UConn Spring Football Updates (1st Practice 3/19/24) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Spring Football Updates (1st Practice 3/19/24)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I don't want to hear that JF is competing with Roberson. Now if I heard CW and TR were competing, I'd be happier.

Reaction Score
I thought Buckman was very good at receiver last year. I'm hoping for a lot from him this year.

I'm a glass half empty with our production last year. Buckman was our top target out of all our WR's last year and was used to beat guys down the field one on one. Although he was productive, our results speak for themselves...I think he was completely miss used and should have been penned in as a slot receiver. We need a couple of true big bodied down field threats that can actually outrun CB's....Buckman has great hands but seems like he would be better suited for cross routes, which we almost never did. I just don't get our offensive play calling or strategy...outside of running almost every first and second down for the Oline it doesn't seem to set any of our players up for success.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment that Buckman would be best used as a slot receiver and that he was sent downfield because the other options ended up not being as good as we needed. I guess I'm expecting a good year from him because I'm hoping we have more vertical threats in the WR this year, allowing him to do what he is better at.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment that Buckman would be best used as a slot receiver and that he was sent downfield because the other options ended up not being as good as we needed. I guess I'm expecting a good year from him because I'm hoping we have more vertical threats in the WR this year, allowing him to do what he is better at.
You are 100% correct. When didn't have enough outside receivers that got separation and could go up and catch a 50/50 ball. I am hoping we see a marked improvement in that position with the 2 transfers and the improvement of the younger receivers on our roster.

Reaction Score
I'm a glass half empty with our production last year. Buckman was our top target out of all our WR's last year and was used to beat guys down the field one on one. Although he was productive, our results speak for themselves...I think he was completely miss used and should have been penned in as a slot receiver. We need a couple of true big bodied down field threats that can actually outrun CB's....Buckman has great hands but seems like he would be better suited for cross routes, which we almost never did. I just don't get our offensive play calling or strategy...outside of running almost every first and second down for the Oline it doesn't seem to set any of our players up for success.
WR's and CB's are the fastest guys on the field. Kinda tough for a big body to outrun a CB -- if that's what you meant.

Reaction Score
Is there such a thing as a glass half full UConn fb fan?

Reaction Score
the helmet cam is cool
I was guessing it helps with film breakdown. gives a bird’s eye view of where he was looking at any given point. Gotta be a great teaching tool as he’s learning progressions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom