UConn vs. Chatanooga. Badass Award goes to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Chatanooga. Badass Award goes to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Can't argue with Gabby getting the Badass but I would have voted for the "D". That second half was a beautiful display of defense.

Reaction Score
I'm voting for Napheesa; she was fabulous, too.
I have to vote for Gabby but a close, very close second id Collier. Chong to deserves some credit, she came in an ran the show after Jefferson got and unprecedented 7 T.O.'s That Paige for the Moc's had quick hands Chong handled them.
A 48 point victory seemed like 10 points --it sneaked up on me quickly.

Reaction Score
The top 3 Huskies seemed either to be getting bad calls or were playing not up to par. Stewie, Jefferson, Nurse.
The Bench did a great job. Uconn was called for things they never get called for--question---home boys>>>???

Reaction Score
Gabby got everything in mopup time.

Lol.....there isn't much game time in a UConn game that isn't 'mop up time'.

What matters is that Gabby (and the rest of the team) play like it's a close game.

Gabby can beat you on offense in so many ways and her defense can create those opportunities.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I have to vote for Gabby but a close, very close second id Collier. Chong to deserves some credit, she came in an ran the show after Jefferson got and unprecedented 7 T.O.'s That Paige for the Moc's had quick hands Chong handled them.
A 48 point victory seemed like 10 points --it sneaked up on me quickly.
Oddish type game for MoJeff as she was perfect with the shooting from everywhere, but the (officially credited) 6 TOs tie her career high, matching an early game against Oregon in her sophomore season. Chong did not turn it over, so that's a nice plus.

When the sweat is flowing, all the minutes are mop-up, and when the Huskies play, both teams are doing a lot of sweating.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Can't argue with Gabby getting the Badass but I would have voted for the "D". That second half was a beautiful display of defense.

Good idea. But it's easier to track individual game Badasses. (As of now, Gabby 2, Mo and Stewie one each.) Or maybe I'm too lazy. Let's stay the course and see how this plays out as the season progresses, OK? :)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Oddish type game for MoJeff as she was perfect with the shooting from everywhere, but the (officially credited) 6 TOs tie her career high, matching an early game against Oregon in her sophomore season. Chong did not turn it over, so that's a nice plus.

When the sweat is flowing, all the minutes are mop-up, and when the Huskies play, both teams are doing a lot of sweating.
In the post-game interview, she said that 4 of those won't count because Shea made her do the drives... :)

Reaction Score
MoJeff does nothing wrong !!!! Eats her vitamins and finishes her vegetables.... and man, when she does have an infrequent turnover, I mean, it is only an accident.... she did not mean to do it!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Good idea. But it's easier to track individual game Badasses. (As of now, Gabby 2, Mo and Stewie one each.) Or maybe I'm too lazy. Let's stay the course and see how this plays out as the season progresses, OK? :)
impossible

Reaction Score

I was watching the Chattanooga's "gametracker" which is a rolling play by play, not instant total stats. The point guard for Moc's was Payne not Paige--she was (per Geno) not their regular point but she was very very good, and quick hands.
I use Gametracker because I get little info from the "color Announcers"--something I learned while able to hear Bob Joyce and watch TV. Way back it was Bob Elsworth with the guys who was great, I'd turn off the TV sound and hear the game on the radio.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She hardly ever does.

Reaction Score
I would like to change the name of the award to "BEAST" vs. Badass.

Reaction Score
The top 3 Huskies seemed either to be getting bad calls or were playing not up to par. Stewie, Jefferson, Nurse.
The Bench did a great job. Uconn was called for things they never get called for--question---home boys>>>???

Good observations, Broadway. Kia seems to be stuck in neutral...kinda strange. Mo was overly aggressive on offense. However, her defense...was spot-on. I love how she tortures people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom