UConn vs. Temple Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Temple Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
83-49 final. Shot 50%. But too many TOs and defensive lapses. Looked like our B- game. Ok, we're spoiled. :)

Reaction Score
Really so you think that a team like Temple should be outrebounding UConn(which has a size advantage at EVERY position)?

Yes, UConn should out rebound Temple (which they did), but it is just flat out not true to say that Temple was getting EVER 50-50 ball...

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Gabby Williams is so good. She's just so freaking athletic and has great touch and timing around the basket. Saniya seems to have found her shooting touch again, and Kiah is just a monster. If Ekmark can come in and hit a few threes our bench would be pretty ridiculous. (more so than it already is...)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How is she in practice?
That I don't know. I'm guessing she knocks down shots in practice because she took 5 today and it's not like Geno was yelling at her to stop...

Reaction Score
Lackluster effort on both ends...

Consistently beat off the dribble on defense and somewhat disjointed on offense. I guess it can't be easy getting up for teams in this conference, night in and night out. Hopefully they'll clean it up when it means a little something on the 9th.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Geno says: "We are creating a new statistic...most times fouling a three-point shooter."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Lackluster effort on both ends...

Consistently beat off the dribble on defense and somewhat disjointed on offense. I guess it can't be easy getting up for teams in this conference, night in and night out. Hopefully they'll clean it up when it means a little something on the 9th.
The margin of victory was almost identical to the last time they played - UCONN scored about 10 more points but so did Temple.

Reaction Score
That I don't know. I'm guessing she knocks down shots in practice because she took 5 today and it's not like Geno was yelling at her to stop...
saw your later post after I'd already made mine. Looks like we were thinking the same thing, namely the when something is working well in practice it should be tried in the game. Practice success is no guarantee of in-game success but it is likely the best predictor.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
saw your later post after I'd already made mine. Looks like we were thinking the same thing, namely the when something is working well in practice it should be tried in the game. Practice success is no guarantee of in-game success but it is likely the best predictor.
That's funny. I thought you were asking me and replying to my post from before LOL...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Uh, oh, Geno said that Mitchell may be the best guard the team will face. ND fans may not be happy. But then again it could be interpreted as "will face in the games ahead."

Reaction Score
Uh, oh, Geno said that Mitchell may be the best guard the team will face. ND fans may not be happy. But then again it could be interpreted as "will face in the games ahead."
As in he doesn't think ND has much of a chance of getting in our way in the tourney?

Reaction Score
I thought of Loyd too. I interpreted his comment as "all year", including games already played and guards already faced.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As in he doesn't think ND has much of a chance of getting in our way in the tourney?
Who knows who you will end up playing in the Tourney. You can't even guess about without getting some team peeved, so you can only talk about regular season.

Interesting 3s stat. Stewie and Morgan combine for 2-11, while Chong 2-2, and KLM, Kia, and MoJeff all at 2-3 go combined 8-11 so team shoots nice 45.5%.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Team doesn't need Morgan shooting 3 point shots. Team has too many other shooters. When out on the high post, she should be looking to pass the ball to an open shooter and cutting to the basket and maybe she gets layups. The only time Morgan should be taking 3 point shots its late in the shot clock and there's no other option. Usually that's not when she's taking her 3 point shots.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And on 4 of Morgan's misses, Temple got the rebound. Not a good percentage for UConn.

Reaction Score
Sloppy game but still won by 34. I think we was due for a bad game all of them can't be perfect. And even tho Morgan misses a lot of her 3s its not like they are bad shots or misses. She's either wide open and when she do shoots them they rattle in and out. She has a good touch I think she needs to flick her wrist more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of things not so great about today's performance, but it sure is nice to see Saniya apparently picking up a little more confidence. Hope this continues!

Reaction Score
The margin of victory was almost identical to the last time they played - UCONN scored about 10 more points but so did Temple.
What are you trying to convince me of???

You can post statistics until you need a new set of keys on your board. It didn't pass the "eye" test and was not a good effort by ANY stretch, no matter what prescription rose colored glasses were used.

A similar effort against SC will result in loss. Period.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn has a better winning margin at home than on the road during the two years in AAC play versus conference teams. The ugly games tend to come more on the road, so in the Temple 34 point wins this year, you might say the better showing was today from that perspective.

Reaction Score
Rebecca just mentioned during a UCONN recap that Mo'ne was in the audience, and her co-host warned that she probably just committed an NCAA violation - ha!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What are you trying to convince me of???

You can post statistics until you need a new set of keys on your board. It didn't pass the "eye" test and was not a good effort by ANY stretch, no matter what prescription rose colored glasses were used.

A similar effort against SC will result in loss. Period.
Really? Good grief. Hysterical much? SC is losing to 14-7 Ole miss by a score of 19-12 with about 7 minutes left in the 1st half. If SC plays like that against UCONN they will lose by 40. PERIOD.

To say it was "not a good effort by ANY stretch" smacks of hyperbole. You make it sound like there was nothing good in the game. Let me give you some facts...and no my fingers have not fallen off.
  1. UCONN held Temple to 19 points in the 2nd half
  2. Kiah Stokes collected 8 blocks, and UCONN as a team had 11
  3. UCONN shot 10-22 from beyond the arc. In spite of Tuck going 1-5
  4. UCONN outscored Temple 18 in the first half and 16 in the 2nd half
  5. The much maligned bench scored 22 points, 8 of them coming from Chong who played her 3rd solid game in an row
  6. UCONN on average holds opponents to 29.8% shooting. Temple shot 28.4%
  7. UCONN won by 34 points
It never ceases to amaze me that UCONN fans seem to expect (at times) more perfection than Geno. He's been harping on the passing since the start of the season and has called this team a "terrible passing team". To me that means there are things the team needs to work on over the course of the season, but to call the effort by the team basically crap is a huge over-exaggeration. I just don't get some of the over the top comments by several UCONN fans during and after blowout games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom