Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's dyslexic. He's not trying to get them into the ACC. He meant AAC.

Reaction Score
He's dyslexic. He's not trying to get them into the ACC. He meant AAC.

Dyslexia is one possibility--but it's too concise and logical to be any fun. I was thinking that he might know the UVa and GTech to the B1G rumor is true and a couple of slots are opening up...

Reaction Score
I dunno, the WEEI Springfield person who responded to the tweet typed "a BIG welcome to Amherst..." UMass to the B10 seems to be in the works.

pj

Reaction Score
I dunno, the WEEI Springfield person who responded to the tweet typed "a BIG welcome to Amherst..." UMass to the B10 seems to be in the works.

Or the Big Sky. Or Big South.

Reaction Score
That WEEI person needs to get back on his meds! I am pretty happy with the hire and the guy seems to be a good fit, but let's get serious. I'm still hoping to take your place in the AAC.

Reaction Score
They're joking. UMass is definitely not going from being kicked out of the MAC to being invited to the B1G or ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Seriously, when has some northeastern state school with funding issues and no following ever been invited to a major conference?

Reaction Score
Looks like he will be working his ACC channels hard. Apparently he wasn't told that he is now sharing space with the school that shall not be named.
wait, the ACC only has 5 lacrosse programs?

Ryan Bamford‏@UMassADBamford 11h11 hours ago
@CoachKimel Thanks Coach Kimel -- happy to be headed back to a school with lacrosse! Good luck this spring! #ACC

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I like this UMass guy... For now anyway. I appreciate self-deprecating humor.

Reaction Score
I like this UMass guy... For now anyway. I appreciate self-deprecating humor.

Thanks...UMass grad and worked at UMass from graduation until very recently( thank you Gov. Patrick for the golden handshake!!). I have no delusions about my school. I've said on this board before, I think UConn made solid decisions over the past couple of decades while UMass balked. Unfortunately in today's college athletic landscape, I fear there is no catching up at this point.
My wife is a UConn girl. We have season tickets to both UMass and UConn football. We make it to quite a few basketball games for both schools. We make all the games where we play each other (soccer, w. lacrosse, softball...etc.) Obviously there are heated discussions in our house from time to time, but overall it's all fun.
I'm an old guy, so I have fond memories of the Yankee conference. I liked UConn from even before my days at UMass.

Reaction Score
Looks like he will be working his ACC channels hard. Apparently he wasn't told that he is now sharing space with the school that shall not be named.
wait, the ACC only has 5 lacrosse programs?

Ryan Bamford‏@UMassADBamford 11h11 hours ago
@CoachKimel Thanks Coach Kimel -- happy to be headed back to a school with lacrosse! Good luck this spring! #ACC

They used to have four, and then brought in Cuse/Notre Dame when Maryland took off. I still think that bringing back D1 lacrosse would have a small but actual effect in making us more attractive to the ACC and B1G.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No following? C'mon, we got the Athol and Belchertown markets locked!!
If the ACC added UMass, they could get a foothold in the Boston market. :D

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
UMass is so far behind the P5 when it comes to facilities and funding, I am not sure that they could ever get to a P5 level, especially with the lukewarm support from Beacon Hill, which passed a $1 billion spending boot; but, for the entire UMass system. Half of that may go to building dorms at UMass Boston as part of Boston's Olympic bid.

Of course, BC may support the idea as UMass is absolutely no threat to them and it would effectively stab UConn in the face again.

Reaction Score
I needed to use Internet Explorer to view this particular thread, which is odd because I think I started using Google Chrome because I couldn't view the Boneyard very well with Internet Explorer. For some reason, I can't view this thread with Google Chrome. What gives?

Reaction Score
I needed to use Internet Explorer to view this particular thread, which is odd because I think I started using Google Chrome because I couldn't view the Boneyard very well with Internet Explorer. For some reason, I can't view this thread with Google Chrome. What gives?

Yeah, there are few random pages that crash if you open them with Chrome. I'm not sure what's up with that.

Reaction Score
A technical glitch, perhaps caused by the thread title containing both UMass and ACC, a combo which would surely cause UCONN nation to implode.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
A technical glitch, perhaps caused by the thread title containing both UMass and ACC, a combo which would surely cause UCONN nation to implode.

I'm waiting for BCU to try to break the Internet to make the "UConn to the B1G!!!!!!" thread disappear when it finally happens.

Reaction Score
I've always had a soft spot for the Minutemen. Now if they could just field a football team for the remaining 59 minutes...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I have a soft spot for any school willing to call their players Minutemen and for anyone willing to put on any piece of clothing that says that on it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I have a soft spot for any school willing to call their players Minutemen and for anyone willing to put on any piece of clothing that says that on it.

Yeah, but it's a earth-shattering, mind-blowing, life altering minute!!:eek:

See how I went from self deprecating to having an over inflated sense of self worth in a drop of a hat?

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
If the ACC added UMass, they could get a foothold in the Boston market. :D

The irony is that if they took UMass for a foothold in Boston, we could sell them UConn for a third and bigger foothold in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom