UConn to the B10????? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn to the B10?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
David76...didn't mean to come off arrogant or anything but really look into it a while then tell me what you think? Its all about markets and relationships!!Im hoping you guys join the B1G party!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
RU is in. UCONN is not. You are right. I'm almost 16. I'm glad you want UCONN in the B1G. Did you watch the video at the beginning of this thread that the conversation is based on?

Reaction Score
RU is in. UCONN is not. You are right. I'm almost 16. I'm glad you want UCONN in the B1G. Did you watch the video at the beginning of this thread that the conversation is based on?
No I'll admit I didnt Dave...so I was right? You really are that young? Or just sarcasm? No biggie but if you look I edited that out?

Reaction Score
Read the comprehensive CR board and you'll realize it go's way beyond even just winning. This thread was joked about by national and local posters for being so uninformed on CR! Not WBB fault but not the place for intelligent CR conversation Dave! Remember too in WBB RU hired the 1st paid HC and are traditionally pretty darn good...no joke bloke!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sarcasm. Retort to your response. I graduated UCONN in 76. But we are good. Take care Nicky

Reaction Score
By you're handle I'm guessing you're 38 or so?

Reaction Score
Sarcasm. Retort to your response. I graduated UCONN in 76. But we are good. Take care Nicky
I was off by about 20yrs on my 38 guess? Probably 58 and i'm 62..thanks Dave sorry I was a bit of a wiseazz at 1st..good luck(though you guys dont need it)lol!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our basketball should continue to be good but I really wish we were in a P-5 conference like you guys. I'm more often on the Men'sBB forum. You "liked" my much earlier post in this thread about why a power conference is so important.I'm not naive about conferences.
I was just responding to someone's post about the high standards we would need to reach to get in the B1G. I was making my point at Rutgers expense. Didn't know actual Rutgers fans were actually around. Sorry if I offended.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our basketball should continue to be good but I really wish we were in a P-5 conference. I'm more often on the Men'sBB forum. You "liked" my much earlier post on why
I have absolutely NO DOUBT UConn will be P5 within 1 or 2 years...believe me it happens quick!! Like a bolt from the sky...why...you're in almost as good a market as RU AND you guys win! I would'nt be surprised if talks were going on as we speak!! No way UConn is less than P5 schools with worse track records and markets!! WF? SU? BC? L'ville? But no UConn? Even the biggest skeptic's know thats wrong!!

Reaction Score
I fear we would all be dead if we did hold our breath for it. While I think UConn is making all the right moves to become an enticing "product" to one of the power conferences, I don't think they are quite there yet.
Not quite there yet? I'm pretty sure UConn has been a member of a power conference before...

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
But for those of us (as in myself) who are moving to within 15 miles from Ann Arbor later this year, it would be wonderfully sweet. Not to mention that Lansing isn't that far away, either.

Plus living in an area where the Big Ten tv network is aired!

Rats, just writing this put me into fantasy land for a moment, thinking that the invite will really come.

Awesome!

AFM, my ideal situation would be for UConn to go to the ACC AND to have us move back to Hotlanta. ;) (I left Atlanta just in time to miss Maya Moore's homecoming game. UGH.)

Reaction Score
Dose of reality from Ess e x County Abe....I'm a bit surprised myself Afroabe as I'm in W.Caldwell you're neighbor !!

Not sure I get the neighbor reference? I live in the mid-west. Actually, I guess it's all B1G country (NJ-Nebraska).

Reaction Score
i SUSPECT there might be some news before the fall football season............UCONN has all the pieces in place, Facilities, The Rent needs to expany by 25K, Great practice facilities for fotball and Basketball.......UCONN is the biggest TV power in the east.........

Reaction Score
Not sure I get the neighbor reference? I live in the mid-west. Actually, I guess it's all B1G country (NJ-Nebraska).
I thought it was you that was from the Caldwell,NJ area in a few of you're posts referencing NJ essex cty HS kids in recruiting and when UConn hired HCBD I got a comment about "your" local ties to my old neighborhood? Actually now I'm in the Albany,NY Capital District myself but mom,my sister still live in W.Caldwell,NJ!! I grew up in Belleville/Nutley as a youth but lived in NYC,Conn and NY upstate since "78"!!

Reaction Score
I thought it was you that was from the Caldwell,NJ area in a few of you're posts referencing NJ ess e x cty HS kids in recruiting and when UConn hired HCBD I got a comment about "your" local ties to my old neighborhood? Actually now I'm in the Albany,NY Capital District myself but mom,my sister still live in W.Caldwell,NJ!! I grew up in Belleville/Nutley as a youth but lived in NYC,Conn and NY upstate since "78"!!

Hmm I'm not much of a recruiting poster, maybe there is another Abe on the BY? Anyway I moved from Storrs to Ann Arbor after graduation a few years back.

Reaction Score
Hmm I'm not much of a recruiting poster, maybe there is another Abe on the BY? Anyway I moved from Storrs to Ann Arbor after graduation a few years back.
Maybe its a guy with a similar handle? I see him when I lurk on RU's rivals site to see what's up on KF and the rotten recruiting lately there as much as I hate to say it!! I hope RU gets a bigtime buzz guy in there soon!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom