Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
8FE0lAO.jpg

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I like it. Kinda. I think it might grow on me but being the xmas season it kind of reminds me of those big old bulbs mom used to put on the tree. You know, the ones that used to burn you if ya touched em.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Look cheap and almost not related to sports whatsoever. Why not have a map/outline of the NYC boroughs with the UConn logo translucent in the background.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I like it. Could be better but not bad. Hopefully they ask for ideas for a version 2

Reaction Score
Makes me think of all the New York wannabe ideas.

Worth wearing on the streets, if it rubs St. Johns and cuse the wrong way.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Driving to Jersey via Lincoln Tunnel and when you make a left onto West 40th to go down to the tunnel, the UConn billboard was up on display same text/font combo as the shirt.

Interesting that you'd go under a Nike rebrand and use a slogan and branding that doesn't relate to UConn whatsoever as your featured ad in New York City.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Why are we acting like the ugly girl in the hallway trying to get the attention of the star quarterback?

We have to be the tall elusive blonde who won't let you carry her books.

UConn: the place New Yorkers go to watch college basketball.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
UCONN: The place New Yorkers go to watch championship basketball.

Men's: 4 NCCA Titles.
Women's: 10 NCAA Titles.

Or

Where the little town blues meets the big city:

UCONN BASKETBALL.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The style/font is intended to look like subway symbols. I would have scratched the yellow in favor of grey (note that the subway people were smart enough to put black letters inside the yellow, as white letters get lost), and probably swapped the orange out in favor of purple.

photo-main.jpg

Reaction Score
I would have gone with a regular "UCONN" like Nike uses and did the " The 6th Borough" in the circle colors.

Reaction Score
I hate to be that guy but this was the 2nd time in 3 years Maryland fans outdrew us in NYC. I understand that they (supposedly) controlled the ticket allotment last time in Barclay's, but there was 75% MD fans this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate to be that guy but this was the 2nd time in 3 years Maryland fans outdrew us in NYC. I understand that they (supposedly) controlled the ticket allotment last time in Barclay's, but there was 75% MD fans this year.
That was not my observation at MSG. And I sat in a heavily Maryland section for the first half. I think the Maryland red (like the God-awful UVA orange) skews your perception because it is easier to pick out of the crowd than UConn's National Flag Blue. I would say it was at worst 50/50, but Maryland had a lot more to cheer for for most of the game. Before @BigErnMcCracken and KO killed our late rally, the place was plenty loud for UConn for that brief moment when it seemed like we had a chance.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That was not my observation at MSG. And I sat in a heavily Maryland section for the first half. I think the Maryland red (like the God-awful UVA orange) skews your perception because it is easier to pick out of the crowd than UConn's National Flag Blue. I would say it was at worst 50/50, but Maryland had a lot more to cheer for for most of the game. Before @BigErnMcCracken and KO killed our late rally, the place was plenty loud for UConn for that brief moment when it seemed like we had a chance.
This. The red shirts make more noise. There was easily more UConn fans there.

Reaction Score

I made the mistake of sitting under the Maryland basket and there were probably a total of 7 UConn fans on the entire end. 2 of them were my friends. I'll take your word on it that it was better on the other end. I even had a MD fan next to me comment that he thought it would be like a home game for us. Terrible experience all around.

Reaction Score

Rally didn't start until I got tossed, holmes.

Reaction Score
I thought it was maybe like 65/35 UConn. Unfortunately, UConn fans didn't have much to cheer for until late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom