Um, not quite SMU | The Boneyard

Um, not quite SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
guy saying they'd be in but the conference held them back
He didn't quite say that. He was saying the committee discounted the conference, and that SMU had holes in its resume, which is not inaccurate. If they were in CUSA with a similar resume they'd still be out, I think.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
According to the Committee NC State was the last team in:

21-13, RPI of 55 (< - NC State)
23-9, RPI of 53 ( < - SMU)
27-6, RPI of 33 ( < - USM)

I'd put both USM and SMU in before them...

Reaction Score
If they beat Houston in the AAC tourney they'd be dancing. Like every denied bubble team out there that has a complaint, they controlled their own destiny and can't complain too much.

You lose to the teams below and you're gonna have a hard time getting much sympathy...
South Florida (227)
Houston (143)
Temple (179)

Losing to USF was like losing to Hartford or Brown.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about our conference but I've accepted that SMU are our brothers and seeing those pics did not make me feel to good. I hope they stomp on all NIT teams, but we all know such disappointment is hard to overcome.

The next best thing is for the rest of us (and now Tulsa) do damage to the extent we get representation in the Sweet 16 and in the FF (other than Ville). Go shock recruits and the world!

I am now rooting for AAC teams and am their number one fan. Of course until we change conferences.

Who's with me?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
According to the Committee NC State was the last team in:

21-13, RPI of 55 (< - NC State)
23-9, RPI of 53 ( < - SMU)
27-6, RPI of 33 ( < - USM)

I'd put both USM and SMU in before them...

I wouldn't. NC State beat Pittsburgh and Tennessee on the road and Syracuse on a neutral site. They definitely should have beaten both Syracuse in the Carrier Dome and North Carolina at home. They also played a much tougher OOC schedule.

Southern Miss isn't any good either. They just game the RPI by played DII team and a bunch of road games. They only played 3 OOC games at home! That is the definitely of gaming the system. Shouldn't be anywhere near the bubble.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
A). 21-13, RPI of 55, wins over Cuse, Pitt, Tennessee
B). 23-9, RPI of 53, wins over UConnx2, Cincy, Memphis

I'd still take team B, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about our conference but I've accepted that SMU are our brothers and seeing those pics did not make me feel to good. I hope they stomp on all NIT teams, but we all know such disappointment is hard to overcome.

The next best thing is for the rest of us (and now Tulsa) do damage to the extent we get representation in the Sweet 16 and in the FF (other than Ville). Go shock recruits and the world!

I am now rooting for AAC teams and am their number one fan. Of course until we change conferences.

Who's with me?

Agreed. The problem is it's basically impossible for the AAC to do well when 3 out of the 4 teams we sent to the dance are in the same region.

Little wonder that Louisville was the only team to splinter off by itself, as they're the ones who ultimately make the ACC look good, not the American.

Reaction Score

Who's with me?

I used to root conference back in the Big East days. I'm done with rooting conference. ck them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom