UConn @ Yale, today @3:30 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Yale, today @3:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The seniors get nothing going in the top of the first and now an error, another bunt single given up and Yale a 4-15 team has an early 4-0 lead in first inning and still batting on the freshman Nastasi. I get they are trying to give the young pitcher some action but to me in a must win situation to give a guy his first action of the season as a start instead of in relief in maybe a big lead situation is debatable. Not sure why Butler is not being used as a starter in mid week games tis year?

Reaction Score
Sounds like UConn is facing another 1st team all-american pitcher today.

Reaction Score
If we lose to the boola-boola boys we probably can kiss any post season action good bye

Reaction Score
9-0 Yale. Unless there is a great comeback kiss the post season goodbye unless they win the Big East Tourney. No excuse for this performance. At this point he should put in all bench players that barely see any action as they really couldn't play any worse. Try to get a point accross. This is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Sunberg just got picked off first losing 9-1. How? Why? I'm sorry some of this has to be on the coaches.

Reaction Score
12-1 Yale. 3 walks in the inning and now a single and error on Ferriter in CF. This team is playing with no passion or heart. Bench as many as you can and get someone in there who will give max effort.

Reaction Score
If we lose to the boola-boola boys we probably can kiss any post season action good bye

Not if we win BE.

Team is indeed frustrating to watch/listen to...

Reaction Score
I have to say also that Moore his last 2 outings has hit 3 batters and been wild. Not looking good for our closer going forward either.

Reaction Score
To think I was looking forward to these midweek games to see how the freshmen and other little used pitchers would fare. This one was a total meltdown from everyone. One or two losses don't knock you out of the NCAA's, but it's hard to be optimistic after this week. The drop in the rpi has been alarming. UConn needs to go on a long winning streak to make up this ground, but you can't count on that the way they are playing.

Anyway, UConn baseball will have to start the turnaround without me listening for the next week. I'm off to New Orleans for the next week. I suspect most of you can figure out why.

Reaction Score
To think I was looking forward to these midweek games to see how the freshmen and other little used pitchers would fare. This one was a total meltdown from everyone. One or two losses don't knock you out of the NCAA's, but it's hard to be optimistic after this week. The drop in the rpi has been alarming. UConn needs to go on a long winning streak to make up this ground, but you can't count on that the way they are playing.

Anyway, UConn baseball will have to start the turnaround without me listening for the next week. I'm off to New Orleans for the next week. I suspect most of you can figure out why.

Hankering for po-boys and beignets??

Bring 'em luck.

Reaction Score
Hankering for po-boys and beignets??

Bring 'em luck.

I suspect my wife will have us on a beignet search soon after we get off the plane. It's certainly not a bad way to begin the trip.

Reaction Score
Yale's biggest fans are their own baseball players. We lose badly to people who just play for the love of the game (and their Ivy League egos). Few Yale hockey team members were there and gave the team a standing ovation after the bottom of the 6th and left. They were even cheering on the bullpen catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom