Ugliest Game ! | The Boneyard

Ugliest Game !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this the type of rugby match , uh, basketball game that wcbb wants to promote ?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In 3 days no one will remember the slog this was.

Scoreboard!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not as ugly as the win against Stanford.

Besides, who cares? WE WON!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Ugly? Maybe, but still prettier than anything the men throw out there.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was ugly. It definitely took time for us to get going, though.
But we won so that overrides it!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I don't think it was ugly at all... it was sloooooooowed down deliberately - Muffet and Co. did had a create game plan: for UConn into half court offense.

UConn played fierce defense in response... and if Morgan hadn't missed most every layup the team would have shot 50%

Reaction Score
Is this the type of rugby match , uh, basketball game that wcbb wants to promote ?

Y'ALL and especially MAGIC who initiated this thread: my sense is that MAGIC was not knocking our play in any way shape or form, but that he/she was simply drawing a parallel between tonight's game and the ugly scrums of men's "basketball." Though I agree with his lament as far as the big picture of the women's game goes, I did NOT feel that ND was particularly dirty tonight. I thought that, for the most part, they played hard nosed defense that was well coached/designed.

Not saying it was a garden party. Basketball is a really rough sport, with pads on only the knees as best. But compared to tonight, the Rutgers and Maryland players, and therefore their coaches, are the ones who should be called out by those concerned about the future of this very precious American game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Y'ALL and especially MAGIC who initiated this thread: my sense is that MAGIC was not knocking our play in any way shape or form, but that he/she was simply drawing a parallel between tonight's game and the ugly scrums of men's "basketball." Though I agree with his lament as far as the big picture of the women's game goes, I did NOT feel that ND was particularly dirty tonight. I thought that, for the most part, they played hard nosed defense that was well coached/designed.

Not saying it was a garden party. Basketball is a really rough sport, with pads on only the knees as best. But compared to tonight, the Rutgers and Maryland players, and therefore their coaches, are the ones who should be called out by those concerned about the future of this very precious American game.

Sometimes an appropriate response is not immediately forthcoming. The choice of words and the context should be disturbing to most of us here.

Duly noted ~ HuskyNan

Reaction Score

Thank you winlot. That's exactly what I was referring to. Especially after all the talk of " how to improve " the game all week! KML is a strong physical player, so when you see her being moved out of the block, you know their is some physical play.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
How can two great teams playing tough basketball at the highest level of defense in the close game som many people wanted ever get ugly? What is ugly is the situation that UConn is in that if they win an NC game by 90-60 there are a lot of fans who will post that the game was boring, and if they scrap to a 63-53 win the same fans will say it was ugly. There may be somewhere in between that would satisfy these fans, but probably not.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This game was UConn showing it could win a "tough it out " game against a quality. well prepared opponent. No it wasn't pretty, but for a change a team defended us almost as well as we defended them. As usual, our D won the game, and our O determined by how much. A 10-13 point lead with under 3 to go is not really a nail biter. Great win, another great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom