Unc losing to that Texas team | The Boneyard

Unc losing to that Texas team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is pretty terrible.

Uconn rpi 25

Unc rpi 48

Stop hating on our program, we'd beat that Texas team by 20 even while being out rebounded by ten (or more)...

And without 10 mcd all americans

Texas is awful

Reaction Score
I admire the positivity but we don't beat Stonybrook, New Hapshire, and Quinnipiac by 20, so Texas seems like a bit of a stretch.

Reaction Score
Meh we always play to the supposed level of our competition. Even this uconn team would handle that Texas team easily. Nc state is much better than Texas... And the nc state game was 50/50... We could've won easily had things gone a different way. And by things I mean the terrible calls and decisions that kept nc state from being blown out in the first half at MSG.

I know it's difficult to compare this way, but that Texas team is really really bad. And by really really bad I mean really really really really bad

Reaction Score
I admire the positivity but we don't beat Stonybrook, New Hapshire, and Quinnipiac by 20, so Texas seems like a bit of a stretch.

Texas got blown out by D2 Chaminade so I'll go with what the OP said

Reaction Score
Meh we always play to the supposed level of our competition. Even this uconn team would handle that Texas team easily. Nc state is much better than Texas... And the nc state game was 50/50... We could've won easily had things gone a different way. And by things I mean the terrible calls and decisions that kept nc state from being blown out in the first half at MSG.

I know it's difficult to compare this way, but that Texas team is really really bad. And by really really bad I mean really really really really bad

Aside from arguably the worst team in division 1, UMES, we haven't "handled anyone easily" so I dont know why we'd start with Texas.

Reaction Score
Aside from arguably the worst team in division 1, UMES, we haven't "handled anyone easily" so I dont know why we'd start with Texas.

Our last win may have been over the worst team in D1, but at least we don't lose to D2. Texas is terrible this year and would not be 8-2 with our schedule.

Reaction Score
It is refreshing when schools like UNC and Kentucky have down years. It gives me hope when UConn is struggling.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is still a long ways to go this season and the team can really crud out. But I love the way KO is working with what he has. And I love the way kids have responded to him. The only player who is out of sorts is TO. OC is still trying to figure things out imo. He will be fine. Regarding Tyler, I think this is on TO as opposed to KO. Tyler starts to overplay when he gets down on himself. He's a much better player when he understands his limitations and just tries to maximize what he can do as opposed to trying to be someone he isn't. I hope he can accomplish this soon.

Reaction Score
Kabongo was suspended for the entire season yesterday, so he's not going to improve.

Imagine this program right now with Kabongo here. Ouch. College ball is such a roll of the dice these days. Lose Brandon Jennings, gain Kemba Walker. Hopefully the Kabongo/Boatright trade off will work for UConn. It already has.

Reaction Score
Kabongo was suspended for the entire season yesterday, so he's not going to improve.

Imagine this program right now with Kabongo here. Ouch. College ball is such a roll of the dice these days. Lose Brandon Jennings, gain Kemba Walker. Hopefully the Kabongo/Boatright trade off will work for UConn. It already has.

Do you mean the Jabari Hinds/Boatright trade off?

Reaction Score
Not many happy campers on the UNC message board. So far zero wins against the top100 RPI teams. Their defense has been terrible all year long. Last game they gave up 61 points in the second half to ECU as ECU cut a 18 point deficit to 4. ECU scored 87 against them.

Reaction Score
Do you mean the Jabari Hinds/Boatright trade off?

No, I meant Kabongo. UConn was one of the finalists for his services, and they went after him as a priority before Hinds/Boatright.

Reaction Score
I've watched Texas play a couple times this year and they are not very good. Might be the worst Texas team in a long time. But they made UNC look even worse last night. Come on, Roy only has 5 McDonald's AA on his roster. That's down from his usual 7 or 8! :) In all fairness UNC is relatively young and lost a lot from last year's team. A freshman is running the point for them (Paige) and their 2 best players are Bullock and McAdoo who aren't guards and need someone to get them the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom