UConn v. Yale | The Boneyard

UConn v. Yale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice to see Tabakman back. Also nice to see the shake up in the lineup. Need to try something. Sundberg out of the leadoff is a good thing. Too many k's. Hopefully when Verdi gets back it will help things.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Tabakman back. Also nice to see the shake up in the lineup. Need to try something. Sundberg out of the leadoff is a good thing. Too many k's. Hopefully when Verdi gets back it will help things.

In the preseason, Penders was talking about having Sundberg hit 9th. That changed quickly when he was one of the few Huskies to start off the season with a hot bat with a few walks to boot. Obviously, Sundberg has since cooled off and his on base percentage has come tumbling way down. I have been wondering for a couple weeks if Penders would move him out of the top spot, especially since there were a few Huskies such as Daniello that were sporting on base percentages that were much better.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmm...I had heard earlier that Callahan Brown had to sit out due to his transfer from Mississippi State. Guess that was wrong. Good to see him get some work.

Penders said in the post game interview that he is looking to start Tabakman this weekend.

Reaction Score
Hmm...I had heard earlier that Callahan Brown had to sit out due to his transfer from Mississippi State. Guess that was wrong. Good to see him get some work.

Penders said in the post game interview that he is looking to start Tabakman this weekend.

You were right... saw the same thing.

Reaction Score
Y

Yep, I had heard or read the same thing. Maybe we have extra depth. Maybe he saw enough of Niego that he knew he wasn't ready for this stage this year and had to get someone else in there.

Reaction Score
Y
Yep, I had heard or read the same thing. Maybe we have extra depth. Maybe he saw enough of Niego that he knew he wasn't ready for this stage this year and had to get someone else in there.

Over the next few weeks UConn baseball is entering a very busy stretch of their schedule, with some weeks having as many as five or even six games to play. It seems to be this way every year for UConn baseball. It always seems at this time of year Penders will usually start using a couple of pitchers who have not seen much, if any action in the early going. So I'm thinking we will be seeing more of Radue, Brown, and possibly others due to the higher frequency of games over the next four weeks.

Reaction Score
For the "lurkers"... http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/040214aaa.html

Game Notes
- Melley is 26-for-46 (.565) over UConn’s last 13 games. He also recorded his 10th multi-hit game of the year and fifth in his last six games
- Ten Husky players either scored or drove in a run in the victory
- Callahan Brown made his first appearance of the season for the Huskies, coming in in relief in the eighth.
- The Huskies scored double digit runs for the fifth time in 2014 and the second time in the last three games.

The Huskies return to action this weekend when they will take part in the 2014 College Baseball Classic at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Conn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom