UConn stats, an epic beat down of Lady Mocs... | The Boneyard

UConn stats, an epic beat down of Lady Mocs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
The Lady Mocs from Chattanooga almost beat Tennessee last week, finally losing by 2 pts. They are a decent team. But tonight was a beat down for the ages. Here's just some of the evidence.
1. UConn held Chattanooga to 11 pts in he first period. It got worse. The Mocs scored 5 pts in the third and were absolutely smothered in the last 10 minutes, scoring just 3 points. It was a defensive clinic..!!
2. Just Gabby, Katie Lou, Napheesa and Saniya out scored Chattanooga 32-31. They didn't need the other 4 starters' 47 pts.
3. Chattanooga had more turnovers (20) than baskets (13). They missed 40 of their 53 shots. Their 13 baskets were less than UConn's 14 steals.
4. UConn went 2-11 from three pt range and still shot 55.4% from the field. UConn had 23 assists on 31 baskets. The Mocs had 4 assists.
5. MoJeff went 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from free throw line to lead the scoring with 15 pts. Chattanooga's leading scorer had 8 pts on 13 shots. UConn had six players score 8 or more points.
6. Napheesa Collier had 6 steals, while the Lady MocS team had 4. Collier also had 12 rebounds, 8 pts, 1 block and 1 assist.
7. Gabby had her 8th double-double with 14 pts and 12 rebounds. She also had 4 assists, a steal and a block.
8. UConn out scored Chattanooga 42-8 in the 2nd half with the starters playing very limited minutes.
9. UConn had more offensive rebounds (12) than personal fouls (8). UConn made 15-18 free throws, the Mocs made 1 free throw.
10. Stewie was Stewie with 14 pts, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover and a partridge in a pear tree.

Go Huskies..!!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The Lady Mocs from Chattanooga almost beat Tennessee last week, finally losing by 2 pts. They are a decent team. But tonight was a beat down for the ages. Here's just some of the evidence.
1. UConn held Chattanooga to 11 pts in he first period. It got worse. The Mocs scored 5 pts in the third and were absolutely smothered in the last 10 minutes, scoring just 3 points. It was a defensive clinic..!!
2. Just Gabby, Katie Lou, Napheesa and Saniya out scored Chattanooga 32-31. They didn't need the other 4 starters' 47 pts.
3. Chattanooga had more turnovers (20) than baskets (13). They missed 40 of their 53 shots. Their 13 baskets were less than UConn's 14 steals.
4. UConn went 2-11 from three pt range and still shot 55.4% from the field. UConn had 23 assists on 31 baskets. The Mocs had 4 assists.
5. MoJeff went 5-5 from the field and 4-4 from free throw line to lead the scoring with 15 pts. Chattanooga's leading scorer had 8 pts on 13 shots. UConn had six players score 8 or more points.
6. Napheesa Collier had 6 steals, while the Lady MocS team had 4. Collier also had 12 rebounds, 8 pts, 1 block and 1 assist.
7. Gabby had her 8th double-double with 14 pts and 12 rebounds. She also had 4 assists, a steal and a block.
8. UConn out scored Chattanooga 42-8 in the 2nd half with the starters playing very limited minutes.
9. UConn had more offensive rebounds (12) than personal fouls (8). UConn made 15-18 free throws, the Mocs made 1 free throw.
10. Stewie was Stewie with 14 pts, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover and a partridge in a pear tree.

Go Huskies..!!
You are mistaken. I am sure it was two turtle doves.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Go Huskies..!!
That Collier's a Hoover on the boards.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I believe Napheesa Collier and KLS are starting to get this College thing figured out. One of you UConn Fans please send Megan Culmo a Thesaurus, if I hear her describe Gabby as explosive one more time my head my explode!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I believe Napheesa Collier and KLS are starting to get this College thing figured out. One of you UConn Fans please send Megan Culmo a Thesaurus, if I hear her describe Gabby as explosive one more time my head my explode!!
Explosive? She's a gamma-ray burst. Or should I say a Gabby-ray burst?:cool:

Reaction Score

Go Huskies..!!
Great synopsis of game. Only thing I would like to add is that Chattanooga took the full 30 almost every time and that lead to there horrific scoring, but it also burned the clock, leaving less time for UCONN to score their 85 plus scoring. No Butler tonight - maybe a few minutes against Depaul on Wednesday? Lastly, Chong was on her game tonight - she will be a big plus this season.

Reaction Score
Megan must be a big fan of Gabby...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's the UConn formula. D wins the game, O determines by how much. The last quarter where we smothered them had mostly Gabby, Collier, Ekmark, KLS and Chong on the floor together. Chew on that. One starter. A junior, two sophs and two frosh. In fairness, I'm not sure who the Mocs had on the floor, but Geno must be doing cartwheels over how that unit got after it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Mocs has 13 field goals. At least 3 of them were at the shot clock buzzer, and 2 of them were in the "prayer" category. It could have been even worse.

As the announcers said, the Mocs looked gassed--in the middle of the 3rd period.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Go Huskies..!!
You can add in Jefferson has now passed Montgomery (266) for 7th on the Steals list at 268. Next up Baer at 275.
Also passed Abrosimova (473) for 12th on the assist list at 475. Next up Hayes at 483.
And she passed Faris (1109) for 35th on the scoring list at 1124. Next up JMoore at 1223. Be a few games.

Reaction Score
The 42-8 stat is a little deceptive. The Mocs scored the first and last field goals of the half. In between UConn (mostly the bench) outscored the Mocs 42-3!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Will be my new favorite player once Mo graduates.
I like Kia as well. Both have great athleticism court sense (BBIQ) as well as laser like focus and intensity.

Gabby has been a real pleasure to watch this year. She's a great example of good freshman player making the "sophomore jump" to become an impact player.

Reaction Score

Next time you see Meghan, give her this list:
synonyms: volatile · inflammable · flammable · combustible ·
incendiary

How do we feel about the old baller calling UConn players "kids"? (In the Middle East, an "exploding kid" is a bomb.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom