UCONN TBT Coming (Merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN TBT Coming (Merged)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That’s a boatload of travel for JC. I’m guessing ?Chris Smith - pure speculation.
I'll play... I think the coach will be more current than Smitty. I'll go with Rip, although it's worth noting that Drummond has coached a TBT team before.

Reaction Score
Hope they're able to put together a good roster, some of these TBT teams are no joke and have been together for multiple tourneys. Last year's Louisville team that got together for the first time had quite a few dudes from their title team, including Russ Smith and Peyton Siva.

Reaction Score
Great initiative by Marc. He tweeted that, if they win the million, 10% goes to his NIL, 10% to the coaching staff, 10% to each of the 8 players. Visionary!

Reaction Score
Love the innovation in this tournament. Elam Ending is cool as hell, the goaltending modification, now they just have to get rid of 3 second rules.

Reaction Score
Check out this story from Fox Sports

Roster not complete. Head Coach and GM selected.

- Boatright and Daniels will reunite as teammates after bringing home the national title in 2014. They will join Calcaterra, who was a part of the Dan Hurley-led 2023 championship team.

- Stars of Storrs was organized by University of Connecticut alum Marc D’Amelio and the D’Amelio Huskies Collective, which has been assisting UConn student athletes, including current hoopers Donovan Clingan, Stephon Castle, and Hassan Diarra, with name, image, and likeness (NIL) opportunities since it was founded in 2022. If the Stars of Storrs wins TBT’s $1 million prize, $100,000 will be donated to the Collective.

- D’Amelio will serve as the team’s general manager, while Chris Smith, UConn’s all-time leading scorer, will be the team’s head coach.

-
TBT’s 64-team field is composed of eight regionals with eight teams in each, all hosted on the campus of a powerhouse college basketball team. If Stars of Storrs advances out of the Pittsburgh Regional, they’ll play in TBT’s quarterfinals on July 29.

- TBT’s semifinals and $1 million championship game will be held August 2 and August 4 at Drexel University in Philadelphia.

Reaction Score
I remember when Josh Boone played in this with the Barstool sponsored team when TBT was first launched. I believe they ended up losing in the championship to the ND team. Awesome tournament to watch though

Reaction Score
Roster so far is:
Ryan Boatright
RJ Cole
Joey California
Deandre Daniels
Jeff Adrien

Guessing there's 3-5 more slots open? Wouldn't mind seeing a Phil Nolan or Gavin Edwards addition to help with the front court.

Reaction Score
Roster so far is:
Ryan Boatright
RJ Cole
Joey California
Deandre Daniels
Jeff Adrien

Guessing there's 3-5 more slots open? Wouldn't mind seeing a Phil Nolan or Gavin Edwards addition to help with the front court.

Adrien had an old man game when he was 19. What on earth is it going to look like at 37?

Does he go full YMCA or does he do a Benjamin Button and start stroking 3s as a big?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom