_1.jpg

Molly Bent. If true, this one comes out of nowhere!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A YouTube highlights video on her soph. year.

4 more up there too.

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Molly Bent pretty much makes Kyla Irwin seem like a household name. Obviously, Geno saw something he liked before any of the services took note of her. Hoopgurlz has her at 3 stars, the 16th ranked SG, although it seems like she's a PG on her HS team. Of course with Crystal in the same class at UConn, Molly will probably play SG. She is not even listed as a recruit from Massachusetts by Prospect's Nation, and she is unranked by Blue Star (and they go 177 deep in the class of 2016). I don't know what ASGR thinks because Bret McCormick hasn't tweeted her commitment yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Molly Bent pretty much makes Kyla Irwin seem like a household name. Obviously, Geno saw something he liked before any of the services took note of her. Hoopgurlz has her at 3 stars, the 16th ranked SG, although it seems like she's a PG on her HS team. Of course with Crystal in the same class at UConn, Molly will probably play SG. She is not even listed as a recruit from Massachusetts by Prospect's Nation, and she is unranked by Blue Star (and they go 177 deep in the class of 2016). I don't know what ASGR thinks because Bret McCormick hasn't tweeted her commitment yet.

She's be top 25 in the next rankings :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From ESPN's page:

Northeast Elite Showcase-April 2015: Cerebral combo-guard handles, attacks, distributes in uptempo; decision-maker with court awareness complemented by solid midrange game creativity; leader, playmaker. (Olson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom