UConnHuskyGames.com: UConn at Notre Dame | The Boneyard

UConnHuskyGames.com: UConn at Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing our home crowd provide more noise than this away crowd did that day at ND Stadium.

Reaction Score
I was congratulated by more ND fans than I can remember. I think they were happy that we drove the final nail into the Weis coffin.

My uncle (a ND fan) invited me out for the game, and when he picked me up at the airport he asked me, "what do I need to know about Uconn?" I looked at him and said: Jordan Todman.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will never forget that game for as long I live. When Greg Lloyd knocked off Armando Allen's golden helmet and hearing the collective "OH!" from the crowd, that's when I knew we arrived (aside: @Doggie Style - I like your avatar). And I must have been along side @Durks07 walking back to the parking lot because I think about a dozen ND fans congratulated me after the game too.

Reaction Score
I will never forget that game for as long I live. When Greg Lloyd knocked off Armando Allen's golden helmet and hearing the collective "OH!" from the crowd, that's when I knew we arrived (aside: @Doggie Style - I like your avatar). And I must have been along side @Durks07 walking back to the parking lot because I think about a dozen ND fans congratulated me after the game too.

My uncle warned me that I might be in for a hard time because I was wearing the opposing teams colors. I just said "I'm from New England, I'll be fine." I was bracing for the worst s*** talk imaginable, but the Notre Dame fans (credit to them) could not have been nicer and more cordial.

Reaction Score
My uncle warned me that I might be in for a hard time because I was wearing the opposing teams colors. I just said "I'm from New England, I'll be fine." I was bracing for the worst s*** talk imaginable, but the Notre Dame fans (credit to them) could not have been nicer and more cordial.

Never forget walking up to the gate in UConn gear and the usher taking our tickets and saying "Welcome to Notre Dame Football "...

Reaction Score
I walked into the Notre Dame bookstore on Friday before this game to discover all employees wearing "6" pins in honor of Jasper Howard. When I told one what a great gesture this was, she replied, "here, have my pin". Heartfelt.

I wore my Navy 6 Jazz t-shirt to the game. Walking around the campus, at least 10 ND fans maybe more, came up to me and said welcome to South Bend, we are sorry for your loss! Based on how they treated us there, it's hard for me to have a negative opinion about ND.

Reaction Score
By the third Qtr of that game the ND fans kmew that trouble was on the horizon. In the 4th Qtr the Uconn fans let loose with consecutive U C O N N .... Chants, and the look of the ND fans from the lower bowl staring up at us was priceless!!! They had a "what the hell is going on?" Look of panic on their faces...... Classic!

Reaction Score
I don't get to many games since i've been in Columbus, OH and now San Antonio, but this was one I wasn't gonna miss and it didn't disappoint (i.e. Michigan....).

- Nicest fans I've ever met: Meanest thing anyone said was "Isn't Yukon in Canada??"

- Beautiful campus. Blew my mind a little bit.

- Greg Lloyd's helmet crushing hit at the goal line right at our end. And Todman doing Touchdown Jesus.

- Previous posters are correct, loudest I've ever heard UConn fans. Remember the one cheerleader who would wiggle her booty before she'd hold up her "U" sign?

- Didn't somebody give Jimmy Clausen a black eye in a bar after the game? or is my memory way off??

Oh, and my wife was rather tipsy and came back from the bathroom with a long toilet paper train hanging out of her waistband, which is a top 5 wife moment for me.

Reaction Score
Holding calls in final minutes are still mind boggling. Edsall's clock management before FG try also mind boggling.

Underrated ridiculous officiating decision:
2nd OT, 3rd and 1 for UConn - Dixon runs, is tackled and comes down right on the 15 yard line. The ball is spotted on the 15 and the officials call for a measurement.

This was overtime, though, so the drive started right on the 25. If the ball is on the 15, it's clearly a first down. Instead, the officials gave the ND defense a little rest as they brought out the chains and confirmed that moving the ball from the 25 to the 15 means the team picked up 10 yards.

Still, a great game. Overcoming those holding calls and the questionable decision above made it all the more satisfying to watch.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
That road trip to South Bend was a riot.
Four of us 36 year old UConn / Kappa Sigma Alumni made the drive. And randomly met others that we knew outside in the lot.
It seemed like everyone was there as we kept running into people we knew.
We pulled into the tailgate at 7:00 am and put our heads down in our hotel beds at 3:30 am next morning after running wild through South Bend bars and clubs after.
So much exciting nonsense and a huge win in between.

Everything that is being recollected above happened in some form or another with us.
The Notre Dame fans were very welcoming and proud to have us there.
Even to the point of being told that we couldn't go into a club because we had hats and hoodies on but "come on in anyway because you beat us" and not being charged cover.

I bought the game program in the lot and it came with a cool folded game poster which I had framed and hung in my sons room.

I'll never forget that weekend.

Reaction Score
Probably my favorite game I ever attended in any sport.
Everyone was nice, although this one b*(#* had an attitude toward me and my friends when were going in the stadium, even made fun of my beautiful hat. Which was odd because she was a midwestern girl and my hat was sweet. I could tell her boyfriend was embarassed to be with her.

I asked her to make sure she showed her face in the exact spot after the game so she could congratulate me on a UConn win. She never showed.

Everyone who was there will remember after they left their seats and started going down the big ramps inside the stadium, the U-C-O-N-N chants bouncing off the concrete made it probably the loudest UConn chants I've ever heard in my life. If MSG is Storrs South, South Bend was Storrs West after that game.

Reaction Score
Probably my favorite game I ever attended in any sport.
Everyone was nice, although this one b*(#* had an attitude toward me and my friends when were going in the stadium, even made fun of my beautiful hat. Which was odd because she was a midwestern girl and my hat was sweet. I could tell her boyfriend was embarassed to be with her.

I asked her to make sure she showed her face in the exact spot after the game so she could congratulate me on a UConn win. She never showed.

Everyone who was there will remember after they left their seats and started going down the big ramps inside the stadium, the U-C-O-N-N chants bouncing off the concrete made it probably the loudest UConn chants I've ever heard in my life. If MSG is Storrs South, South Bend was Storrs West after that game.

I posted one of those chants from the ramps,on YouTube that night. Still gives me chills.....

Reaction Score
Annoying how they kept mentioning Cuse went in there and beat them on Senior Day on the year before. Cheapens it.

Reaction Score

HAH! I'm in that ramp video, I walk around the corner around the 7 second mark with my buddy who took the Phalen Express with me, I have a 33 jersey on and he's in a notre dame jersey and hat.

Two more memorable parts for me; a drunk coed ripping on me going into the game, i made some dumb comment like how do you make 80,000 people cry at the same time..wait till the en dof this game. And talking to a ND fan sitting next to me, after our first series he reminded me why they got rid of Frazer and how they made adjustments to stop the run so it was going to be a long day for us. He didn't leave happy and wouldn't shake my hand at the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom