UConnHuskyGames: Recent Uploads | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConnHuskyGames: Recent Uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A new upload on the site of the game Geno once called the worst of his career. After re watching it I can see why!

NC State played bad. We played worse. It must have been painful for Geno to have such a winnable game to go to the Final 4 yet his team was so banged up (Shea and Nykesha out for year, Sveta hurt her foot the game earlier) that it did them in. And we still probably should have won. 4 seasons in 5 (1997, 1998, 1999, and 2001) during that time period injuries cost the team Final 4's and maybe more championships. We should be very thankful that since 2001, the basketball Gods have been far kinder to us in regards to injuries. It's the worst to have your season end because injuries caught up with you. Especially when your ranked so high at the time and had potential to go further. If you lose, you want it to be because the other team just flat beat you. Besides the 2008 season with Mel and Kalana we have pretty much avoided that. And when we do avoid it, championships follow.

Reaction Score
A new upload on the site of the game Geno once called the worst of his career. After re watching it I can see why!

NC State played bad. We played worse. It must have been painful for Geno to have such a winnable game to go to the Final 4 yet his team was so banged up (Shea and Nykesha out for year, Sveta hurt her foot the game earlier) that it did them in. And we still probably should have won. 4 seasons in 5 (1997, 1998, 1999, and 2001) during that time period injuries cost the team Final 4's and maybe more championships. We should be very thankful that since 2001, the basketball Gods have been far kinder to us in regards to injuries. It's the worst to have your season end because injuries caught up with you. Especially when your ranked so high at the time and had potential to go further. If you lose, you want it to be because the other team just flat beat you. Besides the 2008 season with Mel and Kalana we have pretty much avoided that. And when we do avoid it, championships follow.

Long Island, NY Sweets? Emotionally that season was among the worst to me. I hated to see Svetlana not playing--a great UConn player-for a Russian. She did more to thaw the cold war than all the political BS (at least in Ct).

Reaction Score
the 1st Uconn game I got to see was January 16th 2006 vs LSU when Charde Houston went off for 22 point and 14 rebounds. UconnHuskygames is a great website, anytime I can see Diana play in college its a real treat!

Reaction Score

Probably my most favorite game--THANK YOU!!! I'm connecting this to my LED TV and watch it in grand style. My TV is so smart it won't let me know how to do anything. Much like my dog.
Thank you ever so much. My next great game, a loss to ND, but it was superb for 39.9 minutes--the game KML twisted her ankle (I got that one). I like the mugging Diggy did for the camera--because she hid her face in the NC as they were losing. Don't ever cheer too much when you win --losing is such great pay back...
Thank you

Reaction Score
Again, I ask, beg, cajole and plead for anyone to find the Uconn vs Kentucky 2013 NCAA Regional Final.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The game I want is the DT-Vs Minnesota and Whalen--don't remember the year, abt 2005/6 great game I had it and lost it.
Is that available??

I have most of the others on DVD, with commericals and all---lots of DVDs that you probably have streamed already.
I know this problem is solved but DT graduated in 2004

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I really covet the "Game of the Perfect Half" - aka, 2002 Tourney game v. ODU.

What's fun is re-watching games (many of which I have no memory) and listening to the commentators....comment on players and teams and coaches. It's a new form of Monday Night quarterbacking.

Reaction Score
I've been hoping to find a copy of the original TV broadcast of the Dec 2010 Florida State game that broke the winning streak record. On the original broadcast they showed the entire player intros uninterrupted with a camera on the starters as they waited for their name to be called. The intensity in Maya's eyes as she moved in her seat to the intro music really struck me and the Maya went on to have that amazing performance in that game. It's something that's normally never shown on a broadcast except the National Championship game, but that has a completely different vibe. I kept it on the dvr and would go back and watch those few minutes of player introductions, but I lost it when a cable repairman swapped out cable boxes. I have a recording taken from ESPN3 of that game, but that section was not included with the archive of the game probably because of music rights issues with the intro song.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That FSU game (#89 in a row) was pretty special. I managed spectacular seats for this game by splurging on StubHub and ended up in Section 114, Row D. Everyone was there: Senator-elect Blumenthal, governor-elect Malloy, BCS coach Randy Edsall, and fellow UConn ballers Tina Charles ( a big part of those 89 games herself) and Kemba Walker (one row ahead of me and a few months ahead of winning the 2011 men's NC). And of course I got a great view of those 41 points from Maya and Geno's kiss on the cheek of Bria Hartley.

Not tryng to brag here- just a really fond set of memories I'd love to relive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom