UConn women | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy what a bunch of asswipes. Are you mushroom caps KIDDING me ? Second game of the year AT the #6 team in the country replacing two All Americans with freshmen and they suck because they lost by 2 in overtime ? Unreal. If you had ANY balls at all, you'd go to the women's board with this petty pissant bull$hit so the women's fans could tell you themselves what kind of s you are.

Unreal.

I'll be shocked if they lose another game all year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the women's program has brought a great deal of exposure and pride to UConn, I love looking at all those banners in the rafters and I love watching UConn win the gold medal in the Olympics every four years. This year's team will find it's way. Losing in OT on the home court of one of the best teams in the nation is not so horrible

but what is horrible is how they lost and how dumb they were down the stretch. Very uncharacteristic for them

for me the worst play may have happened with 1.6 seconds left, the inbounds pass in the back-court and then the pass back to the inbounder who then dribbled out the clock

the game was over at that point, and they made a lot of poor decisions before that play that cost them the game, but that play was as stupid a play as I've ever seen

Reaction Score
Embarrasing for who?
You're right they didn't play well. They played terrible down the stretch. They cracked.

You realize when a far superior talented team loses - the chances are they have had to have played poorly, don't you? SO UCONN has among the best classes coming in next year and so far has a good 2016 class -so if they lose to any team outside the top 3- they would have to play poorly more than likely- that will always be embarrasing?

Your post is is garbage. Want to try again withttu extreme exaggeration please? Are you that bitter and jeleous of the women? I'v seen your posts they are all well thought - not this crap you just posted. After the 1st two sentences I had to stop. Ten games within 25 last year. But "its been ages," right?

More importantly Stanford has beaten UCONN 4 of the past 11. It is SO EMBARRASSING that the two time champs lost in Stanford. NBA teams have a hard time sweeiping. College kids are more-than-likely to have major up-and-downs - which is why they aren't pros. And then we hear garbage of a two-tiem champion being "embarrassed" that they lost to a perennial power hosue with a fanatstic coach in oovertime. Unreal.

Were you on the old Hartford Courant Board a long time go?

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/stanford.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/111513md.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/archive/conn-w-baskbl-sched-2013.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/archive/conn-w-baskbl-sched-2013.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/archive/conn-w-baskbl-sched-2013.htmlhttp://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/033114.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/033114.html
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/040814.html

My post is garbage? I am not jealous of the women. I am a fan, it's a totally different game and they are the best at it BY FAR, bar none ever. Do you even know how really stupid you look? All that some are critiquing is how it happened down the stretch and how potentially they will need to improve as the year goes on. Yeah we threw in a couple jabs about KLM and Lord knows she deserves it. No different than what we do with the men except it's ok with the men because there are not as man holier than thou fans like yourself.

Now please stop, I promise I will!!

Reaction Score
Holy what a bunch of asswipes. Are you mushroom caps KIDDING me ? Second game of the year AT the #6 team in the country replacing two All Americans with freshmen and they suck because they lost by 2 in overtime ? Unreal. If you had ANY balls at all, you'd go to the women's board with this petty pissant bull$hit so the women's fans could tell you themselves what kind of s you are.

Unreal.

I'm hoping for a sarcastic face if not WOW..........

Reaction Score
Women's basketball is like Greek pizza. Even the best of the best in that category doesn't stack up.

I saw Taurasi play against male practice players and she looked incredibly average, yet against other women she looked fantastic. Its apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
the women's program has brought a great deal of exposure and pride to UConn, I love looking at all those banners in the rafters and I love watching UConn win the gold medal in the Olympics every four years. This year's team will find it's way. Losing in OT on the home court of one of the best teams in the nation is not so horrible

but what is horrible is how they lost and how dumb they were down the stretch. Very uncharacteristic for them

for me the worst play may have happened with 1.6 seconds left, the inbounds pass in the back-court and then the pass back to the inbounder who then dribbled out the clock

the game was over at that point, and they made a lot of poor decisions before that play that cost them the game, but that play was as stupid a play as I've ever seen

You realize when a far superior talented team loses - the chances are they have had to have played poorly, don't you? SO UCONN has among the best classes coming in next year and so far has a good 2016 class -so if they lose to any team outside the top 3- they would have to play poorly more than likely- that will always be embarrasing?

In other owrds - over the next several years - any game they lose outisde a top 3 team (which now Stanford is 1) - are the losses always to be classified as embarrasing? Because wiht all the talent they have - if thye play well they won't lose ot that tye of team, right?

Reaction Score
My post is garbage? I am not jealous of the women. I am a fan, it's a totally different game and they are the best at it BY FAR, bar none ever. Do you even know how really stupid you look? All that some are critiquing is how it happened down the stretch and how potentially they will need to improve as the year goes on. Yeah we threw in a couple jabs about KLM and Lord knows she deserves it. No different than what we do with the men except it's ok with the men because there are not as man holier than thou fans like yourself.

Now please stop, I promise I will!!

Whatset me off was your silly post about how's its been ages since a team came within 25 of them. If you are the fan you profess to be- explain the Baylor game from last year - a 7 seed cut the lead down ot 5 with 3:50 left. But it was ages tat atema came within 25, right? Expain Stanford being 4-7 the past 10 years.

Not to menton you are holding this team to standard of last year's who is arguably the greatest wcbb ever.

Im not holier than though. Justnot radicalized.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

In other owrds - over the next several years - any game they lose outisde a top 3 team (which now Stanford is 1) - are the losses always to be classified as embarrasing? Because wiht all the talent they have - if thye play well they won't lose ot that tye of team, right?

youse talkin to me? really?

Reaction Score
Whatset me off was your silly post about how's its been ages since a team came within 25 of them. If you are the fan you profess to be- explain the Baylor game from last year - a 7 seed cut the lead down ot 5 with 3:50 left. But it was ages tat atema came within 25, right? Expain Stanford being 4-7 the past 10 years.

Not to menton you are holding this team to standard of last year's who is arguably the greatest wcbb ever.

Im not holier than though. Justnot radicalized.

Geez sorry I exaggerated and forgot about Baylor. How did the rest of the year go?

Ok last time ( I swear). I don't care about this years team, last years team. The point is, as it has been painfully discussed, people wanted to talk about what happened, why they lost the other night. The reality is, and you can argue in this until you're blue in the face and you'll be wrong, there is only a couple of games a year until the elite 8 and on in which we can even have a somewhat critical discussion of the womens team. I mean are you going to do it in conference play? The fact you and a couple of others felt the need to come to their defense when people were just talking basketball and finishing the game is somewhat holier than thou like it or not. They deserved to be questioned in the final result the other night. They don't lose and they don't lose 10 point leads I don't care where they are playing.

I am not sure about being the fan I "profess to be" as I do root for them, watch them on occasion when they are actually having a game that matters. Am I you? yeah when I'm rooting for the men so I get who you are. Maybe it's the fact the men can lose on a given night mostly 80% of their schedule so we do discuss and critique more than you and your base. But if you play for an elite program and falter under pressure, there will be a discussion on why! If you don't like it, stay where the farts don't stink!

Reaction Score
Deadrody said:
Holy what a bunch of asswipes. Are you mushroom caps KIDDING me ? Second game of the year AT the #6 team in the country replacing two All Americans with freshmen and they suck because they lost by 2 in overtime ? Unreal. If you had ANY balls at all, you'd go to the women's board with this petty pissant bull$hit so the women's fans could tell you themselves what kind of s you are. Unreal. I'll be shocked if they lose another game all year.

What a dumb post. Calm down lady.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Holy what a bunch of asswipes. Are you mushroom caps KIDDING me ? ... If you had ANY balls at all, you'd go to the women's board with this petty pissant bull$hit so the women's fans could tell you themselves what kind of s you are.
What he said. Add the fact that the big donor to the new Champions Center is a women's fan and the majority of former players that donated are from the women's team and you get a bunch of misplaced schadenfreude here, IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IMHO, the women BB benefited greatly from this game. Stanford and UConn took something from this game. Fans had a competitive game between ranked teams. What we really need is more games like this and less blowouts. Hopefully in a couple weeks, ND-UConn will be a great game.

Reaction Score
The problem I can have with some of the discussions about the Women's team is that if it's not a great game, it's used as an example of why men's basketball is so much superior. Look, the women's team did a lot of stupid stuff last game..but it was no dumber than what men's teams do. And especially when you consider that the people making decisions didn't have any real experience making decisions because of two graduated seniors and it's the second game of the season. That of course, doesn't mean they are above criticism, but it's also silly to go overboard with it.

I think people forget that it's not always going to be like last season too. A few years ago, Skylar Diggins would routinely beat up on the Huskies. (In fact, she's the major reason for the bad OT record. ) Last season they were dominant, but they lost their second and third best player..their leaders..and other teams are actually pretty good.

Of course women can't compete with men. They are bigger, stronger, and overall more athletic. But that doesn't mean that the women aren't just as smart, can't shoot as well, can't dribble as well, pass as well..etc. And I don't know why this discussion comes up every season. It's a completely different style of play anyway. Personally, I enjoy it more, but I can see why other's wouldn't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Embarrasing for who?
You're right they didn't play well. They played terrible down the stretch. They cracked.

OK, since you posted the same thing twice. It's not embarrassing to play bad. And it's not embarrassing to lose. It's not embarrassing to miss a shot. But the disorganization, decisions, thought process, etc at the end of the game were embarrassing (and I'm sure the girls and Geno are pissed about it). It would be embarrassing for an 8th grade basketball team. It resembled 8 year olds basketball. I've no doubt that Geno and crew will resolve the issues and the women will roll by the end of the season.

And make no mistake, if the men did this at the end of a game, they'd be getting absolutely killed (ruthlessly) on here.

Reaction Score
The problem I can have with some of the discussions about the Women's team is that if it's not a great game, it's used as an example of why men's basketball is so much superior. Look, the women's team did a lot of stupid stuff last game..but it was no dumber than what men's teams do. And especially when you consider that the people making decisions didn't have any real experience making decisions because of two graduated seniors and it's the second game of the season. That of course, doesn't mean they are above criticism, but it's also silly to go overboard with it.

I think people forget that it's not always going to be like last season too. A few years ago, Skylar Diggins would routinely beat up on the Huskies. (In fact, she's the major reason for the bad OT record. ) Last season they were dominant, but they lost their second and third best player..their leaders..and other teams are actually pretty good.

Of course women can't compete with men. They are bigger, stronger, and overall more athletic. But that doesn't mean that the women aren't just as smart, can't shoot as well, can't dribble as well, pass as well..etc. And I don't know why this discussion comes up every season. It's a completely different style of play anyway. Personally, I enjoy it more, but I can see why other's wouldn't.
The men's team fans aren't alone in talking down about the other team's abilities. For every men's fan pointing out that athletically it's not close, there's a women's fan pointing out that the women just have better fundamentals and know how to play the game better.

Reaction Score

Not sure anyone mentioned at all during their critique of the game Monday anything at all about he men being superior. This was just men's fans electing to discuss the way the game was played and things that happened. Why it turned into this long thread of crap is because women fans feel they were being attacked. Not at all it i just what happens on this board and it's ok, not at all a slight on anyone (maybe KML got hit hard) just basketball talk. Then some had to twist and turn into something more......that's why we don't have the "balls" (deadrody) to go on the womens board to discuss! It's not rationale!

Reaction Score
Deadrody said:
Holy what a bunch of asswipes. Are you mushroom caps KIDDING me ? Second game of the year AT the #6 team in the country replacing two All Americans with freshmen and they suck because they lost by 2 in overtime ? Unreal. If you had ANY balls at all, you'd go to the women's board with this petty pissant bull$hit so the women's fans could tell you themselves what kind of s you are. Unreal. I'll be shocked if they lose another game all year.

C'mon. Are they elite athletes and coaches or children?

They left a 3 point shooter wide open for no reason up by 3 with less than five seconds left
They went for 2 down by 3 with less than five seconds left (after dribbling around for 20 seconds)
They didn't know what to do on the last possession, or who was supposed to inbound the ball, so instead they dribbled out the clock
They took two crappy, brain dead shots up by five with less than 2:00 to go won two straight possessions, instead of shortening the game
They did their best to turn the ball over up one with 15 seconds left by one-touching the ball to a player out of bounds, but caught a break with a foul first.

That's TERRIBLE basketball under pressure. Six glaring mental mistakes. If they don't figure out how to keep their composure in a tight game, they may find themselves knocked off this year. They showed an eighth grade level of understanding of time and score situations, which needs to be fixed. You can do everything right and still lose, there's a certain randomness to balls going in the basket or rebounds bouncing your way. But this is the difference between losing a baseball game because of a bad throw, and losing a baseball game because you lost focus and threw the ball to the wrong base or forgot how many outs there were. The first happens sometimes and you move on, the second better only happen once.

And this isn't a one-time thing. The last time they lost, Geno designed one of the stupidest last possessions I've ever seen in my life, the team recovered the loose ball anyway, and then spazzed out and turned it over - costing them a BE Championship. That was the last close game they were in. It falls on him to figure all this out and get his team to know what they are doing when it's a tight game. With a so-so defensive team (Chong and KML are not good man to man defenders), they are probably not going to be able to just blow everybody out out.

Reaction Score
What is the name of this assistant?

B2shP18CAAAUkgg.jpg

HELLO.

Reaction Score
She played at Vandy, apparently. She looked smokin' hot last night. Oh and apparently she's a twin...

th

Jasmine and Cinnamon.

Is there a double-like button somewhere around here?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I wouldn't. They are young. But they'll be ready come March.

Reaction Score

Unreal.

Wait asswipes and mushroom caps skates past just fine but we can't type the word sex without the filter inserting spaces in between the letters?

Wtf?

Reaction Score
C'mon. Are they elite athletes and coaches or children?

They left a 3 point shooter wide open for no reason up by 3 with less than five seconds left
They went for 2 down by 3 with less than five seconds left (after dribbling around for 20 seconds)
They didn't know what to do on the last possession, or who was supposed to inbound the ball, so instead they dribbled out the clock
They took two crappy, brain dead shots up by five with less than 2:00 to go won two straight possessions, instead of shortening the game
They did their best to turn the ball over up one with 15 seconds left by one-touching the ball to a player out of bounds, but caught a break with a foul first.

That's TERRIBLE basketball under pressure. Six glaring mental mistakes. If they don't figure out how to keep their composure in a tight game, they may find themselves knocked off this year. They showed an eighth grade level of understanding of time and score situations, which needs to be fixed. You can do everything right and still lose, there's a certain randomness to balls going in the basket or rebounds bouncing your way. But this is the difference between losing a baseball game because of a bad throw, and losing a baseball game because you lost focus and threw the ball to the wrong base or forgot how many outs there were. The first happens sometimes and you move on, the second better only happen once.

And this isn't a one-time thing. The last time they lost, Geno designed one of the stupidest last possessions I've ever seen in my life, the team recovered the loose ball anyway, and then spazzed out and turned it over - costing them a BE Championship. That was the last close game they were in. It falls on him to figure all this out and get his team to know what they are doing when it's a tight game. With a so-so defensive team (Chong and KML are not good man to man defenders), they are probably not going to be able to just blow everybody out out.

You're a mean jerk, man. They're trying hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom