Uh oh | The Boneyard

Uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if the "coach in waiting leaves", than syracuse will be stuck in the same position UConn was just in recruiting wise in calhoun's final years. Recruits will be leary of committing to a coach who could retire (or worse) at any moment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's perfect in just so many ways.

FWIW, I would not want to Moore up there. He's a decent recruiter.

Reaction Score
if he leaves to bc can he go back to cuse when whats his face retire? i remember being an issue in the BE about hiring coaches from same conference school

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
if the "coach in waiting leaves", than syracuse will be stuck in the same position UConn was just in recruiting wise in calhoun's final years. Recruits will be leary of committing to a coach who could retire (or worse) at any moment.
Do you really think kids are lining up for a chance to play for Mike Hopkins if JB steps down? I can't imagine the coach in waiting is helping them at all.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
jleves said:
Do you really think kids are lining up for a chance to play for Mike Hopkins if JB steps down? I can't imagine the coach in waiting is helping them at all.

This. I want Hopkins at Syracuse. He is well schooled in Boeheim suckitude, and will continue the orange tradition of doing less with more.

Hopkins leaves and when jb retires they could actually get someone who can coach.dont want that.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
if he leaves to bc can he go back to cuse when whats his face retire? i remember being an issue in the BE about hiring coaches from same conference school
ACC schools have hired away coaches from BC whenever they felt the need. It may look bad, but the ACC appears not to care much about how it's perceived.

Reaction Score
Well he is their main recruiter and the biggest reason along with the Melo Center that their recruiting has improved over the last few years. Do you think kids are lining up because they want to play zone for the nose picker in a giant dump stadium?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This. I want Hopkins at Syracuse. He is well schooled in Boeheim suckitude, and will continue the orange tradition of doing less with more.

Hopkins leaves and when jb retires they could actually get someone who can coach.dont want that.

Agree, Hopkins to BC would be terrible news. BC can find someone else who sucks.

Reaction Score
I can see JB throwing Hoppy under the bus next year before an ACC reunion game next year…………..

Or leaving the Roberts Center in Boston after a triple OT win over BC next year….JB saying after the game "This is why the ACC is the best and always was and will be. For us to come in here and find a way to get a W in front of their raucous FAN is something I will lever forget. And to find a way to make a play against that BC 2-3 zone…….amazing, simply amazing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom