UNC Basketball Recruiting | The Boneyard

UNC Basketball Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I believe it. They only have one 3* committed for 2016, and he's a legacy (Dad played UNC football, I think). And I think Ingram was quoted a while back that he would already be a UNC commit if it weren't for that investigation.

Reaction Score

I believe it. They only have one 3* committed for 2016, and he's a legacy (Dad played UNC football, I think). And I think Ingram was quoted a while back that he would already be a UNC commit if it weren't for that investigation.

This.

People think the NCAA will let them get off lightly (they won't), but delaying the decision is a mini-punishment in and of itself.

Reaction Score
The thing with these things, it's more often the unknown that is worse than whatever the NCAA doles out. Recruits fear postseason bans, bad teams and whatever negative recruiters fill their minds with.

Once the cloud of uncertainty is lifted, things generally improve.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if they get any sort of ban this year. As of right now they will be a top 3 team entering the 15-16 season.

Reaction Score
At this point I think it's too late to ban them for next season. You have to give the kids a chance to go somewhere else if they want to (looking at you Cuse d-bags).

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
duck* em both

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
duck* em both

They both voted for UConn to join the ACC over Louisville. Don't love them but don't hate them as much as others. I reserve venom towards FSU, Clemson, Miami and BCU. Ok. Three of those had some intelligent rational for their preference. However one is unlike the others.

Certainly that scandal at UNC is atrocious and after the way UConn was treated with the bogus APR that the NCAA retroactively applied, not many UConn fans can be sympathetic with how UNC is being treated for their transgressions. I'd feel better if some championships were removed from UNC's history. But if Cuse is an example we'll only have the satisfaction of asterisks.

I hate this. Not many people notice asterisks. At least not the casual fan.

I say duck* the NCAA. Yes NCAA ****heads I'm talking about you. Asterisks do s***. Observe how ineffectual these symbols are. I repeat you are a bunch of $##^%&*TT************* morons. Asterisks don't give people the same satisfaction that genuine justice would provide. Fortunately Husky Nation doesn't have to settle for *'s to get justice. We got the satisfaction of watching your smug*** face Emmert while you had to stand next to our guy Bazz as he quieted the stadium and said "This is what happens when you BAN US!!!!! We are the Hungry Huskies!!!" I say we eat NCAA***********ers for breakfast you ***************er turd Emmert!

If any poster is offended because there appears to be a lot of profanity in the previous paragraph, I assure you with the same degree of integrity that exists within that austere institution called the NCAA, this appearance is purely coincidental. After all, wasn't the NCAA correct in taking the position that non athletes attended African Studies at UNC and therefore the problem was not an NCAA issue? And wasn't the reaction by the general public primarily in agreement with the NCAA at the time of the ruling? So asterisks are as unimportant as symbolic gestures of justice in that we the beholders interpret them as we see fit. And frequently we interpret both of them incorrectly.

Reaction Score
They both voted for UConn to join the ACC over Louisville. Don't love them but don't hate them as much as others. I reserve venom towards FSU, Clemson, Miami and BCU. Ok. Three of those had some intelligent rational for their preference. However one is unlike the others.

Certainly that scandal at UNC is atrocious and after the way UConn was treated with the bogus APR that the NCAA retroactively applied, not many UConn fans can be sympathetic with how UNC is being treated for their transgressions. I'd feel better if some championships were removed from UNC's history. But if Cuse is an example we'll only have the satisfaction of asterisks.

I hate this. Not many people notice asterisks. At least not the casual fan.

I say duck* the NCAA. Yes NCAA ****heads I'm talking about you. Asterisks do s***. Observe how ineffectual these symbols are. I repeat you are a bunch of $##^%&*TT************* morons. Asterisks don't give people the same satisfaction that genuine justice would provide. Fortunately Husky Nation doesn't have to settle for *'s to get justice. We got the satisfaction of watching your smug*** face Emmert while you had to stand next to our guy Bazz as he quieted the stadium and said "This is what happens when you BAN US!!!!! We are the Hungry Huskies!!!" I say we eat NCAA***********ers for breakfast you ***************er turd Emmert!

If any poster is offended because there appears to be a lot of profanity in the previous paragraph, I assure you with the same degree of integrity that exists within that austere institution called the NCAA, this appearance is purely coincidental. After all, wasn't the NCAA correct in taking the position that non athletes attended African Studies at UNC and therefore the problem was not an NCAA issue? And wasn't the reaction by the general public primarily in agreement with the NCAA at the time of the ruling? So asterisks are as unimportant as symbolic gestures of justice in that we the beholders interpret them as we see fit. And frequently we interpret both of them incorrectly.
Bryan Price is that you?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
This.

People think the NCAA will let them get off lightly (they won't), but delaying the decision is a mini-punishment in and of itself.

Mini-punishment? Pffft.

Folks don't generally take this long to deliberate punishment - they take this much time to formulate their rationale for not doling out punishment...

Reaction Score
Mini-punishment? Pffft.

Folks don't generally take this long to deliberate punishment - they take this much time to formulate their rationale for not doling out punishment...
You'll end up being wrong.

If there's one thing the NCAA is consistent with, it's caving to public pressure. There's so much out there about the UNC scandal that the NCAA has no choice but to punish them harshly.

Reaction Score
This has got to bode well for NC State too. They just snuck a kid from Kentucky and have some big time recent crystal balls for '16. If they ever got a coach they'd become a real threat.

Reaction Score
Emmert's language recently seems as though he's trying to play PR before the fact as a very light punishment for UNC is coming down the pike.

UNC should receive SMU type treatment.

Reaction Score
This has got to bode well for NC State too. They just snuck a kid from Kentucky and have some big time recent crystal balls for '16. If they ever got a coach they'd become a real threat.

Gottfried is a great coach and I don't know why he gets such a bad reputation.
NC State was god awful for 6 years before he shows up. Has brought them to the tourney each of the 4 years he's been there including 2 Sweet16s. He had success at Alabama as well.

Although, Purvis knows all:cool:

Reaction Score
Gottfried is a great coach and I don't know why he gets such a bad reputation.
NC State was god awful for 6 years before he shows up. Has brought them to the tourney each of the 4 years he's been there including 2 Sweet16s. He had success at Alabama as well.

Although, Purvis knows all:cool:
Haha, uh, no. He's an excellent recruiter and a horrendous basketball coach.

He also has a hard time staying away from the coeds everywhere he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom