UConn would have to learn how to cheat to join the ACC | The Boneyard

UConn would have to learn how to cheat to join the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here is a link on a article by Mike (BC) DiMauro ...
http://www.theday.com/article/20141102/SPORT01/311029933/1156

Here is a link of Duke's response on Mike's article...
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-rips-north-carolina-syracuse-and-the-new-acc

This is why we are not in ACC. It's upsets me to no end when the actions of a few affects the betterment for all of us at UConn. After reading what Duke says about UConn ...Nothing can come good out this for us.

B1G harder!!!
Some Duke blogger dipshit has a low opinion of us? Meaningless.

Reaction Score
I thought it was strange that DiMauro wrote that story. He's a BC fan, not a UConn fan, so I don't think he wrote it with any great conviction. Obviously the Duke writer doesn't know that DiMauro is a BC fan. Someone who is on twitter should let him know.

And this has nothing to do with why we aren't in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I thought it was strange that DiMauro wrote that story. He's a BC fan, not a UConn fan, so I don't think he wrote it with any great conviction. Obviously the Duke writer doesn't know that DiMauro is a BC fan. Someone who is on twitter should let him know.

And this has nothing to do with why we aren't in the ACC.

Remarks in articles like this don't help either

Reaction Score
There is so much hypocrisy. But it will be fun watching the chips fall and just how much the NCAA, ESPN, and the ACC will collude to brush the dirt. Emeka. Kemba. Burrell. At least we can name some scholar athletes. The ACC is not where we want to be.

Reaction Score
Some Duke blogger dip has a low opinion of us? Meaningless.

I'd be pissed if I was 1-4 against us since the Bush Administration (the first Bush Administration), too.

Reaction Score
Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas, and a half dozen other duke scandals.

Reaction Score
What ND hypocrisy? How many schools would suspend for a year the QB that took them to the BCS Championship Game his freshman year because he cheated on a exam?

Would Southern Cal? Alabama? LSU? Auburn? Oklahoma? You would not even have heard about it at most schools.

This year, five players (including three starters) were suspended for a year for getting help (one of the player's girlfriend is a grad student) in writing a paper. What the hell does the original author want?

Contrast ND's response to North Carolina's response. The two situations and reactions to same are not even in the same league, let alone the same ballpark.

Reaction Score
What ND hypocrisy? How many schools would suspend for a year the QB that took them to the BCS Championship Game his freshman year because he cheated on a exam?

Would Southern Cal? Alabama? LSU? Auburn? Oklahoma? You would not even have heard about it at most schools.

This year, five players (including three starters) were suspended for a year for getting help (one of the player's girlfriend is a grad student) in writing a paper. What the hell does the original author want?

Contrast ND's response to North Carolina's response. The two situations and reactions to same are not even in the same league, let alone the same ballpark.

Trouble is you're are rubbing shoulders with them. Lay down with fleas...

The ACC made a sweetheart deal for ND, so you sold a little of your soul to accept it.

pj

Reaction Score
Kudos to Notre Dame for having some integrity. Hope the Irish can keep it. Integrity didn't work out so well at UConn, it was seen as an opportunity to make up new retroactive rules and kill us.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Kudos to Notre Dame for having some integrity. Hope the Irish can keep it. Integrity didn't work out so well at UConn, it was seen as an opportunity to make up new retroactive rules and kill us.

Amen, brotherman. UCONN's mistake(s) with their APR and other issues was self-reporting them. In hindsight, UCONN probably should have enrolled that 2005-06 team (along with a few stars from the 90s who left early for the NBA) in some "Introduction to Napping 101" classes to meet minimum APR standards. Probably wouldn't have hurt our CR chances at the time either.

Reaction Score
Although I dislike Duke very much, I've always respected it as a top institution. Ivy-league like academics, excellent athletics. I see it has a $7 billion endowment. Duke's biggest partner has been a fraud. Recent additions have only harmed the reputation of the ACC. Perhaps Duke is the program which should be looking for a more respectable home in the B1G.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Although I dislike Duke very much, I've always respected it as a top institution. Ivy-league like academics, excellent athletics. I see it has a $7 billion endowment. Duke's biggest partner has been a fraud. Recent additions have only harmed the reputation of the ACC. Perhaps Duke is the program which should be looking for a more respectable home in the B1G.

I get what you're saying but Duke is not public nor is it a flagship. Not a good fit for the B1G. Their best hope is to push for some sort of ethics reform inside their own conference. And that will probably be difficult given the amount of criminal/fraudulent activity that is going on in the ACC. Bringing in the shady likes of Louisville only gives the Criminoles, Syracuse, UNCs etc another potential partner in crime. Literally.

Reaction Score
Could this scandal loosen the strong tie that UNC and UVA have enough so that UVA might listen to a call from the B1G now?

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying but Duke is not public nor is it a flagship. Not a good fit for the B1G. Their best hope is to push for some sort of ethics reform inside their own conference. And that will probably difficult given the amount of criminal/fraudulent activity that is going on in the ACC. Bringing in the shady likes of Louisville only gives the Criminoles, Syracuse, UNCs etc another potential partner in crime. Literally.
I agree, although it is very similar to Northwestern, and that is not a bad thing. And Duke has a very large national following, so if the B1G can't get ND, Duke is not a bad, option. Duke and VPI or UVA.

Reaction Score
Articles like that make us look pathetically jealous and in no way help our situation.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I agree, although it is very similar to Northwestern, and that is not a bad thing. And Duke has a very large national following, so if the B1G can't get ND, Duke is not a bad, option. Duke and UCONN.

Fixed. :)

Reaction Score
Articles like that make us look pathetically jealous and in no way help our situation.
Articles like that reflect one man's opinion and have no bearing whatsoever on our situation. Besides, he speaks the truth.

Reaction Score
Us? The article is written by a BC guy who has made fun of UConn at every turn.
Well according to the article he's representing "the sports fans of Connecticut" and including himself among those who would like to see UConn break into the P5.

I dunno. To me this is just whining and whether he's a fan of UConn or not, I don't like to see the UConn name tied to news articles that make us all look bitter. Even if we are.

pj

Reaction Score
We don't look that bitter since the fan Twitter quotes he included unanimously said they'd like to be in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Well according to the article he's representing "the sports fans of Connecticut" and including himself among those who would like to see UConn break into the P5.

I dunno. To me this is just whining and whether he's a fan of UConn or not, I don't like to see the UConn name tied to news articles that make us all look bitter. Even if we are.

The subtext of the article is that the guy is taking potshots at UConn, UNC, FSU, and Notre Dame, in order to explain away how lousy BC is at sports.

Reaction Score

The subtext of the article is that the guy is taking potshots at UConn, UNC, FSU, and Notre Dame, in order to explain away how lousy BC is at sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom